Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im born 1985 and I don’t think getting to a final and losing it is an achievement mate. It’s small time celebrating getting to finals and losing. It was a fantastic run, but we won nothing mate. You might not find it prestigious, but beating Chelsea in the league cup is an achievement. It’s a trophy at the end of the day. If we come out as champions league winners and had beaten Liverpool, then I completely understand as not much would of topped that. We didn’t though, we are forever the ultimate losers until this club actually achieve something.

"The Ultimate Losers"??

Really.... What a miserable world you must live in.

We're one of the most decorated clubs in the country.....Even if you weren't alive to witness some of that, that doesn't whitewash away who we are.

"The Ultimate Losers"??

Really.... What a miserable world you must live in.

We're one of the most decorated clubs in the country.....Even if you weren't alive to witness some of that, that doesn't whitewash away who we are.
Why do so many of our fans call us such a small club then? Not a dig at you just curious

When you wank off another Managers achievements at Chelsea the Big-Time supporter's post looks like this.

And you say the way I support Spurs is half the problem with the club. Deary me.
Says the man who sits with scum and Chelsea fans and pats them on the back while they tearfully remember winning a semi final of a competition they lost

:mourfacepalm:

When you wank off another Managers achievements at Chelsea the Big-Time supporter's post looks like this.

And you say the way I support Spurs is half the problem with the club. Deary me.
Wank off another managers achievements? Maybe I’m just happy that levy decided to bring in a proven winner , I bet jose is loving it though as all he needs to do is make a CL final and he will be a success here . So if he does happen to get to a CL final and we lose would you say his appointment here was successful?

I’m sure Jose had some injured players in his career no?
This is the topic being discussed, finally you are in the room.

He shit the bed this season when we encountered injuries, wanted the season to end, moaned every press conf and our performances were utter dog shit as he could find no solution.

He/we got very lucky as the season got suspended and we/he benefited as a direct result as those injured players got fit whilst the season was suspended.

Welcome to the debate.

Why do so many of our fans call us such a small club then? Not a dig at you just curious

They do?

....Are you not merely alluding to some acknowledging there are richer/more successful clubs out there?

I can't ever recall reading someone here literally calling us a "small club" in that sense.....

Wank off another managers achievements? Maybe I’m just happy that levy decided to bring in a proven winner , I bet jose is loving it though as all he needs to do is make a CL final and he will be a success here . So if he does happen to get to a CL final and we lose would you say his appointment here was successful?
*BREAKING NEWS* Spurs will not be playing in the CL next season on account of the "winner" not having us qualify for the competition.

If he got us to a CL final I would think that to be a brilliant achievement (assuming we were actually in it).

This is the topic being discussed, finally you are in the room.

He shit the bed this season when we encountered injuries, wanted the season to end, moaned every press conf and our performances were utter dog shit as he could find no solution.

He/we got very lucky as the season got suspended and we/he benefited as a direct result as those injured players got fit whilst the season was suspended.

Welcome to the debate.
But I’ve gone into the past.
In his career he has won 23 trophies and had injured players at the same time

They do?

....Are you not merely alluding to some acknowledging there are richer/more successful clubs out there?

I can't ever recall reading someone here literally calling us a "small club" in that sense.....

Jose has never managed a club this small within its respected league though.

So can you really compare?

If Poch had also managed the best teams in Portugal, Italy, Spain and England and won 0, I'd understand.

Its an unfair comparison.

Yes, Mourinho has shown to be a winner. But not at Spurs yet, so right now, hes on the same amount of trophies as Pochettino. Let's see what he can do next season.
Would it sadden you if he finally went to a big club and actually won something?

*BREAKING NEWS* Spurs will not be playing in the CL next season on account of the "winner" not having us qualify for the competition.

If he got us to a CL final I would think that to be a brilliant achievement (assuming we were actually in it).
I said during his time here , let’s say he is here 4 years and we get to the CL final once during these years and lose , is he successful , yes or no?

Imagine next season we go on and beat say for arguments sake Chelsea again in the league cup final or say Woolwich in the Fa cup final. Imagine Mourinho finally brings a trophy we desperately need. That for me would easily top the Moura hatrick in a competition we ended up bottling anyway. I’m not denying the excitement I got from that moment, but at the end of the day i got no satisfaction from the final outcome. The moment I think of that Moura moment, I then immediately think of the disappointment of that final and what an opportunity that was for us. Next season I want that feeling of seeing Harry lift a bloody trophy with this club. League cup I couldn’t careless if people feel it’s beneath us. Work your magic and Get us a trophy Jose!!!!!
Some people so worried by this notion that are already mapping out how even if we win a small cup under Jose, Poch would have achieved more anyway by losing the bigger cups......as well as the smaller ones

Says the man who sits with scum and Chelsea fans and pats them on the back while they tearfully remember winning a semi final of a competition they lost

:mourfacepalm:
You are like a West Ham fan taking the mickey out of Spurs fans for not winning the CL whilst never being good enough to even qualify for the completion in their entire history.

Just the most bizarre logic.

Like the 2-0 up driving seat at Stamford Bridge?
Or the home game against Leicester we lost despite having 26 shots?
Or the 2-1 driving seat against Woolwich we had against ten men?
Or the 90 minute driving seat we had to beat west ham?

You do realise that the reason we never went above Leicester was because we bottled every opportunity to put pressure on them right?
Bottling games, sure. But Leicester just didn’t lose. We were never above them. We didn’t bottle the league.

Back
Top Bottom