Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not as concerned about entertainment if we play defensively and win great.

My main issue is that we weren't playing defensively and controlling the game we were holding on for dear life and have done the same thing in many games this year.

I have seen Jose teams play this style before but the difference was they weren't just defensive they were so good they could the control the game while playing that way, we are not close to that kind of team. We didn't hold on to the draw because of our superior play we got a little lucky that Palace did not score on the chances they continually produced in the 2nd half.
Yeah. I am over simplifying it but we have some pretty good attackers but are very poor defensively. Yet we play defensively.
I feel like we were capable of getting a 2nd & killing off palace if we played to our strengths more (attack), rather than our weaknesses (defence).

Yeah. I am over simplifying it but we have some pretty good attackers but are very poor defensively. Yet we play defensively.
I feel like we were capable of getting a 2nd & killing off palace if we played to our strengths more (attack), rather than our weaknesses (defence).

agree

tumblr_nw4kn704aw1qdhps7o7_r1_250.gifv

I disagree. At least Aurier has some technical ability and can defend of a fashion. Sissoko isn't a footballer, nothing is more detrimental to a team than that, especially at the epicentre of your team.

Your sole focus on shitting on Sissoko is fastly making you look like someone that cant be taken seriously (not to mention respect, this ship has sailed long ago).

I don't think that anyone would be arguing that Sissoko would be technicallly brilliant no our best CM nor that he should be starter for us. But to say that "he is not a footballer" or "he is totally useless" or "playing with him is like playing with 10 men" is absolutely absurd. There are other examples of players who are workhorses and are not so pleasing to the eye. That does not mean he is not useful under any circumstances.

Our issue currently in CM is simple - we have no able defensive midfielders and our only truly creative midfielder is either out of shape / injured or whatever. Instead of either we have 2 players who are not very good at either and they are being played together. I absolutely can see scenario when while we are playing 4-3-3 then to have a destroyer (prime Parker/Sandro comes to mind), one creative type (Ndombele or Lo Celso) and then one workhorse like Sissoko who can help to carry the ball and support the defense.

P.S today within 78 minutes Sissoko made 39 passes with accuracy of 94,9% (additionally he made 5 tackles which was 2nd most in the team and 5 interceptions most in the team) - highest in the team. Not saying that he would be the best passer or exellent passer, but coming today and whining about his role and ability says way more about you and your blind agenda than about anything else.

Last edited:
Much of Russia is east of Tibet and miraculously it's in Europe (for EL purposes anyway). Kazakhstan is not much closer to NWHL. Reaching these places for Thursday will mean setting off on Monday.

I gusss geography isnt your strongest point.

Most of Russia is to the west (not east) of Tibet , and Lhasa (Tibet's capital) is about 50% further from London than Astana (capital of Kazakhstan).

Flight time from London to Astana (capital of Kazakhstan) is just over 6 hours on a direct flight (assuming they resume post pandemic) and daily..........Tibet is a little longer and more difficult.

Your sole focus on shitting on Sissoko is fastly making you look like someone that cant be taken seriously (not to mention respect, this ship has sailed long ago).

I don't think that anyone would be arguing that Sissoko would be technicallly brilliant no our best CM nor that he should be starter for us. But to say that "he is not a footballer" or "he is totally useless" or "playing with him is like playing with 10 men" is absolutely absurd. There are other examples of players who are workhorses and are not so pleasing to the eye. That does not mean he is not useful under any circumstances.

Our issue currently in CM is simple - we have no able defensive midfielders and our only truly creative midfielder is either out of shape / injured or whatever. Instead of either we have 2 players who are not very good at either and they are being played together. I absolutely can see scenario when while we are playing 4-3-3 then to have a destroyer (prime Parker/Sandro comes to mind), one creative type (Ndombele or Lo Celso) and then one workhorse like Sissoko who can help to carry the ball and support the defense.

P.S today within 78 minutes Sissoko made 39 passes with accuracy of 94,9% (additionally he made 5 tackles which was 2nd most in the team and 5 interceptions most in the team) - highest in the team. Not saying that he would be the best passer or exellent passer, but coming today and whining about his role and ability says way more about you and your blind agenda than about anything else.

He's not a workhorse, he's fucking lazy donkey.

A dull, drab game and an example as to why Mourinho is a serial winner. - Job Done, European football secured.

Chelsea did the job for us, putting 2 goals past Wolves in the first half. Clearly the instruction from the bench was to see the game out. Even at 1-1 we were time wasting and passing the ball around our defence.

Sure, it was boring; but mission accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom