Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m reluctant to stir old pots Guido but I think you’re wrong here.

irespective of whether it was a good refereeing decision or not - for months like you I argued it wasn’t, to the amusement and bemusement of my neutral footballing friends, but I now accept its 50:50 at best - the point is that he is a professional footballer behaving stupidly, very stupidly, in a CL final. Like what BC said.
So every player giving out instruction to players around them is stupid? Mate, every player does this. Every player communicates to each other, who to pick up, where to stand, what runner to look out for etc. It is the essence on filed of communication.

That fact you say it's 50/50 means it wouldn't have been awarded if it went to VAR. It didn't go to VAR, which is an absolute disgrace.

Having said all this it's Tripp's that let his man cut inside and have enough space, yet as always the wrong player seems to take the heat.

So every player giving out instruction to players around them is stupid? Mate, every player does this. Every player communicates to each other, who to pick up, where to stand, what runner to look out for etc. It is the essence on filed of communication.

That fact you say it's 50/50 means it wouldn't have been awarded if it went to VAR. It didn't go to VAR, which is an absolute disgrace.

Having said all this it's Tripp's that let his man cut inside and have enough space, yet as always the wrong player seems to take the heat.

No mate, only the one's standing the box doing it, next to a striker who's about to kick the ball at them with no other options on.... which is why no-one else was doing it.

I admire you for defending the bloke but it's just wrong. I expect if we asked he'd say himself, "yes, I was stupid, I wish I hadn't done it" or similar.

Still can't quite forgive Sissoko.

2.png

Stupid fucking cunt

:pochcmon:
You need to let this go - Moussa wasn't the only one to blame for that defeat, we just did not perform.
I still love Poch, but saying he would leave if we won was not the way to go into the game.

One of the biggest let downs of my life....... and believe me, being a divorcee twice over, I've had my fair share!!!

You need to let this go - Moussa wasn't the only one to blame for that defeat, we just did not perform.
I still love Poch, but saying he would leave if we won was not the way to go into the game.

One of the biggest let downs of my life....... and believe me, being a divorcee twice over, I've had my fair share!!!
It annoys me ,much more than upsets me. We only had to put in 10% more effort and we could have got a result that night. Liverpool were not much better than us on the day.

Never letting that go, sucker punched.

Everyone was absolutely burned out after 5 years under Poch and the emotional journey of the Champions League last season. I think it was best for everyone that Poch left and he seems to agree.

I think Newcastle will be quite a fun squad to watch in 2021/2022 if Poch goes there. Rather him go there than Madrid, PSG or Bayern. He seems to want the challenge in any case.

Everyone was absolutely burned out after 5 years under Poch and the emotional journey of the Champions League last season. I think it was best for everyone that Poch left and he seems to agree.

I think Newcastle will be quite a fun squad to watch in 2021/2022 if Poch goes there. Rather him go there than Madrid, PSG or Bayern. He seems to want the challenge in any case.

Regardless of who's managing them, I will take no fun from watching another financially jacked-up bunch of pretenders ruining the competitive nature of the league.

...So apparently Rafa's making it known that he's after a return to Newcastle..... Even though his replacement is still in the job. Classy as ever from the Fat Spanish Waiter.

Meanwhile, Stones & Barkley have apparently been identified as central pieces to the incoming revamp. :sherwoodwtf:

Wasn't there a lot of talk about him only making it as far as he has because of his dad being manager during Sr.s reign?

Has he stepped it up since Jose entered perhaps? Probably not ready for the first team but maybe a loan in the fall.

Wasn't there a lot of talk about him only making it as far as he has because of his dad being manager during Sr.s reign?

Has he stepped it up since Jose entered perhaps? Probably not ready for the first team but maybe a loan in the fall.
He probably got a shot because of his dad but by all reports he's actually doing quite well, so he's at least making the most of it. Loan him out for a season or two and see what happens.

He probably got a shot because of his dad but by all reports he's actually doing quite well, so he's at least making the most of it. Loan him out for a season or two and see what happens.
1 goal and 3 assists in 14 games. Decent numbers for a 19 year old trying to break into the U23s. If he's stepped it up then it is great news. As you said a loan could probably do him good.

I also like that Sr. is pointing to the crest on Jr's top.

Back
Top Bottom