Lessons to be learnt from Liverpool winning the title?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone think/believe that Liverpool winning the title (and the ridiculous notion that anything can be learnt from it) will even register on ENIC's radar? Or will the search for the ultimate glory that is a perfect balance sheet just go inexorably onwards?

Fair point. With the likes of Jan, Foyth and Danny likely all gone, a major upgrade is required defensively. LoCelso might be a replacement for Eriksen but with the bust that is Ndombele likely also out the door, then more steel is required in the midfield to assist Sissoko. And that doesn't even include the most glaring omission - and the starkest example of Levy's total negligence and incompetence in the transfer market - and that is the ongoing lack of an alternative (or possibly even complimentary) senior central striking option to Harry. Now with the excuse of COVID-19, Levy won't be making any of those necessary additions and upgrades.

Match scheduling will be almost as perfect as can be. Diving is allowed when trying to win a penalty or foul. (even if blatantly cheating)as is dangerous tackling (no suspensions for on & off field poor behaviour) if you are popular and part of the FA plans. The balance will massively go in your favour with officials. The media will lick your arse (justify any decision to benefit you) and publicly blow you and ignore anything that could undermine your team and fans.
PS The media will also viciously attack your competition and thoroughly put them under the microscope over trivial incidents, just to deflect pressure away from their favoured and anointed..you!

Last edited:
Hit 100% of your transfers in about 4 consecutive windows with analytics and smart scouting that removes the responsibility from the manager and puts the onus on the organization to acquire talent.

It's pretty obvious that we should have pushed on a couple years back when we were heads and shoulders above Liverpool if we wanted to remain a title contender. Although I understand why we didn't as the stadium was being built and it wouldn't have made sense for them financially.

I think Liverpool have been very lucky that their big investments have all paid off - we've invested a lot of money on flops over the years where they have had a hell of a lot of hits.

We need a top quality right back, left back, centre back, central defensive midfielder and centre forward (who can alternate with Kane and play alongside if appropriate) whilst retaining the players that they would replace as squad depth. That's £200m straight off the bat.

I just don't think Levy/ENIC will ever drop the £200m(ish) net in a transfer window that is needed to take us to the next level. I find their stance surprising given the fact that they've gone through all the effort of creating arguably the best football stadium in the world along with arguably the best training facilities in the world - it doesn't match up. Maybe their model will change in the next few years once they've had a few seasons of increased ticket sales/our brand has spread further etc. Or maybe they're banking on someone coming along and paying an insane amount of money to buy the club.

I'd love for us to push on a bit in the transfer market but can deeply appreciate how much they have done for the club. We're future proof thanks to their investments over the last decade.

For all Liverpool’s attacking talent it’s their defence that has really made the difference.

they have some of the best talent and rarely change the formula. we can’t even decide who to put where and have been putting square pegs in round holes

For all Liverpool’s attacking talent it’s their defence that has really made the difference.

they have some of the best talent and rarely change the formula. we can’t even decide who to put where and have been putting square pegs in round holes
Also stayed virtually injury-free for 2 seasons - some of our lads often get done carrying the groceries at home - inexplicable

Last edited:
Is that Daniel there? The thought of actually TRYING to achieve success must be truly terrifying for you!
You obviously haven't been on here for very long, have you? My post was supposedly sarky and maybe funny?
At this moment in time, I'm having a difficult time with handling the coverage that they are going to get, and just their name is enough to cause the heckles to rise. I still haven't got over our failure to get going in the CL final against them, and the fact that they have gone on to better things is just rubbing salt in the wounds.
I know I'm being an ostrich but my way of dealing with is not to watch the news or buy a newspaper for the next month or so, hopefully by then, it will have died down a bit!

You obviously haven't been on here for very long, have you? My post was supposedly sarky and maybe funny?
At this moment in time, I'm having a difficult time with handling the coverage that they are going to get, and just their name is enough to cause the heckles to rise. I still haven't got over our failure to get going in the CL final against them, and the fact that they have gone on to better things is just rubbing salt in the wounds.
I know I'm being an ostrich but my way of dealing with is not to watch the news or buy a newspaper for the next month or so, hopefully by then, it will have died down a bit!
Unfortunately Mrs. P, I fear the worst will be next season when all commentators mention it 3 times a match even when Liverpool aren't playing.

Back
Top Bottom