Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was listening to an ESPN pod yesterday. Natalie Gedra (Brazilian reporter) said Gabriel is actually a wide player. Was never aware of that.

O RLY?

If we are shopping in Lille, we shouldn't come home without their LCB, Gabriel. He is a fucking monster.
I have my eye on Lille's Gabriel. He is a beast. Everton said to be in pole position. £30m.

I hope Mourinho leaves in the summer.
I am very disappointed because Gabriel is said to have passed Everton's medical and he can go there for €30m. He has interest from one other PL club (Leicester). He has not yet made a decision.

I think he is an animal. Phenomenal athlete. So strong, quick, great leap. He won't let you get turned. Covers the width of the pitch. Fully in control of his limbs.
I rate Gabriel.
Gabriel would walk into our starting 11, IMO. I think we are up shit creek for CBs.

So many good players with 1 year left on their current deals , that Tottenham should be going for
Of ones I've seen us linked with
-Hojberg
-Milik
-Castagne
-Eze

Any of those players would improve us...
Yes...all 4 please 👍 especially Eze, who’s young, English and has bags of potential. And as your implying is this not Levy’s thing...driving other clubs into the ground with ridiculous offers for players with short term deals remaining ! It’s either that or it’s the out of contract 11 we need to be looking at this summer

Adil Aouchiche

TF1 reported yesterday that 17-year-old midfielder Adil Aouchiche has decided to leave PSG.

A meeting is due to be held about the teenager’s situation by Sporting Director Leonardo this week, but it appears that this event will be a purely symbolic one. After undergoing a medical with St Étienne despite not yet signing with them, Aouchiche’s agents and the teenager have honed in on a number of projects that they are still considering for his future destination, when his contract with Les Parisiens expires at the end of the month.

RMC Sport that Leonardo has been making grand gestures to get the teen to remain with the club, even going as far as to say that the Frenchman could have Julian Draxler’s place in the first team next season. A last gasp move to try to get the player’s attention, seemingly to no avail.

Players on a free from tomorrow (off the top of my head)

Ryan Fraser
Jordan Ibe
Jermain Defoe
Jeff Hendrick
Cocu Martina
Angel Gomes
Nathan Clyne
Joe Hart
Edinson Cavani
Thiago Silva

Players on a free from tomorrow (off the top of my head)

Ryan Fraser
Jordan Ibe
Jermain Defoe
Jeff Hendrick
Cocu Martina
Angel Gomes
Nathan Clyne
Joe Hart
Edinson Cavani
Thiago Silva
Defoe has had a deal set up with Rangers for when his Bournemouth deal expires for ages.

Silva has signed a short term deal over the rest of the CL season with PSG as well.

Maybe realize it's different Gabriels before making an ass of yourself
Gabriel Jesus is never a natural centre forward though.

Confusing enough if you first name a player we're not even linked with who has the same first name as a current target from the same country. Also surprising that someone with such an interest in young talented players wouldn't have described Gabriel Jesus as a winger when that's where he played in Brazil and was mentioned in practically every report when City signed him.

Last edited:
Wasn't that Ferguson kid from West Brom supposed to be a stud?

Seems like a no brainer to bring him in, especially because he's on a free.

Haven't heard many rumors about him lately.

And we wonder why our kids want to leave.

What's wrong with Cirkin?
Likewise, what's wrong with competition? If Cirkin is good enough he's got nothing to fear. And surely we want the best player for the first team. These kids know they aren't owed anything. It's tougher at Chelsea and they're not experiencing an exodus.

Likewise, what's wrong with competition? If Cirkin is good enough he's got nothing to fear. And surely we want the best player for the first team. These kids know they aren't owed anything. It's tougher at Chelsea and they're not experiencing an exodus.

We've had young players leave for less.

Plus on this very page - we've got clips of Lamptey, who LEFT Chelsea to get games.

Back
Top Bottom