Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies does nothing better than Rose and a lot of things much worse.

I am not saying the Rose is great, he certainly is not and I am glad he is gone but Davies is a Championship level talent. I don't mind having him on the team for depth as a 3 LB and emergency CB and a guy that can play in early round League Cup matches or dead rubbers in Europe because he seems like a nice guy but having him playing in EPL games shows the real lack of talent we have on our squad now.

Ben is a nice guy and gives 100% , looks after himself and doesn’t cause any problems
Great attitude but I have to agree he is a squad player at best for us

Davies is steady as she goes. Knows his duties inside out, very rarely lets you down defensively but also doesn't add much attacking flair. His passing from the back actually is quite decent mind you, just because he doesn't run 20m before lumping it doesn't mean he is less effective in the build up.

Very unlikely to get a shite performance from him, but also very unlikely to get a world class performance from him.

With that said we have so many other players and positions we should concern ourselves with before this guy. Nowhere near a problem for Spurs.

Watched an Alistair Gold video on YouTube to hear what he had to say about Ndombele as he was at the game.

I found his thoughts on Ben really interesting, didn't know this about him. Now that there's no crowd noise it's much easier to hear the players interactions. He claims that Davies is a proper leader, constantly shouting orders, organises the shit out of everyone around him and shouts encouragement throughout the game. Every team needs a player like that. It raises the game of the players around them.

Ben isn't flashy and keeps his head down so I think he's easier to overlook than some other players - but he is undoubtedly solid and the whole defensive unit seems to have improved thanks to Jose. Hopefully he continues to improve as his leadership/cheerleading role is massively important.

He can see the situation clearer than anyone.

Just awful.

Seemed more concerned with taking the knee

The more I see that clip the more I think WTF was he thinking

A few others weren’t so clever either but really

I won’t fault his defending, lots of times he’s hung out to dry from his teammates (mostly Son) not being able to probably mark their man.

That said, he’s awful going forward, ball on Davies feet in the opponents half results in a misplaced pass or a cross hitting the first/second man.

I won’t fault his defending, lots of times he’s hung out to dry from his teammates (mostly Son) not being able to probably mark their man.

That said, he’s awful going forward, ball on Davies feet in the opponents half results in a misplaced pass or a cross hitting the first/second man.

Ben was straight up bad today, especially for the second goal, but Son's "defense" was fucking miserable. He left him high and dry time and time again.

Back
Top Bottom