Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not bothered about a good net spend. That’s not something to celebrate unless you’re Levy or Lewis.

We all slate Chelsea and City for being run my mafias and oil rigs and buying the league , but let’s not kid ourselves, we’d be over the moon if Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos bought Spurs tomorrow and spent £400m on players.
Meant to add the net spend quip wasn’t to praise us at all it was to show how good a job Poch did but there comes a time you need backing. They failed Redknapp and they failed Poch IMO

No. Much as I love Spurs there is no way I would follow the club if Gates backed us. And for anyone who disagrees then do some research
No businessman at any blue ribbon company around the world is a nice man, they earn their money by being clever ruthless cunts.
Do you honestly think that Lewis and levy are honest by the book people then you are delusional.

Meant to add the net spend quip wasn’t to praise us at all it was to show how good a job Poch did but there comes a time you need backing. They failed Redknapp and they failed Poch IMO
If getting to the CL final was such a massive achievement, and we did that without Kane for practically 4 legs of the quarters and semis, plus no Dembele, is it fair to suggest that the back up actually wasn’t that bad?

Or are you sticking to your “Poch is Jesus” weirdoism?

You don’t bring on a 17yr old to save games with 15 minutes left, it’s the stuff that can break a career before it’s started.
Look at all the shit on here when he missed the penalty, you don’t throw a kid his debut in heated circumstances under massive pressure

That's utter crap you throw someone on if they are good enough. Troy was killing it in every team he played in the natural place to go was in to the first team. Look at Rooney greenwood , Rashford and many others.If you have someone who has handled the pressure in making his international debut and who has been superb in the u 18 and 23's you give him a go . He may not be as good as those players but he might be. Instead Jose stopped him playing in the youth set up slated him in the press. Instead of giving more confidence he did the opposite just to make a point to Levy to try and get him to sign a striker in January

That's utter crap you throw someone on if they are good enough. Troy was killing it in every team he played in the natural place to go was in to the first team. Look at Rooney greenwood , Rashford and many others.If you have someone who has handled the pressure in making his international debut and who has been superb in the u 18 and 23's you give him a go . He may not be as good as those players but he might be. Instead Jose stopped him playing in the youth set up slated him in the press. Instead of giving more confidence he did the opposite just to make a point to Levy to try and get him to sign a striker in January

You’re first line answered your own rant.
Maybe he was deemed not good enough....not everyone is Rooney now are they, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this situation

If getting to the CL final was such a massive achievement, and we did that without Kane for practically 4 legs of the quarters and semis, plus no Dembele, is it fair to suggest that the back up actually wasn’t that bad?

Or are you sticking to your “Poch is Jesus” weirdoism?
You can acknowledge the wonderful CL run and also still say it papered over the cracks in the squad (shown by the horrible league form throughout 2019). Both are possible.

Poch wasn’t perfect but he’d earned the right to rebuild the team. That was my stance. However by the end too much had gone down.

You can acknowledge the wonderful CL run and also still say it papered over the cracks in the squad (shown by the horrible league form throughout 2019). Both are possible.

Poch wasn’t perfect but he’d earned the right to rebuild the team. That was my stance. However by the end too much had gone down.

Yes but you’re not just “acknowledging” at all.
You said ENIC had made “stratospheric” improvements in the same post you called them bottlers.

If you don’t find that a massive contradiction then I can’t help you out here.

What you are talking about, with the CL final, is acknowledging that the team and manager did well to get there but ultimately failed at the last hurdle due to tactics, nerves, mentality and performance.

That night was not ENIC bottling it, because they didn’t buy Wan Bissaka and Grealish.

I don’t think the transfer window cost us this one specific game, do you?

Yes but you’re not just “acknowledging” at all.
You said ENIC had made “stratospheric” improvements in the same post you called them bottlers.

If you don’t find that a massive contradiction then I can’t help you out here.

What you are talking about, with the CL final, is acknowledging that the team and manager did well to get there but ultimately failed at the last hurdle due to tactics, nerves, mentality and performance.

That night was not ENIC bottling it, because they didn’t buy Wan Bissaka and Grealish.

I don’t think the transfer window cost us this one specific game, do you?

how’s that a massive contradiction? They’ve improved the infrastructure tenfold, and Laid a great foundation down, brought the club into the modern era etc.

However when it comes to transfers - yes they’ve bottled it time and again because they are penny wise pound foolish. GKN and Janssen instead of Mane is a prime example, whoever sanctioned buying Aurier over Ricardo Pereira should be sacked (that’s not hindsight talking). Thinking you can do nothing in 2018 and expect improvement/standing pat is madness.

Just look at Liverpool between 2017and 2019. Every year a couple of big pieces/quality depth being created. Lost 4 finals. Still Heavily bolstered the squad, now winners. That’s The difference.

Jose had an expensive shit squad though.
I posted it and asked you who you would want?

You ran off like a little bitch so don’t bring it up again as if we haven’t been there.
From that squad, Zlatan and De Gea would have improved us and that’s with De Gea as back up.
Pogba and Martial if you want some more expensive crap stinking up the place, but don’t fucking tell me that squad was good because it cost a lot.

