Ratings - West Ham (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to take the opposition into account surely? That West Ham team are beyond awful mate. We looked solidish defensively and you could see the shape he had us in, but other than that it's hard to pick out anything else positive about how we played.
Just my opinion, of course.
No world class performances. We beat a not very good team with a couple of their best players missing.

Have to take the opposition into account surely? That West Ham team are beyond awful mate. We looked solidish defensively and you could see the shape he had us in, but other than that it's hard to pick out anything else positive about how we played.
Just my opinion, of course.

Your opinion and entitled to it, I just don’t see how a 2-0 win warrants a 5/10 for the gaffer but each person has a view and is entitled to it pal

Hugo -7 - Decent
Aurier - 6 - Good energy, shit going forward
Dav - 5 - okay but erratic as always
Dier - 7 - solid, looks in best shape in years
Davies - 5 - average
Sissoko - 6 - good stamina, good effort, offers nothing else
Lo Celso - 8 - best on the pitch, top top player
Lucas - 5 - quiet game, should have scored
Dele - 5 - offered very little
Son - 6 - decent, looked to make things happen
Kane - 7 - big improvement, should have had 3 or 4

Subs:
Lamela - 4 - classic Lamela, ran about doing nothing, should have scored
Bergwijn - 5 - offered slightly more than Lucas but was afforded more space
Winks - N/A

Mourinho - 5 - meh.

Tough crowd....

Lamela played a massive hand in Kane's goal and alongside his typical effort and energy linked up well for a few other attacks. Why on earthe should he get less that Stevie & Dele?

Davies was just as steady and reliable as Hugo or Dier were (similarly graded less that Sissoko too who you suggest offers nothing of note.)... He's not being played as a wing-back so shouldn't be down-graded as if he is.

Lloris - 6 - couple of stops, no fuck ups. par score.

Aurier - 6 - Not a bad game really, no bonkers moments. Got himself into some great positions, shame he couldn't be just a bit more composed.

Sanchez - 6 - Defensively OK, not extensively tested, but his distribution leaves a lot to be desired. Not helped when one of the blokes in midfield just keeps hiding and pointing for him to hump the ball.

Dier - 6 - Like Sanchez, not overly tested, but decent enough game.

Davies - 6.5 - I thought he had a pretty good game, had a bit more to deal with his side defensively and did it pretty well, saw more of the ball than Aurier too, and him finally joining in the attack gave us much better balance, and is one of the things that ultimately helped us pull West Ham about a bit more.

Sissoko - 5 - When we are well on top of opponents that just sit back, and all a player needs is a wall to bounce a ball back off, he has some kind use, but even then he manages to bounce it the wrong way sometimes. Spent most of the first half hiding and pointing Sanchez to hoof it. We can't keep playing with one footballer in midfield, especially when it's only a 2 man midfield.

Lo Celso - 8 - At times seemed like he was having to do his job, Sissoko's job and Alli's job. 94 passes, 88%, should have had a couple of assists. Very good game.

Son - 6 - Very little sympathy with his disallowed goal. Just keep yourself onside. Had a chance to play Alli clean through in the first half by just paying a simple two yard pass, too difficult. Some bright moments, some less so.

Alli - 5 - He tried hard, played a couple of nice passes, but too many good moves die at his feet, it's incredibly frustrating. We can't keep playing a system to accommodate him in such a pivotal position. Change the system or get a better, more technically competent player into that position.

Moura - 6 - Terrible waste not to hit the target with the best chance of the first half, and there was a lot of the usual Moura pin ball, but he did play a couple of really good passes to get Aurier in behind the FB.

Kane - 6 - The goal bumps him up a point and a half, because lets be honest, prior the goal, it was another very frustrating night, which involved him trundling down blind alleys and into West Ham defender's legs.

Bergwijn - 6 - did OK when he came on.

Lamela - 6.5 - extra half mark for his role in the second goal where his tenacity and composure initiated the break, as ever the rest of what he did was high on endeavour, not always as high on composed outcome.

Edit
Upped Son to a 6, that was the pass to Kane for the second.

Last edited:
Tough crowd....

Lamela played a massive hand in Kane's goal and alongside his typical effort and energy linked up well for a few other attacks. Why on earthe should he get less that Stevie & Dele?

Davies was just as steady and reliable as Hugo or Dier were (similarly graded less that Sissoko too who you suggest offers nothing of note.)... He's not being played as a wing-back so shouldn't be down-graded as if he is.

Don’t forget Jose with a 5/10 for putting out a team that kept a clean sheet and won by two goals. Never an easy thing in the PL regardless of what people may say or think about it but hey, that’s just my opinion on the ratings.

Aurier - 6 - Not a bad game really, no bananas moments. Got himself into some great positions, shame he couldn't be just a bit more composed.

Sanchez - 6 - Defensively OK, not extensively tested, but his distribution leaves a lot to be desired. Not helped when one of the blokes in midfield just keeps hiding and pointing for him to hump the ball.

Davies - 6.5 - I thought he had a pretty good game, had a bit more to deal with his side defensively and did it pretty well, saw more of the ball than Aurier too, and him finally joining in the attack gave us much better balance, and is one of the things that ultimately helped us pull West Ham about a bit more.

Sissoko - 5 - When we are well on top of opponents that just sit back, and all a player needs is a wall to bounce a ball back off, he has some kind use, but even then he manages to bounce it the wrong way sometimes. Spent most of the first half hiding and pointing Sanchez to hoof it. We can't keep playing with one footballer in midfield, especially when it's only a 2 man midfield.

Lo Celso - 8 - At times seemed like he was having to do his job, Sissoko's job and Alli's job. 94 passes, 88%, should have had a couple of assists. Very good game.

Son - 5.5 - Very little sympathy with his disallowed goal. Just keep yourself onside. Had a chance to play Alli clean through in the first half by just paying a simple two yard pass, too difficult. Some bright moments, some less so.

Alli - 5 - He tried hard, played a couple of nice passes, but too many good moves die at his feet, it's incredibly frustrating. We can't keep playing a system to accommodate him in such a pivotal position. Change the system or get a better, more technically competent player into that position.

Moura - 6 - Terrible waste not to hit the target with the best chance of the first half, and there was a lot of the usual Moura pin ball, but he did play a couple of really good passes to get Aurier in behind the FB.

Kane - 6 - The goal bumps him up a point and a half, because lets be honest, prior the goal, it was another very frustrating night, which involved him trundling down blind alleys and into West Ham defender's legs.

Lamela - 6.5 - extra half mark for his role in the second goal where his tenacity and composure initiated the break, as ever the rest of what he did was high on endeavour, not always as high on composed outcome.

Winks - 6 - Did OK when he came on.

Winksy came on on the 86th minute and gets 1 more out of 10 than Sissoko and the same as Sanchez, Aurier and Dier? Fascinating as I agree with most of your ratings bar a few curveballs.

Winksy came on on the 86th minute and gets 1 more out of 10 than Sissoko and the same as Sanchez, Aurier and Dier? Fascinating as I agree with most of your ratings bar a few curveballs.

Don't get too hung up on the number - it's just an arbitrary par mark - he did nothing wrong and nothing particularly great, so I kind of start at 6 for everyone and if they do OK they stay par, don't do great below par, do great above par. Winks didn't contribute more to the game than any of those, he contributed less, but he didn't do anything wrong so I didn't dock him any marks.

This is why I never usually do numbers, just descriptions, because marks out 10 are so volatile - a forward could touch the ball 15 times but if he scores has he earned a higher mark than a Cm who's worked his nuts off for 90 minutes, passed the ball 60 times, pressed tackled etc ?

If it makes you feel better I'll take Winks out completely.

Aurier - 6 - Not a bad game really, no bananas moments. Got himself into some great positions, shame he couldn't be just a bit more composed.

Son - 5.5 - Very little sympathy with his disallowed goal. Just keep yourself onside. Had a chance to play Alli clean through in the first half by just paying a simple two yard pass, too difficult. Some bright moments, some less so.

