Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
One down lads, 7 more to go. 7 more wins and we’re in the CL next season. Also, I have a feeling Leicester are going to get brought down into the CL places race.

I still think dropping those points against Man U is going to cost us in this mini season we are now in. Win that and we are now on 47 and they are on 45. Plus they haven't lost for ages and need a defeat to dent confidence.

I'm usually pretty positive but I think we will fall just short and finish 6th by a point or two and we will look back on the man u game as the one that slipped away (also playing shit for the majority of the previous 29 games too!).

I still think dropping those points against Man U is going to cost us in this mini season we are now in. Win that and we are now on 47 and they are on 45. Plus they haven't lost for ages and need a defeat to dent confidence.

I'm usually pretty positive but I think we will fall just short and finish 6th by a point or two and we will look back on the man u game as the one that slipped away (also playing shit for the majority of the previous 29 games too!).

That's the true crux of it.... Given the circumstances that was a useful result vs Utd. Most said we'd lose before the game so that's 1 point gained and 2 points dropped for them.

That's the true crux of it.... Given the circumstances that was a useful result vs Utd. Most said we'd lose before the game so that's 1 point gained and 2 points dropped for them.

We'd definitely have lost if the game was in March, I fancied us Friday though. no defeats in the restart, cant complain about that. A clean sheet too, something, a bit like a win, that has felt elusive and so long since the last one.

We'd definitely have lost if the game was in March, I fancied us Friday though. no defeats in the restart, cant complain about that. A clean sheet too, something, a bit like a win, that has felt elusive and so long since the last one.

We’ve restarted pretty well results wise. 1 game extra played but a point behind the desired position/ places really keeps us with a lot to play for. One dodgy result for those ahead of us and it’s blown wide open.

Having not taken all the points against United last week, it's possible but unlikely we can qualify for CL this season. Best to do what we can to secure EL qualification and ensure that we have continental play to offer to potential signings and our existing stars this next season. Then, next season, we need to prioritize league play over our other comps and do what we can to qualify for CL again.

Don't forget that knocking our rivals out of CL spots hurts them incrementally each year we do it. Just look at where Woolwich are at right now and tell me several years of missing CL play hasn't hurt them greatly. We need to do what we can to avoid a similar fate. We've come a long way since Jol, Ramos and Redknapp, and I'll be crushed if we can't capitalize on that and slip back into mid-table mediocrity.

As MC won league cup 2 places available for Europa cup competition in league with possibility for a 3rd if FA cup won by team already qualified. Whether MC are banned or not I really cannot see us getting CL but Europa should be achievable. Having said that I am wondering if it will be better for MC to be allowed in Europe as it would deny either Chelsea or MU a position which would give me greater pleasure. Despite the Oil money MC are less hated than the other 2.

It would still be better to be in it obviously, but of all the years to miss out, this is probably the least bad one. Depending on what happens with C-19, we might not actually get to see any games, which would also mean less revenue for the club. There will also be less transfers than usual this summer, so we are less likely to miss out on someone due to not being in the CL, and probably also less likely to lose players i.e. H.

I'm not sure how the TV money for CL works but if it is based on viewing figures, I feel as though people may get bored of no-fans football after a while. So viewing figures next year may be well down for all competitions including the CL, affecting revenue even more.

I think next season may end up being the more important one to qualify for CL, as I sincerely hope football will be returning to something approaching what it used to be by the start of 21/22 season. As for EL qualification, I feel no enthusiasm for it at all this year, as my main desire to be in it is for the away games, especially going to weird places like Baku in order to follow Spurs. If you take that away then it's just long and diverts from the other competitions.

If C-19 goes better or worse than what I am expecting (and to be honest who the fuck knows what will happen), it would have different ramifications.

Honestly, I think if we do get into CL position it's because we somehow over take Leicester. Looking at the remaining matches I think they do have the toughest schedule however they are 10 points ahead of us... We just need to concentrate on winning every game and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom