Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the end of the season he will be thinking that he made a big mistake coming to us.

I don't think so. He is good but he is no Eden Hazard for example. He is growing as a player and moving to Spurs and the PL from PSV is a big step up

I don't think so. He is good but he is no Eden Hazard for example. He is growing as a player and moving to Spurs and the PL from PSV is a big step up
He wants to play in the CL.
No surprise about that, sure we still have a chance but technically so does Palace. I don't think we'll make it, I love to be proved wrong.

He wants to play in the CL.
No surprise about that, sure we still have a chance but technically so does Palace. I don't think we'll make it, I love to be proved wrong.

He said the club needs to be in Europe, of course ideally the CL but at least in the EL. He is not going anywhere for a good while

He said the club needs to be in Europe, of course ideally the CL but at least in the EL. He is not going anywhere for a good while
The rumour is, only the top 7 will qualify for European competition. I don't think he'll be going anywhere but it's obvious to me that the owners will not do everything to help Mourinho get us back in the CL.

The rumour is, only the top 7 will qualify for European competition. I don't think he'll be going anywhere but it's obvious to me that the owners will not do everything to help Mourinho get us back in the CL.

Agree about the owners. If we don't get European football I think we need to worry more about Son or Kane wanting to leave than any of the other players

Agree about the owners. If we don't get European football I think we need to worry more about Son or Kane wanting to leave than any of the other players
Oh I'm sure they will want to leave as well particularly Kane. Mourinho will get the tin tack sometime next season. We'll probably find ourselves going down Lampard/ Arteta route which won't satisfy experienced players who are looking to win trophies with confidence.

Last edited:
Better technically and physically than Lucas, but there's more: he is also a very intelligent player. And to play on the same corridor as Aruier this is absolutely need. Today we saw an example. Aurier was in the middle of the defensive area, leaving a free player behind his back. Bergwijn was there. Tracking back and making the interception.

First team player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom