Bundesliga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought that overall, considering I knew there weren't going to be crowds and the atmosphere would be totally flat, it was pretty good.

Still think it would be a total mistake to bring the Premier League back, though. We're pretty much an island sinking under the weight of COVID at the mo. It'd be sick to re-introduce sport now.

Football punditry is typically the domain of big-name ex-players with big, controversial opinions. Broadcasters tend to favour style over substance and conflict over nuance. Broich and Polenz have successfully bucked that trend.

"We're taking a lot of pride in that," Broich says. "It's not our playing careers that got us into all of this. I never played for a big club in Germany, never played European football. You look around and pretty much all the experts are former World Cup winners. When you're not a famous player, you haven't achieved that much, you have to work a lot harder.

"I was just researching all the time, talking to scouts, to the analysis departments all over the league, former players, coaches, constantly furthering my knowledge. That amount of work ... when you've made a lot of money and played at big clubs, maybe you don't deem it necessary, and I guess it can reflect in the work you do."

Back
Top Bottom