Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's pretty obvious how great a coach he is when it comes to organizing a defense. When he finally got an extend chance to work with the team we come out looking like a well drilled defensive unit, something we haven't looked like for ages. We've conceded 0 goals from open play and only 1 soft penalty.

I think once we get the defensive side sorted he will work on the attack. He said something along the lines of them doing more attacking work yesterday. It’s going to take time to piece all the bits together.

We do look better. You can see the team taking shape. I just hope he gets the backing we need in the transfer window as he can't work miracles.

Finding the defensive players he wants should be doable. But how will he shape the attack? I think we still miss a player who can make those defense splitting passes and chip in with goals. Bruno Fernandes was supposed to be the guy to replace Eriksen - imagine Son/Fernandes/Bergwijn behind Kane. But I don't think we've got the money now to get someone of that quality.

So does he want to integrate Ndombele, repurposed as a number 10, or in a 433? If so, that's not looking great at the moment. Or try to cash in and use that money to buy? Or perhaps there's a different way, like Liverpool, who've shown that you can win without an attacking centre mid? Anyway, with Mourinho I do feel he will have thought these things through. There will be a plan. And it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

We do look better. You can see the team taking shape. I just hope he gets the backing we need in the transfer window as he can't work miracles.

Finding the defensive players he wants should be doable. But how will he shape the attack? I think we still miss a player who can make those defense splitting passes and chip in with goals. Bruno Fernandes was supposed to be the guy to replace Eriksen - imagine Son/Fernandes/Bergwijn behind Kane. But I don't think we've got the money now to get someone of that quality.

So does he want to integrate Ndombele, repurposed as a number 10, or in a 433? If so, that's not looking great at the moment. Or try to cash in and use that money to buy? Or perhaps there's a different way, like Liverpool, who've shown that you can win without an attacking centre mid? Anyway, with Mourinho I do feel he will have thought these things through. There will be a plan. And it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Were pursued 3 MFs... We bought 3 of the 2....

Honestly, the mere mention of this cunts name thoroughly grinds my gears at this point.... He's taking on mythical proportions amongst our fans and he's not even our player.... There's an endless stream of players like him; it's no big deal.

Were pursued 3 MFs... We bought 3 of the 2....

Honestly, the mere mention of this cunts name thoroughly grinds my gears at this point.... He's taking on mythical proportions amongst our fans and he's not even our player.... There's an endless stream of players like him; it's no big deal.
I don't think there is an endless stream actually. Not at the required level. Can you name a few we could realistically buy?

I don't think there is an endless stream actually. Not at the required level.

I'm talking over recent times.... Football has spewed out an "endless stream" of AMs over the last 10/15 years; it's what most kids want to be.

Can you name a few we could realistically buy?

Realistically both GLC & Ndombele have the ability to play there, so that's two for starters.

People still moan about BF & Grealish... How many of the fuckers do hey honestly think we can accommodate in one XI?

Kane has been out every season through jury, we've more than coped, in fact we've found solutions whilst he was out and we went on winning streaks each time!

"A knife to a gunfight,"? I wager you had never heard of more than 80% of their team before we were drawn against them.

Before Kane was injured, we were playing shit under Jose. We played shit against Utd with Kane playing on Friday.

I think Bergwijn's great too, for the record Jose has confirmed that he didn't sign him.

So presumably Levy signed him but surely he received advice from someone?

Man Utd coach Kieran McKenna lifts lid on Jose Mourinho's management methods

Manchester United coach Kieran McKenna has lifted the lid on Jose Mourinho during his time at the club.
The Special One was sacked by Ed Woodward back in December 2018 following a shoddy series of results

It was during his third season in charge, a period where he won the FA Cup and Europa League.

However, Mourinho has not been remembered fondly by United fans, who grew tired of his defensive football and reported problems behind the scenes.

There was a well-documented spat with Paul Pogba, while other players have been rumoured to grumble about the Portuguese coach's methods.

But one staff member has been full of praise for the ex- Chelsea manager in the shape of McKenna.

The 34-year-old was a youth coach during Mourinho's time at the club and did not have a bad word to say about his former boss.

He said: "He's an absolutely top manager in a lot of different ways.

"A very intelligent man. A fantastic communicator across different languages and it would be impossible to not pick things up from someone like him

"I think probably one of the biggest insights that I gained was just seeing the levels of organisation around both his training process and his match preparation.

"Within the training process the level of periodisation with the training blocks, the process behind his design of training practices, the small details within the session and the transition between the practices and the flow of work and the delegation and clarity of duties from different staff within and around the session were all organised to a really high level and a higher level than I had experienced before.

"Around the match preparation just seeing how he went from that process of study in the opposition and identifying things from within them to then turning it into training practices.

"And then the analysis side of it and how that was broken down and filtered into the players and what they would need to know."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has since taken over at United after impressing in interim charge.

And the Norweigan has elevated McKenna to assistant manager, alongside Michael Carrick.

