Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing irrelevant no dishonesty from myself,

Yes there is.... You denying it doesnt make it otherwise.

....If there wasn't, you would address the points being put to you by me and the other poster rather than talking about other shit.

You started all this by making a false claim and have spent the subsequent few pages saying all manner of 'off point/off topic' stuff to distract from the fact.

You said: "we were led to believe that covid would call a halt to this [big spending]"

Who led you to believe C19 would prevent the likes of City from throwing their petro-dosh around then...? I've not seen anyone on this forum make that prediction; quite the opposite in fact.

If you're not talking about the likes of City then who are the teams you are alluding to....?

Put up of shut up.

ENIC/Levy have moved the club into another stratosphere in the grand scheme of things and have done marvellous work in laying the foundations for us to close the financial gap.

however in Sporting terms, it seems whenever the club has forward momentum (specifically the Redknapp era and our most recent manager) they have failed to back their guy at the most crucial moments. Our biggest bottlers are the ownership.
No one has doubted the infrastructure hasn't been great because it has, the problem has been issues on the pitch with lack of anything tangible to show.
Getting excited about a come back against an Ajax team that took their foot of the pedal because they were so comfortable doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:
Yes there is.... You denying it doesnt make it otherwise.

....If there wasn't, you would address the points being put to you by me and the other poster rather than talking about other shit.

You started all this by making a false claim and have spent the subsequent few pages saying all manner of 'off point/off topic' stuff to distract from the fact.

You said: "we were led to believe that covid would call a halt to this [big spending]"

Who led you to believe C19 would prevent the likes of City from throwing their petro-dosh around then...? I've not seen anyone on this forum make that prediction; quite the opposite in fact.

If you're not talking about the likes of City then who are the teams you are alluding to....?

Put up of shut up.
There were various comments about covid affecting the wider football world at large even Barcelona got a mention.
You have got touchy because I have dared to critique Mr levy something you take constant umbrage with.

No one has doubted the infrastructure hasn't been great become it has, the problem has been issues on the pitch with lack of anything tangible to show.
Getting excited about a come back against an Ajax team that took their foot of the pedal because they were so comfortable doesn't do it for me.
It was a significant milestone because we’d never been that far in our Entire history, shit football for a league cup won’t do it for me, that’s just 1999.

There were various comments about covid affecting the wider football world at large even Barcelona got a mention.
You have got touchy because I have dared to critique Mr levy something you take constant umbrage with.

Barca haven't spent any big money yet (and they have had financial issues reported irrespective of C19 even then, but that's it's own discussion considering how they are bankrolled).... It's clear as day you were talking about City, Chelsea & United.... It's bogus to pretend otherwise,

I didn't even mention Levy or Spurs.... Stop trying to spin and distract.

The questions transcend Spurs and remain:

Q1. Who led you to believe C19 would prevent the likes of City from throwing their petro-dosh around then...? I've not seen anyone on this forum make that prediction; quite the opposite in fact.

Q2. If you're not talking about the likes of City then who are the teams you are alluding to....?

At approx 5m per game... Accross 19 home games + cups that's north of 100m per year.... + NFL and concert revenue... If you think that's insignificant to any club that isn't run on petro-dollars then you're a blinkered fool.

You won't debate in good faith, so I'm done with you.....

Barca haven't spent any big money yet (and they have had financial issues reported irrespective of C19 even then, but that's it's own discussion considering how they are bankrolled).... It's clear as day you were talking about City, Chelsea & United.... It's bogus to pretend otherwise,

I didn't even mention Levy or Spurs.... Stop trying to spin and distract.

The questions transcend Spurs and remain:

Q1. Who led you to believe C19 would prevent the likes of City from throwing their petro-dosh around then...? I've not seen anyone on this forum make that prediction; quite the opposite in fact.

Q2. If you're not talking about the likes of City then who are the teams you are alluding to....?

At approx 5m per game... Accross 19 home games + cups that's north of 100m per year.... + NFL and concert revenue... If you think that's insignificant to any club that isn't run on petro-dollars then you're a blinkered fool.

You won't debate in good faith, so I'm done with you.....
Spin and distract is your mantra mate now jog on there's a good boy.

Since Poch took over as our manager:
Wenger 2 trophies
Jose 4 trophies
Klopp 2 trophies
Pep 8 trophies
Sarri 2 trophies
Conte 1 trophy
Ranieri 1 trophy

Now one of Arteta or Frank guaranteed to win a trophy.

Ole 0 trophies.

Oh look which group Poch is in

That's not a good look for poch whichever way it is painted. it's not like we didn't get close under him, but he failed to get us over the line just too many times.

ENIC/Levy have moved the club into another stratosphere in the grand scheme of things and have done marvellous work in laying the foundations for us to close the financial gap.

however in Sporting terms, it seems whenever the club has forward momentum (specifically the Redknapp era and our most recent manager) they have failed to back their guy at the most crucial moments. Our biggest bottlers are the ownership.
Stratospheric improvements
Bottlers

:mourfacepalm:

I really don't understand the constant hate for Mourinho.

He could win us the Europa League and FA Cup next season, yet people would still moan he lost to Norwich once and Poch is the Messiah.

Move on.. Mourinho isn't Chelsea manager anymore, and Poch isn't Spurs manager.

Bollocks.
Probably a bad example, I admit, but it seems so many people are so caught up on the past they won't let go and focus on the future.

We'll never know, but I'm willing to bet Mourinho would have won us one of the cups Poch got us far in (semi final and final) That's not to say Poch is a bad manager, he was superb, but he needs to get the taste for winning trophies, the scent of success to realise how important it is.

but he needs to get the taste for winning trophies, the scent of success to realise how important it is
And how sometimes you have to change your style to win those trophies once you’re ahead: the niggly fouls (Fernandinho); the ‘bastard’ players (Ramos); the tedious shutting out the game (Simeone); letting your superstars work on a solid foundation (Real); not playing at 100% tempo all the time (‘Pool this season); winning ugly (MU / SAF)...and so on.

Poch had us playing some beautiful football, but he played too pure to be sustainable as legs aged. Imagine if he’d played to shut the game down at Stamford Bridge? Slowed the pace against MU in the semi-final? Played a low-safe-block against Liverpool for the first ten minutes last year? I hope he’ll learn from that lack of versatility: there’s a reason it’s even taken Bielsa two seasons to get Leeds to the Prem and it’s not money, but he got found out over a really long, physical, season by a physical league. The high-intensity purist football is only sustainable in a two-team league (La Liga; PSG) or with a crazy squad (City).

I really don't understand the constant hate for Mourinho.

He could win us the Europa League and FA Cup next season, yet people would still moan he lost to Norwich once and Poch is the Messiah.

Move on.. Mourinho isn't Chelsea manager anymore, and Poch isn't Spurs manager.
It is possible to argue in favour of Jose without constantly bringing up Poch.

however that means pretending that losing to Bernard Matthews and an energy drink didn’t already happen.

Probably a bad example, I admit, but it seems so many people are so caught up on the past they won't let go and focus on the future.

We'll never know, but I'm willing to bet Mourinho would have won us one of the cups Poch got us far in (semi final and final) That's not to say Poch is a bad manager, he was superb, but he needs to get the taste for winning trophies, the scent of success to realise how important it is.
He probably would’ve won At least those one off games.
Doesn’t mean he would’ve built that team to get them into Such a position . Young players? £5mil net spend?

He probably would’ve won At least those one off games.
Doesn’t mean he would’ve built that team to get them into Such a position . Young players? £5mil net spend?
I’m not bothered about a good net spend. That’s not something to celebrate unless you’re Levy or Lewis.

We all slate Chelsea and City for being run my mafias and oil rigs and buying the league , but let’s not kid ourselves, we’d be over the moon if Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos bought Spurs tomorrow and spent £400m on players.

Well it is what is is. First is first 2nd is nowhere.

we all know we’ve ever improved big time. But as you are new to point out all we have his a couple of runners up medals and a fat cheque from UEFA for the CL run. None of these go in the display cabinet.
You do realise that if you think ENIC have made stratospheric improvements then it’s the manager and players responsibility to take of what goes on on the pitch?

If we are succeeding off the pitch the its not the owners bottling cup finals and title challenges.

You don’t need to tell me second is fuck all, I’m the one who’s been telling your ilk that losing a CL final isn’t better than winning a domestic trophy.

Back
Top Bottom