Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea have Werner. We have Kane. I know who I'd rather have of the two.

That’s not the point though really is it mate ? We have had Kane for years and we won fuck all. Not Kane’s fault, he’s an absolute superstar but we have never bought a striker to challenge him. We have Son, who is a makeshift wing forward, who occasionally plays there, but we have never had a proper 2nd striker of quality.

Fraser and Giroud on a free.

Werner and Ziyech.

Difference in player transfers. Difference in why Chelsea win trophies year on year out and Spurs win fuck all.

You do realise 3 /4 of those deals haven't been done don't you?

Btw, I know it won't fit your narrative, but Chelsea sold their star player last summer... Ours is still here.

That’s not the point though really is it mate ? We have had Kane for years and we won fuck all. Not Kane’s fault, he’s an absolute superstar but we have never bought a striker to challenge him. We have Son, who is a makeshift wing forward, who occasionally plays there, but we have never had a proper 2nd striker of quality.
That's bollocks though. Who's the 2nd striker of the Champions of Europe? Divock fucking Origi. Who is the 2nd striker of the most inform team of the moment, before and after the pause? Thomas Muller. The 2nd striker of Real is Luka Jovic. In fact, the only team that I can think of that has 2 World-Class strikers is PSG, and even there, one of them is leaving on a free at the end of the season (I don't count Inter since Lautaro Martinez isn't a typical number 9).

That's bollocks though. Who's the 2nd striker of the Champions of Europe? Divock fucking Origi. Who is the 2nd striker of the most inform team of the moment, before and after the pause? Thomas Muller. The 2nd striker of Real is Luka Jovic. In fact, the only team that I can think of that has 2 World-Class strikers is PSG, and even there, one of them is leaving on a free at the end of the season (I don't count Inter since Lautaro Martinez isn't a typical number 9).

Indeed.

United don't even have a main striker; just 2 x "makeshift wing forwards" as he keenly describes Son to be.

Chavs having Giroud as depth this season was being eagerly used as a stick to beat us with as recent as this January..... Now the idea of him coming here is deemed scandalous.

:mourcheeks:

Here we fucking go again

:mourfacepalm:

So tell me.... Why would TA come here to ride our bench instead of Chelseas... You said yourself; they win trophies, whilst we don't. Your narrative is your own undoing, you fool.

Christ; you're dumb. :mourfacepalm:

You'd bitch and moan regardless...

You're literally going out of your way to moan about transfers that haven't even happened.

When the club give us something to stop moaning about instead of watching all our rivals consistently win trophies and actually compete with them in the market , then I’ll stop moaning. You know full well Fraser and Giroud are the calibur of players we will be getting this summer, whilst Chelsea go for quality. Same shit, different year.

When the club give us something to stop moaning about instead of watching all our rivals consistently win trophies and actually compete with them in the market , then I’ll stop moaning.

You won't; you'll just find the next thing to moan about.... And the next thing.

You moaned through the fun-times in recent years.... You'd be no different.

You know full well Fraser and Giroud are the calibur of players we will be getting this summer, whilst Chelsea go for quality. Same shit, different year.

Last summer was the "same shit" was it?

You know what; whatever.... I dunno why you and the likes of John Thomas John Thomas bother.... You're interchangeable dullards.

Couldn’t agree more mate. Say what you want about the chavs, but they consistently win stuff and they spend the money on quality to prolong that winning mentality. It’s sickening every season we end up with fuck all and Chelsea tend to have maybe 1 or 2 baron seasons, then they are back to winning titles etc. Spurs never seem to buy the quality Chelsea do.
I wonder why ?

Couldn’t agree more mate. Say what you want about the chavs, but they consistently win stuff and they spend the money on quality to prolong that winning mentality. It’s sickening every season we end up with fuck all and Chelsea tend to have maybe 1 or 2 baron seasons, then they are back to winning titles etc. Spurs never seem to buy the quality Chelsea do.
And that is why spurs will win nothing while enic keep them in the black. ie the Mancs are in debt but they'll still spend 120m (Sancho?)on a single player.

