Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"He's no closer to winning the CL than he was at Leyton Orient"

This after literally playing a CL final last season. But it's fine, we've had a shit season so let everyone have their pound of flesh. Next season we will be a different animal.
I'm going to assume the quote is accurate because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm giving the Guardian a click.

But fuck me what an irritating axe to grind right now. I was rather hoping the Liverpool love-in might shut them up on other topics like this. Apparently not.

4452240-6193445-image-m-94_1537536195960.jpg

Nuno's none too impressed

#PMOCM
fVOPnXd.jpg

WTF TLD? In this era of BLM I would expect a little more understanding on your part. You can't say the H-word anymore you savage. As ArcspacE ArcspacE Bazali Bazali and a few other SPLC-notables would like us to know WLM too. Henceforth it is melanin-deficient or melanin-underprivileged FFS. Get with the program. See "the Riots" in off topic for more direction, if needed. /s

Pouring one out for my fallen brother in the struggle SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur

For me Kane is not a striker who wants to be bished and bashed about, he's not like costa or Drogba,
so either Jose changes his style or I think Harry will leave

For me Kane is not a striker who wants to be bished and bashed about, he's not like costa or Drogba,
so either Jose changes his style or I think Harry will leave
Could you blame him? Mid table dross no Europe and playing a style that doesn’t suit him irrespective of how he feels about Tottenham he will if that’s the scenario want to move it would be career suicide.

at the start of the season i expected Harry to leave this summer, but the way the season went i hoped he would stay next year, but now if i was him I would sit down with Levy & jose see who was coming in and if no action early in the window i would be off

LEAGUE
AppsGoalsGoals per game
GREAVES3212200.68536
SMITH2711760.64945
KANE2011380.68657
ALL GAMES
AppsGoals
GREAVES3792660.70185
SMITH3172080.65615
KANE2811830.65125

He has actually been below par for a while now but he deserves better than the mess around him

Would not blame him if he wanted to get out ASAP

Genuinely worried for the summer now.

Worst thing is he’s the best striker of a generation who loves Spurs, and we’ve squandered him

I think the best thing we have going is this could be a poor summer for him to move with the Covid effect plus I am not sure where he would go.

Maybe Real are ready to move on from Benzema but they seem fixated on Mbappe. I can't see bayern with Lewandowski. PSG seem to be set with their guys but are always willing to spend. Does Barcelona ever play with a guy like Kane.

As for EPL teams, Liverpool is out, are City going to move Aguero or have him and Kane and be able to fix their defense? United seems to always be the boogeyman team out there but I am not sure they are a fit or really that appealing to Harry unless he thinks his addition gets them to the City/Liverpool level.

And yet some idiots on here wanna sell him, make out he's past it, etc. Makes me sick.
Fact is, if we don't shape up next season I won't blame him for wanting out.

Lloris
New RB
New CB
Dier
New LB
New DM
Lo Celso
New CM
Son
Bergwijn
Kane

This is the level required to ensure his loyalty doesn’t go to waste. Stick Gazzaniga, Aurier, Tanganga, Sanchez, Davies, Winks in the second string, fill the rest of the squad with youngsters from the academy, take a chance with injuries to ride the financial wave of it all and flog the rest. Harsh on some, don’t care they’ve been Spurs players long enough and for me don’t add enough to justify blocking out spaces in a small squad for new opportunities.

12 kept, that’s pretty ridiculous ain’t it when you consider how close we were to the upper tier of it all barely a season or two ago.

Lloris
New RB
New CB
Dier
New LB
New DM
Lo Celso
New CM
Son
Bergwijn
Kane

This is the level required to ensure his loyalty doesn’t go to waste. Stick Gazzaniga, Aurier, Tanganga, Sanchez, Davies, Winks in the second string, fill the rest of the squad with youngsters from the academy, take a chance with injuries to ride the financial wave of it all and flog the rest. Harsh on some, don’t care they’ve been Spurs players long enough and for me don’t add enough to justify blocking out spaces in a small squad for new opportunities.

12 kept, that’s pretty ridiculous ain’t it when you consider how close we were to the upper tier of it all barely a season or two ago.
Honestly wouldn't disagree with too much of that. Omissions of Ali / Ndombele in your list? I'd sell Aurier - want him gone even as backup. Full backs, DM, CB, and striker back-up a must. Lamela keep maybe...I'd keep Lucas but only as a sub
Massive recruitment needed or Kane's loyalty will be tested

I would much rather get rid of Mourinho than get rid of kane and Ndombele because "they don't fit into his tactics".

That's like saying you'd rather get rid of your penthouse suite with water view at 4000 sqft without parking than get rid of your 20 year old car because it got you laid 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom