Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just don't get it.

Are other clubs fans as negative as our lot?
I don't mind differing opinions but some of these guys don't even allow people to put a positive spin on things. What's the point in coming here with that attitude? Gooner trolls/sociopaths is my guess.

You can imagine them sitting at the end of the bar, talking to anyone who's ordering a drink. They're desperately trying not to make eye-contact, but now this tosser is grabbing their arm and really insisting he knows the truth about whassitfingy and the schermississnessifciation stuff.

Get t'fuck with ya.

Son, Moura, Berwijn & Sess all ahead of him. He could not get starts on loan. His career is in trouble. Cannot see a good outcome. Go on loan and why will next season be any better, stay at Spurs and not break through or leave and end up at a much lesser club.

Some comments from a QPR forum about his sub appearance on Saturday:

"Our 2 potential superstars BOS and Eze were very poor, with Ezes reluctance to move his #### costing us the first goal, today Eze really should have been dragged off for lack of effort, Jack Clarke produced more in 10 minutes than Eze did in 90.
20 million, on his last 5 or 6 games u must be joking.

We are short of options however Clarke’s 10 minute cameo gives me hope, put in 2 fabulous crossed that deserved to be buried."

"Clark did look good for the 10 he was on. Looked comfortable and able to dribble past defenders, also put in a few good balls. Will be interesting to see him play for longer, could add an extra attacking threat coming from the left."

Sounds familiar

Could've bought Dybala's image rights

This is the biggest waste of £10m ever , he can't even start for championship sides what hope do we have?
Everything that I've read on him says he has a bad attitude and that he doesn't put in enough effort

When your young and there's no effort , you know there's a problem

First mention I've seen of such a figure.....

Still, he allegedly didn't want to move so was asking crazy wages (350kpw) which seemed to put all clubs off and he remained at Juve like he wanted.

Personally I'd have preferred a DM rather than Dybala anyway.....

Last edited:
First mention I've seen of such a figure.....

Still, he allegedly didn't want to move so was asking crazy wages (350kpw) which seemed to put all clubs off and remained at Juve like he wanted.

Personally I'd have preferred a DM rather than Dybala anyway.....
Personally I'd have preferred anyone over Jack Clarke
Seriously what a waste of £10m..

I'm more than happy to see the club roll the dice on a few cheap, young players here and there...

Some won't work out.

No big deal imo.
It is when they won't spend that extra bit of money to push the deals forward for top class players
Eg. we were only £10-15m off Bruno Fernandes' valuation what would be better.

Bruno fernandes and No Clarke
or Clarke...

It is when they won't spend that extra bit of money to push the deals forward for top class players
Eg. we were only £10-15m off Bruno Fernandes' valuation what would be better.

Bruno fernandes and No Clarke
or Clarke...

It really doesn't work that way though....

It's simply the case that if a club doesn't think a players is worth what is being asked they move on to another target.

(It seemed to be the case that his parent club were keen to cling onto him a little more in the summer and finally let go in Jan, but which time we'd already done 100m on Ndombele & GLC.)

Why can't our Academy turn out a prospect as good as him without spending £10 million?
We were the go to place for young talent around London a few years ago, not so much now it seems.

It's a fair question, but lets be honest with ourselves we (you or I) don't really know how good or otherwise he is (or can be); only that based on raw talent alone he can't break in to a team whilst on loan...

Why can't our Academy turn out a prospect as good as him without spending £10 million?
We were the go to place for young talent around London a few years ago, not so much now it seems.

Don't forget that the Academy produced Marcus Edwards, but we never gave him a proper chance before offloading him to Vitoria and now we’re linked with a 9m move for him.

Don't forget that the Academy produced Marcus Edwards, but we never gave him a proper chance before offloading him to Vitoria.
Woolwich and Chelsea seem to shit out decent prospects these days yet we don't

We need to work on our youth recruitment, if we aren't going to spend money, how can we afford to also have worse youth recruitment and development than our closest regional rivals? We share catchment area, yet perform worse. Terrible again.

Back
Top Bottom