Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just doesn’t feel the same though.
No fans, a three month lay off, no open top bus, no celebrations whatsoever.
Just a squad jumping around in an empty stadium.......gonna have a real Sunday League feel about the whole thing.

The Twitter Trophy.

This year is Corona and nothing else will ever be talked about. It’s the year 500,000 people died in a pandemic, not the year Liverpool were good.

I’d hate to win the win PL like this.
They can rack up all the highlights and goals etc from pre March all they like but the fact is no one actually remembers the “awesome “ Liverpool performance against (insert team).....

Feels like a highlights reel from ten years ago.

Absolutely right, it’s like winning a beauty contest on the titanic

Football was already shown up for what it is before Covid, the highlight since coming back hasn’t been the football, but Roy Keane’s De Gea rant from an era when players cared about their side not their clothing line. The product is no good, the fans couldn’t be less linked to their clubs and players especially now the stadiums are empty.

As for Liverpool thank god for once Chelsea used their evil powers for good and made a muted celebration even quieter by making sure Liverpool won the title at home.

The media are Liverpool lovers but right now their onslaught is more to do with trying to reignite footballs relevance when the population has been presented with some genuinely serious issues in 2020, all of a sudden whether or not to bring on Firminho is not the do or die decision it was 3.5 months ago. It doesn’t matter.

February we were all dreading this day, now we all have bigger problems, I couldn’t care less

Absolutely right, it’s like winning a beauty contest on the titanic

Football was already shown up for what it is before Covid, the highlight since coming back hasn’t been the football, but Roy Keane’s De Gea rant from an era when players cared about their side not their clothing line. The product is no good, the fans couldn’t be less linked to their clubs and players especially now the stadiums are empty.

As for Liverpool thank god for once Chelsea used their evil powers for good and made a muted celebration even quieter by making sure Liverpool won the title at home.

The media are Liverpool lovers but right now their onslaught is more to do with trying to reignite footballs relevance when the population has been presented with some genuinely serious issues in 2020, all of a sudden whether or not to bring on Firminho is not the do or die decision it was 3.5 months ago. It doesn’t matter.

February we were all dreading this day, now we all have bigger problems, I couldn’t care less

Excellent post.

I think football will probably rebound, it always does but at the moment i couldn't be more apathetic to it if i tried. In addition, the days of it being 'non-political' are long gone.

I am REALLY struggling to build any enthusiasm for the game. I am secretly hoping that next season doesn't start until late in the year so i don't have to make a decsion about renewing my ST.

Last edited:
Some would say that was the answer. I am not so sure Pochettino has the template of success as of yet.
He had a good team/squad to work with at one stage, should have at least won a cup. But we were ahead of Liverpool for a long while, their chairman backed the manager for that final push, need a top level defender? You got it. Need a top level goalie? You got it.
We'll never know what could have happened had he been backed like that.
Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.
Yes I know we had the stadium to pay for...blah..blah...blah.

He had a good team/squad to work with at one stage, should have at least won a cup. But we were ahead of Liverpool for a long while, their chairman backed the manager for that final push, need a top level defender? You got it. Need a top level goalie? You got it.

And now we’re in a position where we’ll likely struggle to get a CL spot in the near future.

Back to half assed attempts at the Europa

Try to think positive - at least Liverpool are out of the Champions League and, to a lesser extent, the FA Cup.
It could actually be worse, as bad as it is.

Excellent post.

I think football will probably rebound, it always does but at the moment i couldn't be more apathetic to it if i tried. In addition, the days of it being 'non-political' are long gone.

I am REALLY struggling to build any enthusiasm for the game. I am secretly hoping that next season doesn't start until late in the year so i don't have to make a decsion about renewing my ST.
I couldn't even get excited about our game against the beasts from the east last week.If i can't get going for that one,then most other games,in fact all,apart from the shit up the road wont get a look in.

They're beyond unbearable when they win, but you calling it the COVID league or anything like that is so small time it's ridiculous. Acting like we wouldn't wanna win the league this year because of this that or the other is just drivel, I want to win everything every fucking year.

Excellent post.

Same here and nothing to do with us being dogshit I’ve watched both our games since the restart and although my feelings for Tottenham Hotspur will never wane irrespective who’s there who’s in charge whatever the buzz wasn’t there , these past two months have put plenty of things into perspective and though I thought I’d never say it “there are more important things in life than football”

Sold Coutinho to make it happen...and no guarantee...imagine the scenes if we’d sold Kane? Can’t tell half-a-story.

D663055-E-0-AFE-48-F7-85-E5-D54-A8-BD2-A040.jpg

Why is this shite on the site?

Back
Top Bottom