Fixture list 2020/1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't suppose that when the PL supercomputer spews its' completely unbiased fixtures out it could be made clever enough to ensure that the fixtures played behind closed doors were not replicated at the beginning of the next season so they have a chance of being played with some fans this time around?
Cough... NLD... cough...
:sonhmm::mourear:

Last edited:
Don't suppose that when the PL supercomputer spews it's completely unbiased fixtures out it could be made clever enough to ensure that the fixtures played behind closed doors were not replicated at the beginning of the next season so they have a chance of being played with some fans this time around?
Cough... NLD... cough...
:sonhmm::mourear:

Nine times out of ten the first NLD of the season is at Woolwich. I expect it to be at Spurs next season, as it looks increasingly likely that the 2nd half of the season crowds will have returned, as that's when a vaccine is likely to have been made widely available. Some teams seam to have influence over the fixture list and we're clearly not one of those teams and Woolwich are.

Nine times out of ten the first NLD of the season is at Woolwich. I expect it to be at Spurs next season, as it looks increasingly likely that the 2nd half of the season crowds will have returned, as that's when a vaccine is likely to have been made widely available. Some teams seam to have influence over the fixture list and we're clearly not one of those teams and Woolwich are.
I disagree, the PL won't miss the chance to make some coin from the first time a crowd is at a NLD. It's like how they made sure to put Man United against us in the last game at WHL and also put them in the last game at Upton Park, they're always looking for ways to get a bit of extra money. I don't really think it's a bias thing IMO.

All I know is that any match with the ref as Michael "Fk" Oliver on the field or in the dungeon will guarantee to have fucked up decision(s) against Spurs.

I disagree, the PL won't miss the chance to make some coin from the first time a crowd is at a NLD. It's like how they made sure to put Man United against us in the last game at WHL and also put them in the last game at Upton Park, they're always looking for ways to get a bit of extra money. I don't really think it's a bias thing IMO.

The NLD has been at Woolwich first something like nine out of the last ten seasons, that's statistically unlikely if it were just chance. It's a game the away team rarely wins these days so to have the home game first is an advantage. Next season, it might be the other way round because crowds might be back in the second game. If we're first for a change it will prove my theory about Woolwich having an inside man when it comes to compiling the fixture list.

One of the potential positives about Mourinho could be that he convinces Levy to start bribing officials to get a better fixture list and buying off referees. We've played fair for far too long.

The top 4 can't play each other on the opening weekend - but they always like a box office opening game......which means we will very likely play Liverpool, Utd, City or Chelsea

Does that mean we ended up 9 points worse off...
Or that there were 9 incidents, that may or may not have resulted in points dropped?

Games like Man City at the start of the season (feels like a LIFETIME AGO!) clearly earned us a point... then again there's no telling how the Sheff Utd game would have turned out HAD Sonny's equaliser stood (We may well have easily gone on to still lose 3-1 instead of 3-0!!)
... but how many points SHOULD we have had, if there were no VAR??
I'm thinking we should've been about 3-5 points better off, bearing in mind we HAVE benefited on the odd occasion!)

Or that there were 9 incidents, that may or may not have resulted in points dropped?

Games like Man City at the start of the season (feels like a LIFETIME AGO!) clearly earned us a point... then again there's no telling how the Sheff Utd game would have turned out HAD Sonny's equaliser stood (We may well have easily gone on to still lose 3-1 instead of 3-0!!)
I'm thinking we should've been about 3-5 points better off, bearing in mind we HAVE benefited on the odd occasion!)

Defintely at least 4 (Bournemouth & Man U during the lockdown games).

Those 2 & the Sheff U decision were confirmed as incrorrect by the relevant body.

We’d be 7 points and 4 places worse off according to the Mail. Between 8th & 12th according to another batch of VAR-less tables in other publications.

All agreed that Liverpool would have been relegated having scored only three legitimate goals all season.

The top 4 can't play each other on the opening weekend - but they always like a box office opening game......which means we will very likely play Liverpool, Utd, City or Chelsea
I mean I know you can't have rivals playing at home on the same day etc. but I didn't know that, is that an actual thing?

rPNCqww.gif

Back
Top Bottom