Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree. At least Aurier has some technical ability and can defend of a fashion. Sissoko isn't a footballer, nothing is more detrimental to a team than that, especially at the epicentre of your team.
Aurier can permanently destabilise our defense - when functional - with a couple of his 'specials'.

And once that happens the whole team crumbles.

It's no contest for me.

He's a critical iability.

If we had a more robust back line we might be able to absorb his nuttery more, but we just don't.

Let’s just get of both Aurier and Sissoko and replace them with some proper footballers. We shouldn’t even be debating it. Neither are good enough.

I think Sissoko is important to our squad. He's the only DM in our squad who can actually defend.
Winks is not a good defender, Skipp is unproven.
Sissoko had handicap of having Aurier on the right side whole year, and has to play like a RB in significant portion of the game. It's not easy what Sissoko had to do this year.

Also, Sissoko is versatile player who can even play WB or RB if needed. You don't wanna get rid of player like that.

Last edited:
Thank God this awful season is over. We did well to recover for 6th and the EL could be a good laugh but not being in the CL hurts. Chavs and United were there for the taking. Hope there is a lot of hard work from the management and coaching team over the late summer and we can find a system and set-up that H deserves. UTS.

I think Sissoko is important to our squad. He's the only DM in our squad who can actually defend.
Sissoko had handicap of having Aurier on the right side whole year, and has to play like a RB in significant portion of the game. It's not easy what Sissoko had to do this year.

Also, Sissoko is versatile player who can even play WB or RB if needed. You don't wanna get rid of player like that.

He’s not a defensive midfielder. He doesn’t really have a position. Right midfield maybe at a push. I’m so fed up with him.

I was expecting a bit more, TBH, after the last couple of games. IMO, Davy should not have been dropped and H should not have been playing up front on his own. And I couldn't understand why he took Gio off.
I don't like us sitting back once we scored, but knew that it would happen. But unlike previous games, think we only had one or two decent breakaways. Once they equalised, I thought we would push on and start playing again. But we seemed content to sit back again, as a draw was enough for our target of getting 6th.
It was a dangerous game plan, but thankfully it turned out OK.
With regards to individual performances, I don't like to single out individuals too much to criticise them, as everyone has their off days. I always thought that some people were very harsh towards Serge, Harry Winks and Moussa and they were never given any credit when they played well. But I have to admit that I haven't been impressed with their performances since the return. As someone else mentioned, we just don't seem to have any creativity in midfield, and we bypass it on a regular basis.
I will give Jose credit for getting us to the Europa League though, as he took over a team that was playing quite poorly and instilled a team spirit which had been seriously lacking.
I won't be sorry to see the back of this season, as it really has been pretty rubbish on the whole - injuries to key players, poor VAR decisions, still feeling a hangover from the CL Final and having to say goodbye to Jan without giving him the send off he deserves.
Enjoy the break everyone, won't be long before we're back playing. Stay safe x

He’s not a defensive midfielder. He doesn’t really have a position. Right midfield maybe at a push. I’m so fed up with him.

He does have a position but it's just not in our team .He has had probably 10 decent games since he has been here yet people still praise him. He is one of the worst technical pro footballers I have seen. Cannot shoot or pass ,has awful control.He is very strong and can run. That is not good enough for us.

In fairness, considering all the upheaval the club has been through the past 12 months when you look who finished above us I'm only really peeved at two of them and thats Leicester and Man Utd. After last season I knew Liverpool and City were on a different level before anyone kicked a ball and Chelsea under Frank were going to be a tough opponent. I thought we may be able to compete against the chavs but they ground out some good results in fairness.

I never imagined Leicester would do much and sat waiting for them to inevitably implode (which they duly did but sadly just a little too late). It's OGS at manure that's amazed me. After the honeymoon period I could see Pogba leaving, Rashford failing and the team coming apart at the seams. The turning point definitely seemed to be the arrival of Fernandes and the maturing of Greenwood.

So we finish 6th and look to the future. Europe beckons and on paper Mourinho could have us lifting the Europa cup. The squad needs fresh blood but the nucleus of a side definitely capable of a top four finish next season is there.

Our position is about right for where we are at now but saying goodbye to a few and bringing in a couple of quality signings could just step us up a couple of rungs. Jose has no doubt already written his list of ins and outs, the big question is will Daniel back him ?

Largely agree with this.

As for Man Utd helps when you get a soft penalty every third game.

Didn’t Maureen say sissoko wasn’t a CM but then continually plays him there ahead of other players. As for physicality when does sctually make a tackle and win the ball. All I see him do is point and fuck out of headers. He never challenged for header. I’m sure the other players must be flanaghasted as never offers for the ball or if he does just gives it straight back. Complete waste of a player basically we are playing with 10 men from the off.

Oh yes I fucking do

Back
Top Bottom