Whenever I see you match report/scores I always go straight to Sissoko :mourhandlaugh:

I'm not a big Lamela fan but he really made a diff when he came on.
Sissoko was the guy that won us the game. He bossed it.
GLC is not doing it for me. Dele and Son tried but failed.
Davies was really, really good.
Eric Dier is a CB. Big contract for him, please.
Dav was good. There, I said it!
Aurier was really, really good.... except for when he presented a massive unnecessary chance to WHU..grrr
Did Lloris have a save to make?
Sir Harry.....fantastic..

Edit: I have 4 funnies ..which is better than having 4 fannies, I suppose.

GLC is not doing it for you? Really? He always looks positive, set up Son’s offside goal, set up Harry with a fantastic chance, took some good corners including the one that lead to the goal, showed great skill at times and made Noble look like a mug. What’s not to like?

Stadium Atmosphere - 8/10. I thought we kept the singing going really well throughout. Best I've heard in 12 months.

Really enjoyed the game and I wouldn't give any player less than 7/10 and Lloris considerably more (based on the last 2 games).

Excellent team selection/strategy from Mourinho. We looked like the team I love to watch. His faith in Dier's new hairdo is being repayed.

Dele's Lame Mexican Moustache? Can't decide if it's a 2/10 or a 1/10.

I am just ecstatic that Bloody Moyes came to play football this year, unlike last year's corresponding fixture. Thank God he didn't learn from that strategy.

Stopped a certain goal in the first half by tracking their midfield runner into the box.

Lloris - 7 (Solid , no mistakes and good disribution)
Aurier - 7 (Lots of attacking moves where he put in some decent balls , just needs to stop being over-confident)
Sanchez - 7 (Solid)
Dier - 8 ( Looks like he'll be a leader of the backline)
Davies - 7 (Again much better from him and he also got forward , should've had an assist)
Sissoko - 5 (Not good in a game where your trying to break down the opponent , he did his duties ok but lost the ball or rushed the passing move too many times)
Lo Celso - 9 (Fantastic)
Moura - 5 ( Some good pressing and ball recoveries but his decision making is piss poor)
Dele - 3 ( I saw nothing from him , sorry)
Son - 6 (Assist , should've had a goal and bright but not back at his best yet)
Kane - 7 ( Goal and was getting into much better positions , even if he had 1 big miss today its good that he got into that position)

Subs :
Lamela - 7 , much better than Dele in that role bringing others into play and doing some great pressing. Lamela is a fantastic bench option but he needs to be available to be on the bench
Bergwijn - 6 , not much time but looked good , Moura shouldn't start over him.
Winks - 5, Not much to say , did his job.

Overall mostly good performances but the attack didn't do too good , Starting Bergwijn/Lamela and letting everyone just get that rust out of them will surely get them better scores soon.

Tough crowd....

Yeah fair enough I have revised my decision and given Lamela a 5 and Davies a 6. I just think us constantly praising the likes of Davies and Lamela, two players who reached their peak many, many years ago and who I genuinely believe woudlnt get near any of the other top 6 teams (bar Arse obviously) for “being solid” and “putting a shift in” is somewhat counterproductive. Particularly when they’re both players who I believe could be easily upgraded for a relatively affordable price.
They’re the type of players who just typify the “settling for mediocrity” mentality that has engulfed Spurs for years.

Yeah fair enough I have revised my decision and given Lamela a 5 and Davies a 6. I just think us constantly praising the likes of Davies and Lamela, two players who reached their peak many, many years ago and who I genuinely believe woudlnt get near any of the other top 6 teams (bar Arse obviously) for “being solid” and “putting a shift in” is somewhat counterproductive. Particularly when they’re both players who I believe could be easily upgraded for a relatively affordable price.
They’re the type of players who just typify the “settling for mediocrity” mentality that has engulfed Spurs for years.

Touche....

These are match ratings though, not general squad analysis.

Maestro

images

Back
Top Bottom