Anyone else wish they could get an antibody test to see if they caught Covid-19 at the Norwich FA Cup game?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think you caught Covid-19 at the Norwich FA Cup game on 4th March?

• Total voters
Hey everyone,

Does anyone else think they could have caught Covid-19 at the FA Cup game against Norwich on 4th March? It’s really bugging me, and wish the government would start rolling out antibody tests for the general public. I’m a postman, and don’t know whether I should still be worrying so much about catching it or not! 🙈

I would like to know - up until April I was travelling on the tube everyday into London.

1st 2 weeks of April I was sick as hell and had many of the symptoms and a sore throat which was the worst ever - I was gargling with aspirin to help soothe it.

However I didn't have a temperature?? Which gives me doubts that I had it. However the rest of the family was also ill and the kids had very high temperatures for a couple of days.

Would just like to know for sure.

When I see plonkers like Ian Botham come out with the 'I had it back in January, my symptoms were just like flu but I'm pretty sure looking back it was covid' then I'm thinking, nah you plonker, that was flu.

On the other hand, when I had 3 days of flu-like symptoms (but without the cough), in May, I'm pretty sure I had I (and I went and got tested for it but they lost the results). So I don't know........

When I see plonkers like Ian Botham come out with the 'I had it back in January, my symptoms were just like flu but I'm pretty sure looking back it was covid' then I'm thinking, nah you plonker, that was flu.

On the other hand, when I had 3 days of flu-like symptoms (but without the cough), in May, I'm pretty sure I had I (and I went and got tested for it but they lost the results). So I don't know........
I looked on a forum about people thinking they'd had it and thinking about getting tested - it was a thread similar to this with people sure that they'd had Covid and were doing the blood tests by post.

I would say of the 30 or so people who were sure they had it and paid for a test, out of all the tests only about 4 out of the 30 actually tested positive.

So I think there's a lot of people thinking they've definitely had it but in fact just had a nasty cold etc.

(OK I admit it - the forum was mumsnet........ It was what came back top when I googled covid testing - desperate times and all that......)

:mourbye:

I looked on a forum about people thinking they'd had it and thinking about getting tested - it was a thread similar to this with people sure that they'd had Covid and were doing the blood tests by post.

I would say of the 30 or so people who were sure they had it and paid for a test, out of all the tests only about 4 out of the 30 actually tested positive.

So I think there's a lot of people thinking they've definitely had it but in fact just had a nasty cold etc.

(OK I admit it - the forum was mumsnet........ It was what came back top when I googled covid testing - desperate times and all that......)

:mourbye:
Mumsnet??

So you ended up looking up a post titled "I have Covid-19 should I still rim my boyfriend"??

Nah you plonker, that was the flu.

Last edited:
I would like to know - up until April I was travelling on the tube everyday into London.

1st 2 weeks of April I was sick as hell and had many of the symptoms and a sore throat which was the worst ever - I was gargling with aspirin to help soothe it.

However I didn't have a temperature?? Which gives me doubts that I had it. However the rest of the family was also ill and the kids had very high temperatures for a couple of days.

My partner had it in March as she was on stage in a London theater. She has had a blood test confirm the antibodies. She was in bed for a month zero underlying health conditions. Mate she never once had a temperature over 37.3 That you did not spike a fever is moot. You may well have had it. It's almost irrelevant where you caught it. But she paid for the test at a clinic it was not cheap.

My partner had it in March as she was on stage in a London theater. She has had a blood test confirm the antibodies. She was in bed for a month zero underlying health conditions. Mate she never once had a temperature over 37.3 That you did not spike a fever is moot. You may well have had it. It's almost irrelevant where you caught it. But she paid for the test at a clinic it was not cheap.
Good to know - I was ill for about 2 to 3 weeks and then still felt off for another couple of weeks.

I just assumed it couldn't be it as I didn't have a temperature (although both kids did) - wife was also ill but again no temperature.

It would be great to at least know whether we had it but I'm not going in to London for a clinic and the postal tests have mixed reliability.

Until they role out the Abbot and Roche test for the masses I can't see how I can get tested.

4 of us went that evening. One got it very badly, but I've asked the question and he's pretty sure he got it a wedding just before lockdown.

btw this guy's health apart from this has been about as good as you can get. He's 62 and has never missed a day at work. I also knew him at school, he said he was ill one day and that was it. He refers to his bout of it as the Black Death, and says he's not joking.

Mind you with that health record he's not got much to compare it with.

imo many of us won't know we've had it. Loss of taste and smell seems a very good indicator and should have been included in the app from day one.

Anti-bodies can last as little as 2 months in some people, so you may not be immune regardless of if you contracted it, you may have just built up a better resistance. It unfortunately doesn't change much either way.

My son is a paramedic with the LAS. He somehow got through the whole period without getting any symptoms at all despite dealing with loads of people with symptoms who (probably) had it and travelling on the tube every day. He had the antibody test last week and it was positive.

So symptoms (or lack of them) basically mean nothing and a positive test doesn't mean that you are immune or if so for how long. And a negative test doesn't mean that you wouldn't have been positive last week or won't be next week.

So the bottom line is you still wouldn't know for sure even if you had the test.

My son is a paramedic with the LAS. He somehow got through the whole period without getting any symptoms at all despite dealing with loads of people with symptoms who (probably) had it and travelling on the tube every day. He had the antibody test last week and it was positive.

So symptoms (or lack of them) basically mean nothing and a positive test doesn't mean that you are immune or if so for how long. And a negative test doesn't mean that you wouldn't have been positive last week or won't be next week.

So the bottom line is you still wouldn't know for sure even if you had the test.
Does he still have to take just as much precaution knowing that he's had it now as he did before?

If you've had it and had mild symptoms, would it mean that at the very least you have built up some resistance? Or that if you got it again, it would effect you in the same way it did before?

Back
Top Bottom