Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed by Ornstein now.

Agreed lots of reports that Alfie Devine has both passed medical and signed contract.

Contract registration cant take place until 27 July (think the TW opening date is the first date of registration) and not sure if club will announce a youngster joining anyway so fully expecting us to first here of him in some update about the academy.

Good signing though - now a deep lying footballer, likes a tackle etc, but not that long ago was a centre forward. Will be one of the best player in that year group which already has Hackett (CB/LB), Scarlett (striker) and Mathurin (winger) and as probably the top 3 picks, and a few other decent players too. At Wigan Devine was already starting to play u23's so may be interesting how long he stays playing in Spurs u18's.

I'll be honest-not fussed about Edwards, Onomah etc.
Maybe CCV is someone to refresh our opinion about?

I just don't see CCV ever making the grade for a club challenging for a CL place in the Prem. He's a good athlete, but he's just not good enough on the ball. Davinson gets slated for being poor on the ball, and he's miles better than CCV is.

I just don't see CCV ever making the grade for a club challenging for a CL place. He's a good athlete, but he's just not good enough on the ball. Davinson gets slated for being poor on the ball, and he's miles better than CCV is.
I haven't seen him this season so can't say if he has improved but Luton certainly have since he joined.
He is a good passer and comfortable on the ball IMO.

I have seen him play many times in past seasons. He is a good passer and comfortable on the ball.
How many times have you seen him play?

I don't have a document showing how much I've seen CCV play, but at no point when I've watched him would I describe him as a good passer or comfortable on the ball. I've seen most of his games as a US International and he's never really showcased a good passing range or being comfortable on the ball.

I don't have a document showing how much I've seen CCV play, but at no point when I've watched him would I describe him as a good passer or comfortable on the ball. I've seen most of his games as a US International and he's never really showcased a good passing range or being comfortable on the ball.
We'll agree to differ then.

These were our loanees this season as of Aug 19

47CLARKE SeasonLEEDSC
8AMOS SeasonQPRC
12CCV SeasonSTOKEC
38GEORGIOU (til Jan)IPSWICHL1
14STERLING SeasonDONCASTERL1
21MARSH (til Jan)ORIENTL2
30ROLES (til Jan)CAMBRIDGEL2

CCV was a big hit, Roles and Marsh were hits and Amos played regularly.

Later loans
Austin, Brandon
Shashoua, Armando

Both played regularly.
From our other under 23s not one player appeared for the 1st team even as a sub

From the academy All these got sub spots but IIRC only Troy and Mal got a few minutes in one game.
Parrott, Troy Daniel
White, Harvey
Fagan-Walcott, Mal
Cirkin, Dennis

In summary:
Got a good feeling that maybe 2 of our current Academy will make it for Spurs.
U23s:
Let's see what JM thinks of CCV and maybe Amos??

CCV has been a fantastic loan for Luton, and a major reason for them retaining Championship status this season - just look at those goals conceded stats for Luton pre CCV and with CCV, and that will have had a big effect on the points gained with CCV in the side.

One for the cv (no puns !)

Still only 22 and almost 90 games playing for Championship clubs is significant experience for a player.

So pleased for CCV.

I don't think he makes it here, personally. Crazy that he's only a year older than Tanganga, feels like he's been around for ages. But he has been great for Luton and the stats speak for themselves.

I reckon he's likely to go back out on loan for a full season at Luton next season.

So pleased for CCV.

I don't think he makes it here, personally. Crazy that he's only a year older than Tanganga, feels like he's been around for ages. But he has been great for Luton and the stats speak for themselves.

I reckon he's likely to go back out on loan for a full season at Luton next season.

Sadly agree - although I'd hope that JM looks at him as imo CCV has lots going for him as a CB, although I think he's stagnated in the last 2 or 3 years but as CB's tend to be at their peak later than most outfield players I think he has 3 or 4 years still before getting to his peak, so lots of developing he could do in that time.

And just to put things into perspective Kim Min-jae experience in Chinese league is probably equivalent to League 1/League 2, yet we are chasing him and allowing CCV with higher level experience go.

Jones the Luton manager signed him as he was in charge of Stoke when CCV signed there and liked him. So pretty sure Luton would welcome him back.

From a Spurs point of view, I wonder if CCV and Amos (plus a couple of £m) would he a winning bid to get Eze from QPR - QPR are short of a CB having let Grant Hall (captain and cb) leave recently and Les Ferdinand/Chris Ramsey will know CCV well as he and Ball (coincidentally also at QPR as a DM) were a great CB2 for Spurs u23's when they were at Spurs and when Poch first started .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom