The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quick quiz...

What is the reason football wants to restart?

A) Money
B) Nothing to do with money, it's the nation's game
C) For the integrity of football
D) To distract the general public
E) Money (oh, I've already said that)
F) Liverpool FC fan base (30 odd years gran darn it!)

Quick quiz...

What is the reason football wants to restart?

A) Money
B) Nothing to do with money, it's the nation's game
C) For the integrity of football
D) To distract the general public
E) Money (oh, I've already said that)
F) Liverpool FC fan base (30 odd years gran darn it!)

From the clubs POV it's definitely money, but not them being greedy - its desperation as they have already spent the TV money and might have to pay it back if the season isn't completed.

I assume this is part of the refund process but apparently I'm off to Tottenham tomorrow...

Dear Mr xxxxx ( xxxxxxxx)

Thank you for purchasing a ticket for Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United 26-05-2020 . As a One Hotspur Member you gain access to the Stadium via your Stadium Access Card, please see below your seat details for the fixture:

Entrance Via: Turnstile 19-22
Block: 256
Row: x
Seat No: xxx
:mourthumb:

Watch Liverpool get the easiest possible fixtures up first so they win the league ASAP.....they'll then can the entire thing and move onto next season at the first hint of trouble
If Man Utd is up first for us then you would assume that they're doing them in the original scheduled order.
Nothing would surprise me though.
Are they still sticking to neutral venues?

If Man Utd is up first for us then you would assume that they're doing them in the original scheduled order.
Nothing would surprise me though.
Are they still sticking to neutral venues?

That hasn't been decided - the relegation threatened teams were very against neutral venues

The biggest hurdle imo to finishing the season is getting the teams to agree to the format

That hasn't been decided - the relegation threatened teams were very against neutral venues

The biggest hurdle imo to finishing the season is getting the teams to agree to the format

Indeed and a huge hurdle it is continuing to prove.

I think aside from the 'relegation' clubs the threat of fucking up the longer-term commercial model of the EPL, TV etc. payments will eventually prevail.... (I assuming the standard "14 or more clubs need to agree" rule still applies here.)

Back
Top Bottom