Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How either of them thought summer 2018 was at all acceptable is beyond me. As soon as it was realised Poch couldn’t get his first choices de ligt and de jong, he should of taken the next option. Like how all clubs operate. Once we couldn’t get Grealish, we should of got the next on the list. Like how all clubs operate.

Pure madness.
Our credibility amongst other clubs was shot through after that pure embarrassing and amatuer.

Totally agree, everyone involved - the board,the coaching team, the players - have to take responsibility for our failure to capture a trophy. At our best, there were few players that I thought that would improve our team, but we just couldn't get over the line. We didn't have the killer instinct.
We still don't under ENIC & levy. & no sign of things changing.

To be honest , here's another excuse the ENIC sympathisers want to use , all our events are cancelled so no income. Well...

Yeah. ENIC would have spent all that money on great big signings. But spending big doesn't equal success so its good we didn't. It's how you spend, not how much. & who do you drop? You buy a top LB, but then how do you keep ben davies happy?

I feel personally a bit sick at seeing Liverpool lift that trophy ....Fucking should of been us .
Why oh why didn't we push on from that 2016/17 squad , We were absolutely flying , playing some devastating attacking football and great to watch , Yeah we messed the league up but that was the point maybe where we should of strengthened up and also got rid of sub players ?
I understand you have to adapt your style to the opponent sometimes , But just big name even if to show intent , I don't know , Just my opinion .
Never been a fan of Enic if I'm honest ..

Thing is Stevee, when it was being built loads were saying it's what we needed to be able to compete for the top players.
And now the very same people are using it as an excuse for why we can't!
On the other hand John, it will double (or there abouts) our revenue allowing us to close the revenue gap on other teams. Which in turn will allow us to spend more on players and wages.

In the last 5 years our net spend has been more than the Dippers. We have been unable to compete in wages due to our relatively low revenues.

It was a year late, which meant that we couldn't put the debt into long term bonds, which severely hampered our spending at that time.

We've spent over £130m (over £180m if you include new contracts, agents fees etc) on players in 1 year.
The problem is that money was spent in the wrong areas.

I do think a lot of it is down to Levy and Co, but I also think the club from the top through to the bottom are so weak mentally. I honestly don’t think the club or the team ever thought we would win that final against Liverpool. It’s been this way everytime we get to a final or Semi final, the team completely freezes. Until we get that monkey off our backs, I can’t see it ever ending. Ultimate failures we really are.

On the other hand John, it will double (or there abouts) our revenue allowing us to close the revenue gap on other teams. Which in turn will allow us to spend more on players and wages.

In the last 5 years our net spend has been more than the Dippers. We have been unable to compete in wages due to our relatively low revenues.

It was a year late, which meant that we couldn't put the debt into long term bonds, which severely hampered our spending at that time.

We've spent over £130m (over £180m if you include new contracts, agents fees etc) on players in 1 year.
The problem is that money was spent in the wrong areas.
The reason we don't pay the wages is nothing to do with low revenue it's down to levy and enic. Wake up

I do think a lot of it is down to Levy and Co, but I also think the club from the top through to the bottom are so weak mentally. I honestly don’t think the club or the team ever thought we would win that final against Liverpool. It’s been this way everytime we get to a final or Semi final, the team completely freezes. Until we get that monkey off our backs, I can’t see it ever ending. Ultimate failures we really are.
A mickey mouse penalty, not long after kick off and other ridiculous decisions throughout that final were major factors at play.

A mickey mouse penalty, not long after kick off and other ridiculous decisions throughout that final were major factors at play.

we always make excuses mate. Why is it always us that are so hard done by? Maybe we are just the ultimate losers and need to face the facts, our team freezes whenever it presents itself with a chance to win something

Would rather kept the lane without the tourist and half & half scarves.

Why would anyone other than a nine year old want a frigging half and half round their neck?

How many of these would sell 🧐

Tottenham v Islington
Millwall v West Ham
Rangers v. Celtic

Do the odd away aim always on the brewers for the home games. I won't go as it's shit now and full of people like you in a sterile atmosphere

Atmosphere’s too sanitised for me too, and has been for many years.. occasionally went in the bricklayers last couple seasons but tend to do the odd away game getting over priced tickets online as I’ve not renewed my membership for a while.
European champions final I watched in the bricklayers - I can’t get my head round going in the stadium to watch the television when a pub with a good atmosphere is right outside and is free to get in 🍺🍺

we always make excuses mate. Why is it always us that are so hard done by? Maybe we are just the ultimate losers and need to face the facts, our team freezes whenever it presents itself with a chance to win something
You said that before, but it doesn't change the fact how were treated in the final and i'm guessing you know it wouldn't have happened against the usual suspects.

I'm not making excuses for Eriksen etc for not turning up.

You said that before, but it doesn't change the fact how were treated in the final and i'm guessing you know it wouldn't have happened against the usual suspects.

I'm not making excuses for Eriksen etc for not turning up.

The usual suspects wouldn’t of conceded a pen in the 1st minute of CL final mate because they are not ultimate failures like us.

Back
Top Bottom