Was Andy Carroll one of England’s all time best strikers to you? No, so drop the bullshit and debate like an adult.
I didn’t see this so I’ll address it now:
Jose had an expensive shit squad though.
I posted it and asked you who you would want?

You ran off like a little bitch so don’t bring it up again as if we haven’t been there.
From that squad, Zlatan and De Gea would have improved us and that’s with De Gea as back up.
Pogba and Martial if you want some more expensive crap stinking up the place, but don’t fucking tell me that squad was good because it cost a lot.

Was Andy Carroll one of England’s all time best strikers to you? No, so drop the bullshit and debate like an adult.
I love how this implies that Jose had no say in the players brought in - the vast majority of his signings fit the Mourinho profile so what you’re really admitting to Is that Jose needs a blank chequebook to gorge on his increasingly horrific taste in players. £370-400 mil (depending on bonus). Trash trash trash.

DDG and Martial aren’t his signings btw.

I didn’t see this so I’ll address it now:

I love how this implies that Jose had no say in the players brought in - the vast majority of his signings fit the Mourinho profile so what you’re really admitting to Is that Jose needs a blank chequebook to gorge on his increasingly horrific taste in players. £370-400 mil (depending on bonus). Trash trash trash.

DDG and Martial aren’t his signings btw.
No implication whatsoever. He may have made the mistake of signing a load of shite for big money, but the difference is he still finished second and won a cup double with them.

More than we did with the “best squad and manager” for 30 years....

No implication whatsoever. He may have made the mistake of signing a load of shite for big money, but the difference is he still finished second and won a cup double with them.

More than we did with the “best squad and manager” for 30 years....
This shows they still had enough top end talent to make the difference (I.e. Zlatan, Pogba, DDG) to cover up squad flaws.

Spurs simply can’t afford a repeat of such financial waste. We’d be ruined

This shows they still had enough top end talent to make the difference (I.e. Zlatan, Pogba, DDG) to cover up squad flaws.

Spurs simply can’t afford a repeat of such financial waste. We’d be ruined

Good point, but they were still players he brought in to compensate.
Zlatan was free, and to be fair Pogba has never been a 90M talent.
Pretty shit player if you ask me.

I don’t think it’s fair to say that Llorente and Janssen weren’t decent back up at 35M combined.
One had just scored 15 PL goals from the bench and one had just scored 35 in Holland and was just 21.

The manager under used them because his tactic was “Kane”.
Doesn’t make them bad buys at the time of buying though . The same could be said for many players Poch cast aside.
Jose got the rabble to win stuff. We just dumped ours.

Last edited:
well yeh mate because this club are forever the bridesmaids but never the brides. If we are going to get to any more finals, then we need to go about bloody winning the thing. How many more times do we keep saying “ well we was unlucky , next time “ , it’s about time this club achieved proper success. Proper success and accomplishment is winning the final, not losing it.
I do wonder if we had won the League Cup against the Chavs at the beginning of Poch's tenure (insignificant trophy that some people deem it to be), it may have led to bigger things.
Actually at the time, I thought that losing might be a good thing, as it would make them more determined not to go through the agony of losing a final again!
We obviously didn't have a winner's mentality, you can't say that about Jose, he's won everything that can be won. I just hope that his winning streak hasn't come to an end.

You’re first line answered your own rant.
Maybe he was deemed not good enough....not everyone is Rooney now are they, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this situation

He was deemed good enough by everyone else bar Jose. The reason Jose did not play him was because he wanted to sign a striker. Jose has not put faith in youth players. He made to big of a deal coming out with crap each week. Giving Troy 10-15 minutes a game would not harm especially when we were losing or drawing game's. Jose is just outdated in his management style and tactics

He was deemed good enough by everyone else bar Jose. The reason Jose did not play him was because he wanted to sign a striker. Jose has not put faith in youth players. He made to big of a deal coming out with crap each week. Giving Troy 10-15 minutes a game would not harm especially when we were losing or drawing game's. Jose is just outdated in his management style and tactics
And by everyone you mean?
Don’t remember the last manager playing him do you?

I find it pathetic that you are even arguing this.
All the while I bet you didn’t mind Janssen and Llorente sitting at home over the last three years while Kane was rushed back eh?

Oh my God
SHOCK HORROR!!! CHILD STRIKER NOT GIVEN GAMES YET!!!!

I do wonder if we had won the League Cup against the Chavs at the beginning of Poch's tenure (insignificant trophy that some people deem it to be), it may have led to bigger things.
Actually at the time, I thought that losing might be a good thing, as it would make them more determined not to go through the agony of losing a final again!
We obviously didn't have a winner's mentality, you can't say that about Jose, he's won everything that can be won. I just hope that his winning streak hasn't come to an end.
People say Kane has the right to leave for silverware then act like a couple of FA Cups and a Carabou won’t curb his hunger a tad and buy us a few more years with him.

Proper weird that some people think winning certain trophies won’t keep him here, but losing certain finals will.

Back
Top Bottom