Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bloody hell they’re coming up with some weird options around next year’s Scottish leagues.

I’m sure Barcelona and Real Madrid have fielded teams in the lower Spanish divisions at some point ?
I’m pretty sure Celtic and/or Rangers have suggested this before.

Don’t think it’s ever likely to happen really.

Don’t count on it: the rise in religious hatred in football culture where Muslims are the target group- especially on social media, is getting way out of control; there’s also a much noticed increased in English fans opting for Rangers as their favourite Scottish club, and that comes with all the catholic hating trapping that goes with it.

Don’t count on it: the rise in religious hatred in football culture where Muslims are the target group- especially on social media, is getting way out of control; there’s also a much noticed increased in English fans opting for Rangers as their favourite Scottish club, and that comes with all the catholic hating trapping that goes with it.
When I said it wasn’t likely to happen I was referring to Celtic and Rangers joining the English Leagues.

When I said it wasn’t likely to happen I was referring to Celtic and Rangers joining the English Leagues.

Ok, I misread and assumed you meant sectarianism couldn’t happen here. Celtic and Rangers - if their support doesn’t end the sectarian songs of hate - should be made to play at the bottom tier of Scottish football until they conform and if they don’t comply should be folded!

Ok, I misread and assumed you meant sectarianism couldn’t happen here. Celtic and Rangers - if their support doesn’t end the sectarian songs of hate - should be made to play at the bottom tier of Scottish football until they conform and if they don’t comply should be folded!
Hard to see the “atmosphere “ at a Celtic-Rangers game changing anytime soon.
Who knows, maybe it will happen some day.

Hard to see the “atmosphere “ at a Celtic-Rangers game changing anytime soon.
Who knows, maybe it will happen some day.

I’ve never been to an old firm game but plenty that have say it’s definitely not as bad today as it was between the mid 1970’s and the mid 1990’s so something positive must be happening. English football and it’s overt racism from the terraces during the same period has become almost nonexistent so unlike you I’m optimistic that it can happen in Scotland too.

But it has to be made to happen if necessary!

I’ve never been to an old firm game but plenty that have say it’s definitely not as bad today as it was between the mid 1970’s and the mid 1990’s so something positive must be happening. English football and it’s overt racism from the terraces during the same period has become almost nonexistent so unlike you I’m optimistic that it can happen in Scotland too.

But it has to be made to happen if necessary!
Rubbish, the Sectarian crap is as bad Today as it was when I started going to football in the 70's, they get fined bu UEFA every season for this rubbish, the Old scum and authorities try and cover it up and pretend it doesn't go on but believe me it does. You would not want these half wits anywhere near English football and you never will

Rubbish, the Sectarian crap is as bad Today as it was when I started going to football in the 70's, they get fined bu UEFA every season for this rubbish, the Old scum and authorities try and cover it up and pretend it doesn't go on but believe me it does. You would not want these half wits anywhere near English football and you never will

I didn’t say it doesn’t happen, I know it does and the verdict of those that go that I know, and they’ve been going since the 1970s and 80’s too, have told me it is not as bad as it was- not my opinion as I’ve never been.

And I know regular attendees from both sets Rangers and Celtic.

I didn’t say it doesn’t happen, I know it does and the verdict of those that go that I know, and they’ve been going since the 1970s and 80’s too, have told me it is not as bad as it was- not my opinion as I’ve never been.

And I know regular attendees from both sets Rangers and Celtic.
Yes and they would say that like they have been since time began, you don't have to go to the old scum to hear it, they tour the country with it, try walking up London road and see all the bars decked in either Union Jacks or Tri-colours and listen to the rubbish coming from inside it is ingrained in the West of Scotland mentality. If they were singing Racist songs like the sing sectarian songs they would have been shut down Years ago but the governments and football authotrities don't take this anywhere near as seriously as racism when it is just as bad

Why should Rangers & Celtic get straight into the Scottish league all be it I know the Scottish league is not what it used to be but they’ve still got teams in the highland & lowland leagues who have got really good set ups in terms of financially astute and strive to better themselves! The old firm when it suits them rock up wave cash about and get what they want it’s hardly fair is it? They should have to start at the bottom and work their way up same as everybody else. League reconstruction was knocked back twice Celtic who by what I’ve been told run Scottish football said no so that’s that but this proposal by Rangers has been apparently backed by Celtic so if they say yes then it will happen. Back to the original point all of the lower league non- league teams keep their house in order Hearts, Dundee(twice) Motherwell, Livingston and not to mention Rangers can’t say the same they all fucked up financially but because they are football teams they lived to fight another day in any other business the door would have shut remained so.......but I guess money talks

Scotland now has a pyramid under the leagues

league football is

Premier
Championship
League 1
League 2

Non league is

Tier 5 - Lowland League and Highland League
Tiers 6-8 are Lowland League feeders
West of Scotland, East of Scotland & South of Scotland

there is talk of a North feeder league coming in at tier 6 called the Northern Caledonian League

Back
Top Bottom