Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son's 1st (& 2nd) goals for us were also in Europa... although he already had a number of CL goals for his previous club. But I bet there are some others who got their first goals for us, or their first European goals in the Europa League. Crazy to think that Kane, Son & co were getting goals for us in Europa.. and then after years of progress and development we reached the Champions League Final last year.

So for me this Europa league run will feel a bit like a return to the roots... except our players are way more experienced now. Looking forward to what they can now achieve in the competition.
Also Lamela's first 3 goals for Spurs. His 2nd goal was the rabona in that crazy game where Kane scored a hat trick and went in goal

Here's another thing, I was never entirely comfortable with the "You play Thursdays coz you're fucking shite" jibes.

Historically, we're a UEFA Cup team. One that punched way above it's weight and luckily got to a European Cup final, but a UEFA Cup team nonetheless.

I would give my right nut to win our trophy back
I know this is an old post but its Woolwich, Bill. Surely we can shit on them a bit. Also, we're more successful than they are in Europe anyway. All banter is a bit daft at the end of the day - at least it's our rival and not like Everton or something silly.

From Foxes Talk

I can't wait to see us in Europe, but I'm still ****ing livid that after all this we've ended up with the same prize as Tottenham

200.gif
Season is 38 matches long and all that.

It's a beautiful trophy, and it's really heavy too (yes I have held it!). The name and national flag of the winners are engraved on the base (you can just about see some in the photo). I am lucky enough to have been at the Lane for both finals that we won, and those nights were magical - winning a trophy on our home ground - won't happen again.
Don't tell me it's not worth winning.
Yeh i lifted it too, it reminds me of an umbrella stand.

I know this is an old post but its Woolwich, Bill. Surely we can shit on them a bit. Also, we're more successful than they are in Europe anyway. All banter is a bit daft at the end of the day - at least it's our rival and not like Everton or something silly.
Oh yeah, you're right of course, just I always had this feeing that we'd be reacquainted at some point.

If Ndombele is staying I think this is the competition where he can put in some performances that give Jose some faith in him. Hopefully force his way in to the first team and put this season behind him.

So will the bent powers that be put us straight in at the group stage or make us start qualification tomorrow night in Veryfarawayikstan?

Haven't missed this shit at all for the last few years. Perhaps it would be best for Woolwich to qualify for it as well, as not having to globe trott every other week will help their fitness and league form.

So will the bent powers that be put us straight in at the group stage or make us start qualification tomorrow night in Veryfarawayikstan?

Haven't missed this shit at all for the last few years. Perhaps it would be best for Woolwich to qualify for it as well, as not having to globe trott every other week will help their fitness and league form.
Can’t ever want woolwich to win anything, and plus them having no transfer budget at all this summer will be hilarious.

Europa under Mourinho will be very different to when it was Poch.

We play on the break now, we must run far fewer miles. Poch's teams struggled badly on Sundays, I don't think we'll have that issue.

GDANSK HERE WE COME!!!

I have no problem with being in the Europa,would prefer the Champions league,but will take the former
Just so long as long as we actually give it a serious go.
Which i think we will.
Did you not find hounding Borussia Dortmund every other season a tad boring!

I just cannot fathom some in our supporterbase.

Haven’t won a trophy since 2008.

Haven’t won any trophy that isn’t the league cup since 1991.

But the UEFA cup which we will be one of the favourites for is pointless.

ok
I don't get people who love ENIC/levy now saying how important trophies are. I thought it was just consistency in the league.
Trophies are important. But trophies aren't suddenly important when defending levy/ENIC :levywtf:

Back
Top Bottom