Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The love in is upon us....... Top story on every BBC News update (surely there's more important news out there). Sky Sports News may as well be called Liverpool TV for the next couple of days.

Could be worse....... Imagine if you're an Everton fan in Liverpool this morning.

:dierno:

They showed how ambitious clubs go out and make it happen.
They deserve their moment .
The Media praise success , we got it for the stadium but football is what it's about.
They have great owners who understand the main thing the footballing side .

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be utterly pissed off
Chelsea played very well against City and I've not seen a team have so many goal scoring opportunities v them for a very long time. Yet listening to BT Sport I had actually forgotten Chelsea were even playing. Not really any analysis of the game , and all the fancams were Liverpool fans. Unacceptable.

The Media praise success , we got it for the stadium but football is what it's about.
This is very true, I'm afraid.
Up until 2018 Poch had us regularly finishing above them.
They then backed their manager, properly, while our owners spent the summer swanning round the States sewing up NFL deals.

The rest is history, guys. Accept it.

If there's anything more cringeworthy than the inevitable sucking of the scouse cock by the media, it's the refusal of our own fans to accept the part we played in allowing it to happen.

They earned their success. We reap what we sow.

They’ve been a big-spending ‘ambitious club’ for years...? Not sure you can argue that this is down to just that...a bit of ‘stars-aligning’ with getting lucky on transfers, manager and everyone else being a bit shit. We were all laughing when they spent £35m on Carroll and had Dalglish (not to mention Hodgson) as manager. Also, when they had to sell Keane back to us.

Much bigger role of good-fortune: how many times have they played badly (UCL final, for one) but then the other team has been even worse?

yes, scouting and buying could be improved: but remember that Klopp was not doing great in Germany when he moved,VVD was playing for Saintsand unproven at the higher level.
Not sure ‘Pool winning the title can be used as a stick to beat our owners with (or else can also be for every other team that didn’t win the title?)

anyway, time for a media blackout and god-only-knows how Sky will spin the commentary to be about the dippers against SU...but I’m sure they will.

Sky doesn't support the dippers or manure. Those teams are just who the main bulk of their audience is made up from. They support ratings. I feel that when the plastic born again dippers get bored then it will return full swing back to manure.

I think every club should point out media bias against their club as a standard. They are absolutely shameless and deserve to be called out.
By Sky supporting various teams, it is the fact that the people in a position of influence in football and make the decisions are linked to Woolwich, Chelsea, MU or Liverpool. Who agreed that it was fair to employ 3 ex MU players for the match against us? Also they decide who is on TV when and those teams are on more even if not in top 4 and get the best slots rather than have to play a couple of days after their last match.

This is very true, I'm afraid.
Up until 2018 Poch had us regularly finishing above them.
They then backed their manager, properly, while our owners spent the summer swanning round the States sewing up NFL deals.

The rest is history, guys. Accept it.

If there's anything more cringeworthy than the inevitable sucking of the scouse cock by the media, it's the refusal of our own fans to accept the part we played in allowing it to happen.

They earned their success. We reap what we sow.
Look I suppose it's what is important to owners, Liverpool have been obsessed for years with being champions again and they have done it.
They backed their manager not lobbed second rate players onto them in the hope that it might save a shilling.
Funny thing is when I look at Liverpool's team such as the midfield, nothing really jumps out at me that says outstanding but he has done well in forging a side.
We had our chance last year but never showed for it, and now they are European, world and EPL champions in a year, we would be wanking ourselves silly if that was us, sadly this will never happen at our club the reality check and expectations have been lowered for me.

I think you're confusing it with the Hokey-Cockey!!

The sucking up to Klopp on BBC is shameful... apparently, Klopp ‘meticulously plans his training’. Wow. How unusual...I’d be proper fucked off if I was a manager for another team: the implication being I just make shit up day in day out and don’t give a fuck about the team winning.
You’d think he’d invented football. FFS

The government have warned that there will be shortage of asterisks after Liverpool won the premier league last night. They have limited the number of asterisks to two in any newspaper article containing the words Liverpool and PL Champions 2019-20.

Well as a club we are in it then out so in effect we are doing the hokey cokey.
I'll set 'em up... you knock 'em down!!
The sucking up to Klopp on BBC is shameful... apparently, Klopp ‘meticulously plans his training’. Wow. How unusual...I’d be proper fucked off if I was a manager for another team: the implication being I just make shit up day in day out and don’t give a fuck about the team winning.
Don't knock it, it works for some!!:harrysmile:

....and when was meticulous planning, spreadaheets and Power Point presentations a guarantee of success? :avbcringe:

Mate you should hear/read some of the shit about how Liverpool are analytical gods and they've got their success through their genius statistical analysis. I am sure they'll release a 'Moneyball 2' film and have it based on fucking Liverpool FC. Oh and they also invented the high-press defensive system and the 4-3-3 formation those absolute radicalists.

Fucking bore off the lot of them.

On the same night...

Mostly black community have a party in the park:
Video: Hundreds pack out Streatham Common ignoring social distancing | Daily Mail Online

Liverpool fans pack the streets after title win:
Anfield a moment in time as Liverpool fans celebrate title party

(both are wrong imo, but the "magical title win" gets a pass, of course it does)
The difference being Liverpool fans social distanced 'where possible' but then stayed all night and cleaned up - unlike Bournemouth visitors !!!

The difference being Liverpool fans social distanced 'where possible' but then stayed all night and cleaned up - unlike Bournemouth visitors !!!

We get it. You're a dipper. You have literally every TV channel and newspaper sucking you off right now. Why stink up this place?

And it is the residents left to clean up the fucking mess. Then again, I suppose it were the police who made the mess.

Back
Top Bottom