Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He says: 14th to 6th when Poch left is impressive...

She says: No it’s not, 14th to 5th was only 3pts at that time...

Good god🤦🏻, bottom line is we finished the season 40pts, yes 40pts behind the Champions, now there’s a gap not closing anytime soon....

Nah, he's not top of the list for me.

Aurier

Dele

Sissy

That order.

We've already lost 10s of Ms on dele's valuation not selling him sooner.

Get him out. He's not interested in football anymore; should go and be an instagram influencer.

I'm not a member of Aurier's fan club, didn't want us to sign him, happy to upgrade him, but he's a long way from our biggest problem right now even with his antics. He does a better impression of a RB than Sissoko does as a footballer (and midfielder).

I definitely think we should sell Alli. But upgrading Sissoko is more vital and much easier than upgrading Airier right now. There aren't a boat load of decent RB's out there right now, but every team in professional football has a better midfielder than Sissoko in them.

Well thank God that season is over. The sooner it's forgotten about the better.

Takes me back to our Steed Malbranque heydey!

Only six weeks to the new season and do we need some re-inforcements?

Thursdays in Iceland/Kazakhstan and Sundays at Anfield - can't wait!

Do we need to play next week in some EL qualifier in Tibet?
You need a better internet search engine. Tibet isn't in Europe.

I'm not a member of Aurier's fan club, didn't want us to sign him, happy to upgrade him, but he's a long way from our biggest problem right now even with his antics. He does a better impression of a RB than Sissoko does as a footballer (and midfielder).

I definitely think we should sell Alli. But upgrading Sissoko is more vital and much easier than upgrading Airier right now. There aren't a boat load of decent RB's out there right now, but every team in professional football has a better midfielder than Sissoko in them.
Aurier is more detrimental and destabalising to our team than Sissy imo.

I'd keep sissy as a squad player.

Not Aurier.

That's because we don't have Mane, Salad or Martial!
giphy.gif

With a club of our size and (supposed) ambition it shouldn’t be a case of which one we prefer but instead who is replacing both of them.

Of course because of who our chairman is we are left debating how we can get by with having o e of these sub par players (among others) in our squad.

Aurier is more detrimental and destabalising to our team than Sissy imo.

I'd keep sissy as a squad player.

Not Aurier.

I don't think Sissoko was that bad considering the fact that he has to play 2 positions every game.
He defends right side as much as Aurier if not more.
Even Bergwijn was defending like a RB to cover Aurier today.

I think Mou likes Aurier so he will always be in our starting lineup, but I really want him gone.

Last edited:
At least Kane is back. If he scores 30 league goals and we defend properly we should be getting top 4 next year
Depending on a player to score 30 goals in the PL is not a sustainable strategy. Yes, Kane can do it (and has in the past), but he shouldn't be required to. 30 goals is a gargantuan ask of any player in a system and squad like this.

I disagree. At least Aurier has some technical ability and can defend of a fashion. Sissoko isn't a footballer, nothing is more detrimental to a team than that, especially at the epicentre of your team.

Can Aurier defend?

It seems like he needs Sissoko over there helping him and even then it usually isn't enough for them to do an effective job.

Back
Top Bottom