Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An interesting article:

Where do you lot think Bergwijn should play? From the evidence so far Jose has played him on the left wing in the 2 games that both him and Son started.. but Son is more comfortable there. What position do you think:

A) He should play in?
B) He will play in?
Not sure it's super useful to use past appearances/positions with these two since they onyl started together when Kane was out.

I like Berg a lot, but if everyone is fit our front 4 should be...

Lo Celso-Dele-Son
--------Kane---------

Obviously Berg should rotate in there as well.

Not sure it's super useful to use past appearances/positions with these two since they onyl started together when Kane was out.

I like Berg a lot, but if everyone is fit our front 4 should be...

Lo Celso-Dele-Son
--------Kane---------

Obviously Berg should rotate in there as well.

GLC is a #8 or a #10..... I don't see what it is that (some) peeps see in him that makes them want to shoe-horn him in as a wing/wide forward.

Alongside Lucas, Stevie & Sessengon already being on the books; the Frazier & Willian links suggest it unlikely that the club see it that way either.

I do agree GLC could be a very effective CM but I just think with our personnel I would deploy him more forward. Ndombele is ideally one of the two in our double pivot, and the real hole is the DM we badly need.

I do agree GLC could be a very effective CM but I just think with our personnel I would deploy him more forward. Ndombele is ideally one of the two in our double pivot, and the real hole is the DM we badly need.

It's not a personal theory on my part; his track record is a #8 or a #10.

You want to play him out wide. Question remains; why?

It's not a personal theory on my part; his track record is a #8 or a #10.

You want to play him out wide. Question remains; why?

Has played there for Argentina.

I'm not sure why anyone would want him to play outwide though. Maybe to cut in and cause problems? I'm not sure.

I just feel like it'd be a waste of his ability.

Future star - fast and can both score and create. Dutch stats would put him between Kane and Son in terms of productivity and ahead of Eriksen/Lamela/Dele and Moura....and so far 3 goals in his first 6 PL matches suggest he will have a decent combined goals and assists per game stats in PL too..

Can play left wing and right wing, so logically as Son prefers to play LW Bergwijn will be more likely to play RW, but if Kane is out, Son might play up top with Bergwijn playing LW...…..,or can also play up top like Son.

Good acquisition.

Best in the squad for delivery from out wide .
Has got the vision and technique to create chances, a great example was his cross to Son (header, save De Gea). It looks easy if it's done to perfection, but a lot of players would've fucked that up by either seeing it too late or by a poor pass, too high or behind Son etc.

Has got the vision and technique to create chances, a great example was his cross to Son (header, save De Gea). It looks easy if it's done to perfection, but a lot of players would've fucked that up by either seeing it too late or by a poor pass, too high or behind Son etc.

His crossing was mustard before the break too.

Back
Top Bottom