Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disagree he's barely played any games.
He's nothing special
and Moussa Sissoko wasn't pivotal to our team
We would've been much better off getting Luis from Benfica who's actually a CDM . Or better off trying to go for Bruno , knowing Eriksen was going because surprise surprise Bruno's had an instant imapct despite being from a different league

He's nothing special
Moussa was very much pivotal for our team. He was the muscle in our midfield both under Poch and under Mourinho. He wasn't the creative nucleus but there have been multiple games that he have helped us win through sheer physical presence in the midfield.

You are vastly underselling Moussa if you don't think that he has been pivotal to our team functioning.

He's nothing special

Depth isn't about how much they play; it's about them being available when you need them.

Ergo Sissoko played a shit-load last year and saved our neck in countless games.

GLC/Ndombele's start to their time here has been chequered fitness-wise. With Sissoko out; how would you have felt about Winks/Skipp at CM every game. Like it or not, we wouldn't have got to the CL or qualified for top 4 without him.

The whole Gedson thing is being massively overplayed in some quarters.... He's a loan FFS.

Hey guys I hope you’re all well👍🏾

I wanted to do some scouting of my own and was hoping the link to the website that shows historical match highlights could be reposted.

Thanks in advance!

Ergo Sissoko played a shit-load last year and saved our neck in countless games.

This is - I'm going to be polite here - plain wrong.

Having a technically and mentally inept footballer in our midfield is one of (but not the only) the major reasons we were so fucking bad, unable to to move the ball from defence to attack, unable to press anymore or be pressed, and constantly using him there was one of (but far from the only) the reasons our magic manager got the tin tack.

We are arguing about the Gedson loan of all things now.

Also, I guess the transfer window is open now? Or what? I haven't seen anything about it and its a bit strange.

This is - I'm going to be polite here - plain wrong.

Having a technically and mentally inept footballer in our midfield is one of (but not the only) the major reasons we were so fucking bad, unable to to move the ball from defence to attack, unable to press anymore or be pressed, and constantly using him there was one of (but far from the only) the reasons our magic manager got the tin tack.

Dembele, Wanyama and Dier were all absent for various reasons, yet he's a major reason why our MF was fucked and overall gameplay was fucked. Gotcha.

You think binning MS and playing Skip for 2/3s of the season would have still seen us hit P4 & the CL final whilst partially rescuing our whole system of play.

You don't think either point is at all a stretch nor ridden with bias.

Ok Blakey....

Gedson on loan was fine, he had some pace and was another body when we were thin on the ground - but he has shown little in his time here. He has the first touch of sissoko and the passing ability of Lloris.
The question is has he done enough to remain here permanently - I'd say no.

Gedson was a totally unesseccary signing
We needed a ST , Kane got injured on the first week of that window and Levy failed to deliver one.
Shameful.
Three people have already disagreed with this, mate.

See what I've been up against these last 7 years!

If we'd gone into January with no fit goalkeepers, failed to sign one, and played Lucas Moura between the sticks for the rest of the season they'd still be trying to justify it.

Gedson will be an awesome signing when he matures and fills out a bit. Shows you undertsand fuck all about football.
Yes I know fuck all
Apart from a nice flick against Norwich he's done nothing that none of our other CM'S can do
Furthermore , we alreayd have too many CM'S
AND Finally his release clause is like £50m thats my big problem , why couldn't they agree a deal like that with another player like Florentino Luis who would've actually solved a problem in our squad

Back
Top Bottom