Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Behind the scenes positive storylines on certain players, or staff will be the bits that will hopefully keep it interesting and watchable, but i dread the negative surprises.

I think it will be fascinating. I’m not bothered what fans of other clubs think.

this documentary indeed, will be fascinating...
more drama even after season has ended...

tenor.gif

You're disagreeing with my wondering? We're into the realms of the metaphysical now......
Personally I disagree with the whole premise that they could buy us.

Did they buy Man City? Did they buy the Philadelphia Eagles or the Dallas Cowboys? What about the Brazil national team or the All Blacks?

To save you the bother, no they didn't. So why would them continuing their All Or Nothing series with a season about us mean they suddenly intend to buy our club?

Personally I disagree with the whole premise that they could buy us.

Did they buy Man City? Did they buy the Philadelphia Eagles or the Dallas Cowboys? What about the Brazil national team or the All Blacks?

To save you the bother, no they didn't. So why would them continuing their All Or Nothing series with a season about us mean they suddenly intend to buy our club?
Just musing. Why so confrontational?

I think it will be fascinating. I’m not bothered what fans of other clubs think.
It's not the fans of other clubs that worry me. They'd rubbish it no matter what the season had been like. It's the general perception of people who perhaps don't support a particular club.
Investors, advertisers etc .......I'm just a little worried that we will be portrayed as struggling. Not a good image.

This is the worst time to be releasing a documentary. We've had a rubbish season, sacked a manager, lost cup games to teams in tiers below us etc etc. Are you going to be proud to have that record watched all over the world? The very thought of it makes me squirm with embarrassment.
I disagree. I think it's great timing, more luck than judgement though to be honest.

Club was in turmoil, Poch gone, Mourinho in, a global pandemic, 60k stadium empty during the restart, huge money signing not even making the bench, etc, etc.

It's box office. As somebody once said 'there is no such thing as bad publicity'.

I disagree. I think it's great timing, more luck than judgement though to be honest.

Club was in turmoil, Poch gone, Mourinho in, a global pandemic, 60k stadium empty during the restart, huge money signing not even making the bench, etc, etc.

It's box office. As somebody once said 'there is no such thing as bad publicity'.
There most certainly is. The old adage was trotted out long before modern communications. I hope you're right. I really do. But it's a real gamble.

It’s really about promoting the stadium and the various facilities.

With Pochettino, Eriksen, Mourinho, and Covid it’s certainly going to be an intriguing watch for neutrals. We ended the season on a fairly upbeat note, all things considered, so I don’t think it will be as embarrassing as feared.
The Daniel Levy Show.

There most certainly is. The old adage was trotted out long before modern communications. I hope you're right. I really do. But it's a real gamble.

Bearing in mind Levy will have the power to veto anything damaging; apart from fan banter (which is ultimately harmless), how much harm can it honestly do?

....Everybody knows all the obvious negative plot points already which largely renders them moot.

Releasing the documentary doesn’t make any difference to the football we play.
Because I’m bored of this lazy idea from many ill informed people that Amazon making a documentary about us means there’s a possibility that they want to buy us or the naming rights to our stadium
I'm not I'll informed or lazy in my thinking. If you're bored, stop involving yourself by posting. Don't you understand "musing"...perhaps " idly speculating " might be a better way to describe my train of thought. I don't think for a second it's going to happen. I'm never sleeping with Michelle Pfeiffer but I can think about it. In fact......I do!!!!!

Bearing in mind Levy will have the power to veto anything damaging; apart from fan banter (which is ultimately harmless), how much harm can it honestly do?

....Everybody knows all the obvious negative plot points already which largely renders them moot.
I'm just a worrier when it comes to Spurs.

I'm just a worrier when it comes to Spurs.

Genuine question btw... It doesn't appeal to me (I suspect most reality TV to be heavily stage-managed anyway), but the prospect of it does seem to have some people shook.

Back
Top Bottom