Sadly, our ENIC business model is not about winning stuff - it's about maximising shareholder profits and the bald cunts annual bonus while keeping us in Top 4 CL contention by spending as little as possible - much like Gooners in the late 2000s. Least effort to gain maximum financial return. Disgraceful really

7 goals and 7 assists in 21 starts for Marcus Edwards this season.

How Poch managed to fuck that one up, I'll never know.
Yeah, in the mighty Portuguese league against part-time commercial farmers...

More than half of those teams are League 2 level at best - which is ironically his true level. Overhyped, little Twitter highlight

Last edited:
"Guaranteed"? ....Really?

Aside from his most recent; he's had a bad run of luck with impact injuries.

Like Llorente & Jansen got 25 games you mean?

Yeh, yeh... Jose.... But the way you're throwing absolutes around is silly.

Besides, did you ever consider they may guarantee TA all the cup games next year....? We meanwhile may not even be in Europe!

He has nothing to gain from moving here.
As I said in my original post, I don't think the move would happen anyway. Hardly going to spend £50m on a back up striker.

As for Kane guaranteed an injury, look over the last 4 seasons..

19/20FitnessMar 9, 2020Apr 1, 202023 days2
19/20Thigh muscle ruptureJan 2, 2020Mar 9, 202067 days14
19/20IllNov 1, 2019Nov 4, 20193 days1
18/19Ligament InjuryApr 10, 2019May 31, 201951 days9
18/19Torn Ankle LigamentJan 14, 2019Feb 23, 201940 days8
17/18Ankle InjuryMar 12, 2018Apr 1, 201820 days2
17/18Knee InjuryNov 6, 2017Nov 14, 20178 days-
17/18Hamstring InjuryOct 23, 2017Oct 30, 20177 days2
16/17Ankle InjuryMar 13, 2017Apr 6, 201724 days3
16/17Ankle InjurySep 19, 2016Nov 7, 201649 days11
13/14Back InjuryNov 11, 2013Dec 30, 201349 days

The furthest right column is games missed. If we had a genuine striker to come in, that could be a huge difference. We've been fortunate that Son has been able to fill in, and Llorente when we had him.

Last edited:
Sadly, our ENIC business model is not about winning stuff - it's about maximising shareholder profits and the bald cunts annual bonus while keeping us in Top 4 CL contention by spending as little as possible - much like Gooners in the late 2000s. Least effort to gain maximum financial return. Disgraceful really

Least effort? maximum financial return? There is a shiny new 1 billion pound stadium that took about 15 years of effort and won't return money for quite some time.

Its been about setting the club up for the next 20 years to be able to compete at the top level.

Nobody wants to be the next Leeds United.

Rough free transfer info from Transfermkt has these guys down as free transfers:

Thomas Meunier - RB
Willian - RW
Dries Mertens - CF
Edinson Cavani - CF
Ryan Fraser - LW
Malang Sarr - CB
Artem Dzyuba - CF
Layvin Kurzawa - LB
David Luiz - CB
David Silva - AM
Tanguy Kouassi - CB
Mario Gotze -AM
Benjamin Stambouli - CM
Pedro - RW
Jose Callejon - RW
Giacomo Bonaventura - CM
Adam Lallana - AM
Jeff Hendrick - CM
Daler Kuzyaev - CM
Janik Haberer - CM
John Lundstram - CM
Jose Luiz Palomino - CB
Cedric Soares -RB
Nathaniel Clyde - RB

Are there 4 from this group of freebies that can significantly strengthen us do we reckon? I think so
Why are we even looking at this list???????????
That's my problem , why are we sniffing free agents...
A couple of their names could be good backup ST's , thats about it

Players don't want to go to your club because of a swanky new stadium or nice training ground . They want to move to play at the highest level and make a name of themselves and SUCCESS.
Cheslea continue to play in a stadium that was maybe a couple of thousand seats larger than OLD WHL and are still successful.
Why did Levy seriously invest in this stadium , Chelsea didn't need to expand by 30,000 and they still remain successful. We were told the investment was to make us a big club , look at us we're as far away from success as we have been for 5 years , Levy left the squad stale and I doubt he'll be willing to rectify his mistakes in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom