Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This might as well be the club motto.

This needs a button that covers both Haha and Agree

GenuineTemptingChafer-size_restricted.gif

I wish he would stay one more year as he can back up left back position.
However he is prob looking for at least 2 years.
If it's true that Man City are interested, maybe we should offer that.
I thought he would go back to Ajax.

HE IS MY FAVOURITE DEFENDER SINCE GARY MABBUTT.
And in my book that's the biggest compliment I could pay.
I used to say that if we had 11 Gary Mabbs, we would walk the league.
I don't think that he will get on today because no fans to cheer !

Remember when he got subbed (in a FA cup game this year) after being given the run around, and the camera focused on him, and he looked like a devastated man coming to terms with his own footballing mortality.

Made me very upset, those images did. 😭

Last edited:
Remember when he got subbed (in a CL game this year) after being given the run around, and the camera focused on him, and he looked like a devastated man coming to terms with his own footballing mortality.

Made me very upset, those images did. 😭
Sadly it wasn't in the CL against Bayern, it was in the FA Cup against Southampton when Danny Ings had given him the run around. This after Pukki had given him a ragdolling.

Time moves on, we wish Jn all the best, but he needs to go and let us progress.

I was there for his debut, just amazed that we had signed him for so little. Excellent defender and was just coasting with the ball at his feet. A player you are proud to have play for your club. The very definition of a 'rolls royce defender'.

I hope he realises the massive respect and adulation Spurs fans have for him. Rival fans will throw digs like 'oh but you won nothing with him' but we all know that isn't everything football is about.

Sad he’s going, but time catches up to all. I’ll never forget him dropping in at LB against Dortmund in CL and being the best player on the pitch. Hope one day he gets the send off he deserves.

Wow I forgot about Holtby

I know I thought about him the other day, he’s at Blackburn would you believe!

Jan is a total master in every category, loved him as a defender, had to play with twats like Fazio and Chriches until his mate arrived, a prince among men with phenomenal talent, love him

thank you

Back
Top Bottom