Now that the CL is gone, is it better for us to miss out on the EL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that the CL is gone. Do you want us to qualify for the Europa League?

• Yes, Europa league is worth qualifying for and trying to win

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • No, Europa league will hinder our chances of getting back into the Top 4

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Don't care as long as we finish above Woolwich this season

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters
This reply confirms you’re a troll beyond all reasonably doubt, possibly even an ENIC paid one considering you literally post on here 7 days a week e every 5-10 mins - attacking and abusing anyone who dares to question those greedy snakes.

‘Profits before silverware’ - you should probably tattoo that somewhere, mate

My retort didn't allude to ENIC other than to say that they play a part in our ups and downs; yet you come back with that fantastical drivel???

Really? :roll: ...That's you in a nutshell.

Meanwhile back in the real world: your replies(s) simply re-affirm you're unwilling/incapable of engaging with people on the basis of what they actually type and opt instead to peddle false-narrative or childishly poke others with 'sticks' instead.

If we are not in the Europa it will damage our European chances for years. The points system will mean we get nil points for next season and when we get back in the CL could end up in pot 3 and struggle against 2 good teams from Pot 1 & 2. We must qualify for knock out stages and I have more trust in Jose to get that right than Poch who might play too many youngsters. Now after SU result Europa league position is far from certain.
Keep taking the tablets. Calm down, calm down........

My retort didn't allude to ENIC other than to say that they play a part in our ups and downs; yet you come back with that fantastical drivel???

Really? :roll: ...That's you in a nutshell.

Meanwhile back in the real world: your replies(s) simply re-affirm you're unwilling/incapable of engaging with people on the basis of what they actually type and opt to simply peddle false-narrative or childishly poke others with 'sticks' and instead.
The irony here is beyond delicious ..

Well, as I said earier - I want us to play and win the EL. If that makes me a cunt in your book of righteous ENIC drivel - trust me, I’m quite ok with it.

The irony here is beyond delicious ..

You have no sense of it fella, so don't bother reaching.....

Well, as I said earier - I want us to play and win the EL. If that makes me a cunt in your book of righteous ENIC drivel - trust me, I’m quite ok with it.

As per my original reply; that wasn't the aspect of your post I called you out on.... (Why would I? I want the same!) ....In your own words in another thread "deal with" it (and by that I mean actually; not bullshit me and play weasel for another handful of posts)....

You have no sense of it fella, so don't bother reaching.....

As per my original reply; that wasn't the aspect of your post I called you out on.... (Why would I? I want the same!) ....In your own words in another thread "deal with" it (and by that I mean actually; not bullshit me and play weasel for another handful of posts)....
So you called me out for slating ENIC’s ambition - got it

Well, that’s me ended then

Airfixx Airfixx . We're now reduced to scrapping it out with the likes of Burnley and Sheff Utd for a Thursday night Europa League place. With a strong possibility of missing out even on this meagre consolation.
Do you hold ENIC in general, and Levy in particular, at least partially responsible for this dramatic downfall?
Don't want an essay in reply, or one of your famous cheap jibes.

Just a plain yes or no will be fine.

Airfixx Airfixx . We're now reduced to scrapping it out with the likes of Burnley and Sheff Utd for a Thursday night Europa League place. With a strong possibility of missing out even on this meagre consolation.
Do you hold ENIC in general, and Levy in particular, at least partially responsible for this dramatic downfall?

Lol - the disagree

If we are not in the Europa it will damage our European chances for years. The points system will mean we get nil points for next season and when we get back in the CL could end up in pot 3 and struggle against 2 good teams from Pot 1 & 2. We must qualify for knock out stages and I have more trust in Jose to get that right than Poch who might play too many youngsters. Now after SU result Europa league position is far from certain.
Jose took the fa cup seriously and the CL this season and managed us to a selection of awful defeats. I don't see anything to give me faith he'll conjour up any cup form

Come on Airfixx Airfixx - simple YES or NO

It seems the pair of you are equally as blind or willfully stupid as each other. 🙄

From numerous posts ago:

Of course they play a part; they run the club....

Now, your turn now ArcspacE ArcspacE .....

Care to quantify your paranoid delusions about brainwashing fans? ....And how that which you were implying was the virtual opposite of the current concensus regarding who wants what?

How about you @JohnThomas

Still waiting for evidence of embezzlement and a growing fleet of yachts.

Naaaah...... Weaseling incoming.

Jokers the pair of ya.

Last edited:
Lol - the disagree

I disagree with the ignorant sentiment that JT is bringing to the table... My perogative..... He should have read my post properly before jumping into the fray.

You think that posting sarcastic 'funnys' is somehow any more virtuous? Clueless....

Care to quantify your paranoid delusions about brainwashing fans? ....And how what you were implying was the virtual opposite of the current concensus regarding who wants what?
What does that even mean in English?

No need to get personally abusive - no shame if you’re on ENIC’s payroll - we all gotta eat, bro

Europa should be avoided at all costs, we simply don't have the squad depth to play in Azerbaijan on Thursday night and then Newcastle away at 12 noon on a Sunday. Fans don't want to watch it.

I get the argument for another opportunity to win something however we spent year after year getting as far as the quarter finals and then faltering to a team that had benefited from a winter break. I think the year we broke into the Champions League is the year we didn't have Europa League to play in. It just isn't worth it IMO.

It seems the pair of you are equally as blind or willfully stupid as each other. 🙄
From numerous posts ago:
Now, your turn now ArcspacE ArcspacE .....
Care to quantify your paranoid delusions about brainwashing fans? ....And how what you were implying was the virtual opposite of the current concensus regarding who wants what?
How about you @JohnThomas
Still waiting for evidence of embezzlement and a growing fleet of yachts.
Naaaah...... Weaseling incoming.
Jokers the pair of ya.
Yes or No?

My opinion is that the Europa League is an absolute killer with the Thursday-Sunday schedule.
Now that the Champions League is done I think it would be an absolute blessing in disguise to miss out on the Europa League as well.
I think we will have more chance of getting back into that top 4 without Europa League distraction.

that's my opinion what do you good people think?
I think you need to swap round the Yes and No in the poll

Back
Top Bottom