Solskjaer's time at the club has hardly been a complete success story.

But there are signs that the Red Devils are working towards being where they want to be.

Last edited:
Man Utd coach Kieran McKenna lifts lid on Jose Mourinho's management methods

Manchester United coach Kieran McKenna has lifted the lid on Jose Mourinho during his time at the club.
The Special One was sacked by Ed Woodward back in December 2018 following a shoddy series of results

It was during his third season in charge, a period where he won the FA Cup and Europa League.

However, Mourinho has not been remembered fondly by United fans, who grew tired of his defensive football and reported problems behind the scenes.

There was a well-documented spat with Paul Pogba, while other players have been rumoured to grumble about the Portuguese coach's methods.

But one staff member has been full of praise for the ex- Chelsea manager in the shape of McKenna.

The 34-year-old was a youth coach during Mourinho's time at the club and did not have a bad word to say about his former boss.

He said: "He's an absolutely top manager in a lot of different ways.

"A very intelligent man. A fantastic communicator across different languages and it would be impossible to not pick things up from someone like him

"I think probably one of the biggest insights that I gained was just seeing the levels of organisation around both his training process and his match preparation.

"Within the training process the level of periodisation with the training blocks, the process behind his design of training practices, the small details within the session and the transition between the practices and the flow of work and the delegation and clarity of duties from different staff within and around the session were all organised to a really high level and a higher level than I had experienced before.

"Around the match preparation just seeing how he went from that process of study in the opposition and identifying things from within them to then turning it into training practices.

"And then the analysis side of it and how that was broken down and filtered into the players and what they would need to know."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has since taken over at United after impressing in interim charge.

And the Norweigan has elevated McKenna to assistant manager, alongside Michael Carrick.

Solskjaer's time at the club has hardly been a complete success story.

But there are signs that the Red Devils are working towards being where they want to be.
Knew Kieran quite well when he was still playing and he is a brilliant guy, hope he comes back at some point and would put a large amount of faith in his opinion. As a youth player he was very mature and intelligent compared to most.

As it stood: Poch's last game:

1Liverpool111631
2Leicester122126
3Chelsea121026
4Man City112425
5Sheff Utd12417
6Woolwich12-117
7Bournemouth12016
8Brighton11015
9Burnley12-115
10Crystal Palace12-615
11Newcastle12-715
12Tottenham12114

PPG 1.16

1Liverpool314986
2Man City314463
3Leicester313055
4Chelsea311454
5Wolves321152
6Man Utd311749
7Tottenham31945

PPG 1.45

Jose's PPG : 31 points in 19 games PPG:1.63

Chelsea PPG 1.74
Wolves PPG: 1.62
Utd PPG: 1.58
In other words, we're less bad, but still nowhere remotely close to good enough. 1.63 over a season is just 62 points which would still be our lowest total in years and has no chance of getting 4th.

In other words, we're less bad, but still nowhere remotely close to good enough. 1.63 over a season is just 62 points which would still be our lowest total in years and has no chance of getting 4th.
JM's PPG is more than Ole's and Santo's. I don't think any United or Wolves fans want their manager gone.
Next season his PPG will be much more.

'Genius'.

.......And that's exactly how we ended up with Ndomebele isn't it. :mourloopy:
Was anyone else interested in him?
I'm not trying to cause any aggro mate, but can you give us a list of transfer targets where we've beaten off competition to secure the deal?
I'd be genuinely interested to see what you come up with, because it seems to me that unless Levy gets a clear run, he'll swiftly move on to choice #2 or choice #3 etc.

JM's PPG is more than Ole's and Santo's. I don't think any United or Wolves fans want their manager gone.

With important players out injured too. Solskjaer has had Pogba and rashford out, Santo hasn’t had any injuries. Obviously we always get them and they effect Poch’s results too without a shadow of a doubt. But comparing Mourinho to the others, I think he’s done well.

The only complaints I have are the games against the bigger teams where we sat back far too much. But we were son and glc misses against Liverpool and a dier foul away from winning both games. And the disappointing results against Chelsea.

I think the next 3 games are a big test. Sheff Utd will be desperate to turn their form around and will have their best defenders back, Everton play a similar style to us but I think we should beat them and then Woolwich after less rest than them after their previous game. If we come through those unbeaten then I think I’ll believe we’ve turned a proper corner.

"Slightly better than Wolves" certainly is not an achievement. I hope he gets better after his first season, but that isn't Jose's normal trajectory...

Was anyone else interested in him?
I'm not trying to cause any aggro mate, but can you give us a list of transfer targets where we've beaten off competition to secure the deal?
I'd be genuinely interested to see what you come up with, because it seems to me that unless Levy gets a clear run, he'll swiftly move on to choice #2 or choice #3 etc.

Your question is irrelevant to my post.

Point was plain and simple: We didn't buy Ndombele because he was the cheapest option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom