Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When you see already since Monday big money deals getting done when we were led to believe that covid would call a halt to this is pure bollocks.
As a club we are doing what it has always done and that is gone into risk adverse mode, um and ah over pushing the club on with the profit this club makes is embarrassing.
I know people joke but I seriously think that levy is actually hoping to pick up the net spend trophy or greatest bank balance sheet award.

Chelsea spending last years Russian dosh and City with their endless sponsorship cash that CAS has now given licence to spend does not really indicate financial health for the entire league. They are like the two worst examples.

I not saying we should have started with Troy but when we were not scoring any goals and playing awful Jose could have played him for 15 minutes. Instead he left him out or he gave him a couple of minutes
You don’t bring on a 17yr old to save games with 15 minutes left, it’s the stuff that can break a career before it’s started.
Look at all the shit on here when he missed the penalty, you don’t throw a kid his debut in heated circumstances under massive pressure

The irony is that there have been times in the last decade when it probably wasn't such a massive investment needed. The squads we had in 2012 and 2016/17 probably needed 2-3 quality players to win trophies. That's maybe 100-150M at that time. This from a club with an owner who has a yacht worth almost 100M. Sell the fucking boat and buy 2 world class players perhaps?

Instead we sold our best players, replaced them with cheaper and worse ones and wonder why the team went backwards.

Now as the squad has deteriorated and transfer prices went through the roof after 2017 it will probably take a huge amount to turn us into trophy winners when if Enic had shown some balls in the past we could already have got to the next level.
We spent 110M on 6 players for AVB in 2012 didnt we?
At the time our record signing was still about 17M, to give an idea of how much we laid out to try and improve the squad.

The real mistake from that era was sacking Redknapp for AVB and that’s the part that was absolutely lauded by the majority of the fan base who claimed it was a next level manager and that 5th was better than 4th because we got more points.

Cant celebrate certain actions ENIC take at the time but then with hindsight start saying they’ve never done the right thing.

Exactly. These people lost it when people turned on Poch after 5.5 years.
Now they do the same after 6 months , and have had their agenda from Jose’s first day in charge.

We canned poch after 4 years of "punching way above our weight" performances, and one catastrophic year (one full year, from tha january prior to his sacking).

That catastrophic year was brought on by chronic injuries and fatigue, brought on by levy not signing anyone for a world record duration (not imposed as a ban).

At least get your facts straight.

We canned poch after 4 years of "punching way above our weight" performances, and one catastrophic year (one full year, from tha january prior to his sacking).

That catastrophic year was brought on by chronic injuries and fatigue, brought on by levy not signing anyone for a world record duration (not imposed as a ban).

At least get your facts straight.

The spanner in the works for the punching above our weight argument is that Leicester won the title in a season we finished ABOVE City, Chelsea, Utd and Liverpool.
Care to tell me who was above us that we couldn’t compete with financially?
Were Woolwich title challengers to you?

I’m aware of the facts, what you said has fuck all bearing on the fact that twats like you still didn’t want Poch sacked after what you call a “catastrophic year”..

You also missed Poch losing the dressing room and playing a shit formation that players were criticising in the papers.

The point was that you same twats slated people for turning on Poch after let’s say then, one year of catastrophic football, yet had turned on Jose already after weeks despite taking over from that catastrophic situation and having to fix it out of the blue.

Moron

Last edited:
Won't stop these clubs hoovering up trophies mate.

Surely city winning this case has finished FFP UEFA won't be able to impose it.

Both these posts are irrelevant to the point being put to you (and the false claim you originally made).... C19 stands to affect the finances (ergo spending power) of any club that is in some way dependent on matchday revenue.

Antonio Conte is just as intense and short term as Jose, he’s won the prem more recently, bested Jose in a cup final and been to a CL final more recently.
Hmmmmmmmmm
Since Poch took over as our manager:
Wenger 2 trophies
Jose 4 trophies
Klopp 2 trophies
Pep 8 trophies
Sarri 2 trophies
Conte 1 trophy
Ranieri 1 trophy

Now one of Arteta or Frank guaranteed to win a trophy.

Ole 0 trophies.

Oh look which group Poch is in

Wenger 2 trophies
Jose 4 trophies
Klopp 2 trophies
Pep 8 trophies
Sarri 2 trophies
Conte 1 trophy
Ranieri 1 trophy

Ole 0 trophies.

FFS WHO SPOKE ABOUT POCH?

Ranieri fluke aside, all of those managers had a bigger budget, and had a higher starting point

Jose lost to Norwich in that same competition Arteta or Lampard is guaranteed to win, that’s nothing to do with Poch and he got obliterated by Max Verstappen FC in the CL. Jose is 0/2 AT SPURS So far.

Klopp lost how many finals before getting to spend big in 2018?

Both these posts are irrelevant to the point being put to you (and the false claim you originally made).... C19 stands to affect the finances (ergo spending power) of any club that is in some way dependent on matchday revenue.
There is no false claim, if clubs are affected by covid 19 then some clubs are not showing it yet.
Other clubs such as ours will always be affected by a mere ripple, if someone drops a barrel of oil on the floor in Saudi Arabia that is an excuse not to take a plunge in the market.
So to confirm no false claims the day is Friday, beautiful and sunny we all move on have a good one.

There is no false claim, if clubs are affected by covid 19 then some clubs are not showing it yet.

Yes there is (see highlghted).

You're still being disingenuous with your replies too:

You said: "we were led to believe that covid would call a halt to this [big spending]"

Who led you to believe C19 would prevent the likes of City from throwing their petro-dosh around then...? I've not seen anyone on this forum make that prediction; quite the opposite in fact.

If you're not talking about the likes of City then who are the teams you are alluding to....?

Other clubs such as ours will always be affected by a mere ripple, if someone drops a barrel of oil on the floor in Saudi Arabia that is an excuse not to take a plunge in the market.

Completely irrelevant to what's been put to you (not just by me either)

So to confirm no false claims

To confirm; you're being dishonest.

Last edited:
There is one reason we lose our shit at our shortcomings though.
And that’s because we are always so close.
But how can anyone tell me ENIC has failed massively and has no ambition etc when we can all remember (if you’re not 12) the idea of breaking top 4 being one of the most laughable notions in football.
And before that we went MENTAL at getting into the EL.

Show me one other club that has elevated itself from 14th and 11th as standard, to where we are now in 15 years.
Some tried......they did a Leeds. Literally.

The rest of the top 4 regressed, and are now pretty shit (bar Liverpool who only had a proper come back two years ago)

Not one other club has steadily built itself up, lots of talk from a lot of yo yo clubs, and of course the perennial nothing club Everton.
But it’s Spurs who made it.....count City all you want, if you want, but that’s not building and they’ve got nothing to be proud of.

Despite my harsh words about Poch, AVB, Eriksen, Dele etc, I’m proud of THFC and thankful to all who played their part in its elevation to what we are today.

People say the common denominator is ENIC.
Well I agree, and hopefully now with a world class manager they will finally put the final piece of the jigsaw together.

Anyone can do a Chelsea......but we’re not Chelsea and any Spurs fan demanding we behave like them should be ashamed.

We’ve always been special and different and when we do it off our own back, a few fans will be genuinely be able to cry tears of pride.

I feel sorry for those among us who’s first reaction will be “about time”...
Post of the year sammy!

Wenger 2 trophies
Jose 4 trophies
Klopp 2 trophies
Pep 8 trophies
Sarri 2 trophies
Conte 1 trophy
Ranieri 1 trophy

Ole 0 trophies.

Now do the same for the amount of CL finals managers have been Involved in as we all know the smaller trophies don’t count :levyeyes:

FFS WHO SPOKE ABOUT POCH?

Ranieri fluke aside, all of those managers had a bigger budget, and had a higher starting point

Jose lost to Norwich in that same competition Arteta or Lampard is guaranteed to win, that’s nothing to do with Poch and he got obliterated by Max Verstappen FC in the CL. Jose is 0/2 AT SPURS So far.

Klopp lost how many finals before getting to spend big in 2018?
Hahahahahahaha

RAAAAAAGE

Yes there is (see highlghted).

You're still being disingenuous with your replies too:

You said: "we were led to believe that covid would call a halt to this [big spending]"

Who led you to believe C19 would prevent the likes of City from throwing their petro-dosh around then...? I've not seen anyone on this forum make that prediction; quite the opposite in fact.

If you're not talking about the likes of City then who are the teams you are alluding to....?

Completely irrelevant to what's been put to you (not just by me either)

To confirm; you're being dishonest.
Nothing irrelevant no dishonesty from myself, clearly rattled by my eight ball comment.
I'm sitting here waiting to see whether I will be donating to your good cause, do you remember or am I being dishonest about that.
:mourthumb: :mourbringit:

There is one reason we lose our shit at our shortcomings though.
And that’s because we are always so close.
But how can anyone tell me ENIC has failed massively and has no ambition etc when we can all remember (if you’re not 12) the idea of breaking top 4 being one of the most laughable notions in football.
And before that we went MENTAL at getting into the EL.

Show me one other club that has elevated itself from 14th and 11th as standard, to where we are now in 15 years.
Some tried......they did a Leeds. Literally.

The rest of the top 4 regressed, and are now pretty shit (bar Liverpool who only had a proper come back two years ago)

Not one other club has steadily built itself up, lots of talk from a lot of yo yo clubs, and of course the perennial nothing club Everton.
But it’s Spurs who made it.....count City all you want, if you want, but that’s not building and they’ve got nothing to be proud of.

Despite my harsh words about Poch, AVB, Eriksen, Dele etc, I’m proud of THFC and thankful to all who played their part in its elevation to what we are today.

People say the common denominator is ENIC.
Well I agree, and hopefully now with a world class manager they will finally put the final piece of the jigsaw together.

Anyone can do a Chelsea......but we’re not Chelsea and any Spurs fan demanding we behave like them should be ashamed.

We’ve always been special and different and when we do it off our own back, a few fans will be genuinely be able to cry tears of pride.

I feel sorry for those among us who’s first reaction will be “about time”...
ENIC/Levy have moved the club into another stratosphere in the grand scheme of things and have done marvellous work in laying the foundations for us to close the financial gap.

however in Sporting terms, it seems whenever the club has forward momentum (specifically the Redknapp era and our most recent manager) they have failed to back their guy at the most crucial moments. Our biggest bottlers are the ownership.

Back
Top Bottom