Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The bolded is what I don't get, it isn't remotely true but that is the case now with the Ndombele apologists is that they have to overrate everything he does to try and justify what is his. The Bournemouth game was typical of him he came on and looked like he was giving it a go for about 5-10 minutes and then shut it down after that.

I don't remember his first year well enough to give much of a report. I do not remember being as frustrated or disappointed with him though, but perhaps I am just repressing those memories having seen how amazing he was to watch for us.
I dont think he had the best game against bournemouth but with some players you can just see it in the way they move, the way they stroke the ball around. Doesn't mean he will be a success but definitely enough to make me want to see more.

Regrettably it does seem like he has attitudinal problems and his entourage seem to like kicking up a fuss so maybe we should just get rid but I really think if he wants to be he can be world class

What the fuck are you talking about have you watched him at all?!?

If you honestly believe that statement then you are obviously a troll, it’s like his thing it’s what he does.

And there we get to see the real weakness of your argument "if you don't agree with me you are a troll. whaaaaaa, whaaaa, whaaaa" It's a such a pathetic argument to throw out when someone is obviously defeated.

I dont think he had the best game against bournemouth but with some players you can just see it in the way they move, the way they stroke the ball around. Doesn't mean he will be a success but definitely enough to make me want to see more.

Regrettably it does seem like he has attitudinal problems and his entourage seem to like kicking up a fuss so maybe we should just get rid but I really think if he wants to be he can be world class

I hope so.

Like I said it is best for us if he is great. I hope he is as good as his supporters think he is and shows it from day 1 next season.

GLC does both those things better than him, more consistently than him and while playing a whole 90 mins.

I also expect Kane could easily out perform him in both if we put him in as a deep lying MF but don't think anyone wants that to be the role for Kane.
Neither of them can dribble aswell as Tanguy can. Gio is a wonderful player but he does not beat players as often or as effortless as Ndombele does, it’s just facts I don’t even need to look at dribble stats to tell you that.

Kane is a brilliant passer but could not pull off that assist as he cannot dribble like Ndombele can. Kane in midfield? Do you need to sit down I’m genuinely worried about your state of mind if you aren’t trolling right now.

And there we get to see the real weakness of your argument "if you don't agree with me you are a troll. whaaaaaa, whaaaa, whaaaa" It's a such a pathetic argument to throw out when someone is obviously defeated.
Not a pathetic argument, it’s just facts. He beats players and passes forwards. He’s done it multiple times would you like some video evidence? You insisted you don’t want youtube videos when I mentioned this before but I’d be happy to show you if you would like? :ledley:

The Villa goal? That was not class. It was cool in the moment but not what I would say is class.

I cannot remember a single time that he beat players and released our attack so can't speak to made up plays by him.
It’s this statement that destroys Any credibility of your argument on this topic, it’s shows that you are either senile or biased and seeing what you want to see.

Neither of them can dribble aswell as Tanguy can. Gio is a wonderful player but he does not beat players as often or as effortless as Ndombele does, it’s just facts I don’t even need to look at dribble stats to tell you that.

Kane is a brilliant passer but could not pull off that assist as he cannot dribble like Ndombele can. Kane in midfield? Do you need to sit down I’m genuinely worried about your state of mind if you aren’t trolling right now.

No need to sit down. I didn't want Kane in midfield just said that he has the talent to do the things you claim Ndombele can except he would do it better.

Dribble stats don't often tell much of the story as you get the same credit for dribbling around Eric Dier which you or I could do as you do for going around Kante or VVD.

Not a pathetic argument, it’s just facts. He beats players and passes forwards. He’s done it multiple times would you like some video evidence? You insisted you don’t want youtube videos when I mentioned this before but I’d be happy to show you if you would like? :ledley:

No I don't want Youtube videos because everyone has "highlight" videos that make them look good, they aren't useful because they aren't representative of what the player is or can do. Every flop in the transfer market has a youtube video of highlights of them right before/after a signing to the get fans hyped up.

To further the point of youtube videos, just watched a highlight video of him where he did nothing impressive at all but folks would claim show his world class "talent."

In fact the best thing in the video may have been a back heel pass from Sissoko to create the play Ndombele lovers will give him credit for. In his highlight videos this dud is getting out played by Sissoko, that is not a good sign.

No I don't want Youtube videos because everyone has "highlight" videos that make them look good, they aren't useful because they aren't representative of what the player is or can do. Every flop in the transfer market has a youtube video of highlights of them right before/after a signing to the get fans hyped up.
Right so let me get this straight. You are claiming that he doesn’t beat players and release the ball forwards, however you won’t accept video evidence that negates your argument, and you don’t want stats that negate your argument? Basically the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going “la la la I can’t hear you” when someone could prove that you are wrong.

I know you’re wrong, and you know you’re wrong. You are just scared of admitting it OR you are trolling which is fair enough I don’t mind a good troll every now and again.

You have no argument, or evidence you just keep claiming the same shit over and over again even when multiple people disagree and cite factual events that prove otherwise.

:dembelefingers:

Right so let me get this straight. You are claiming that he doesn’t beat players and release the ball forwards, however you won’t accept video evidence that negates your argument, and you don’t want stats that negate your argument? Basically the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going “la la la I can’t hear you” when someone could prove that you are wrong.

I know you’re wrong, and you know you’re wrong. You are just scared of admitting it OR you are trolling which is fair enough I don’t mind a good troll every now and again.

You have no argument, or evidence you just keep claiming the same shit over and over again even when multiple people disagree and cite factual events that prove otherwise.

:dembelefingers:

Feel free to show whatever video evidence you want. I said stat evidence often does show what you think it does. Someone posted some great stat from Sissoko from the Palace game, I don't think anyone thinks he was great that game.

Most counting stats only show what happened not why it happened, the quality of what happened or any context.

I already said i watched a "highlight" video of Ndombele that had zero highlights from him and an example of Sissoko making a much better play.

You saying something is evidence does not make it evidence that is the problem you have you think you can just say Ndombele is great and therefore he is, that's not how it works.

Feel free to show whatever video evidence you want. I said stat evidence often does show what you think it does. Someone posted some great stat from Sissoko from the Palace game, I don't think anyone thinks he was great that game.

Most counting stats only show what happened not why it happened, the quality of what happened or any context.

I already said i watched a "highlight" video of Ndombele that had zero highlights from him and an example of Sissoko making a much better play.

You saying something is evidence does not make it evidence that is the problem you have you think you can just say Ndombele is great and therefore he is, that's not how it works.
You watched a highlight video and didn’t see him beat a player and pass it forward?

Troll it is then :mourloopy:

You watched a highlight video and didn’t see him beat a player and pass it forward?

I saw him pass a ball forward yes. It wasn't overly impressive and far from what I would call class.

But if you think making a forward pass is class that could easily explain where our difference of opinion comes from.

Let's be honest, Ndombele's "insane class moments" have been greatly exaggerated. he did a few pirouttes and a good pass or two and like one goal and people are so desperate for him to not be a flop they build him up way too much.

It's such obvious over compensation that it really highlights that even the Ndombele-defence force knows that he's been beyond bad, they simply remain in the denial stage, unlike those of us who have moved on to acceptance.

Talent is nothing if you eat yourself into obesity, can't run and don't apply yourself. Ask Cassano, Ravel, Taraabt or Balotelli. They've got way better highlight reels than mr fatty liver up there.

He is an unreal talent it's easy to see, some of the passes he has done this season no one in our squad can do other than him, if he wants to go tho, get rid for cash or if Mourinho is happy for Skriniar

Can't have him be 'injured' all next season or on he bench, we can't afford that

Yet another out-of-home misadventure risks costing Marcelo #Brozovic dear. The Croatian is no longer incedible for # Inter, who works on the purchase of 2 midfielders. For the 1992 class, however, there are plenty of admirers in the Premier League. #calciomercato

Gazzetta dello Sport - Marcelo Brozovic is at risk of leaving Inter. The board has grown tired of Croatian off-field problems.

Let's be honest, Ndombele's "insane class moments" have been greatly exaggerated. he did a few pirouttes and a good pass or two and like one goal and people are so desperate for him to not be a flop they build him up way too much.

It's such obvious over compensation that it really highlights that even the Ndombele-defence force knows that he's been beyond bad, they simply remain in the denial stage, unlike those of us who have moved on to acceptance.

Talent is nothing if you eat yourself into obesity, can't run and don't apply yourself. Ask Cassano, Ravel, Taraabt or Balotelli. They've got way better highlight reels than mr fatty liver up there.
Think what you like but I’m sticking to facts. Igula Igula is saying that he hasn’t even done a “few pirouettes and a good pass or two” as you put it. He is saying that he has never seen him beat a man and release us with a pass which is bullshit.

I am not arguing whether his talent is over stated, or whether he will come good or not. I am just saying he has shown “flashes of brilliance“ which is where this whole debate started from.

You’ve proved my point in your opening paragraph. I say he has shown flashes of brilliance (beating a player and making a good pass forward). You just word it differently to be condescending but we are saying the same shit. You are agreeing with me.

Back
Top Bottom