Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely as part of a loan is game time? What’s the point of loaning him out and not playing he should be gauranteed playing every week.
I don't think there are any such obligations in a loan deal. That has to depend on the manager at the loaning club. If the loaned in player ends up not delivering but is guaranteed game time over a player that does then that could sink a season.

The Millwall player spoke about being patient with Troy and giving him time to adapt to the Championship so that is good.

Not only do we have space for him he could make up for the stupid Dier signing by making it much easier to sell him.

Punt useless Dier then you have a rotation of Skriniar, Toby and Sanchez. Toby and Skriniar are good enough to do the heavy lifting for Sanchez and then we can pair them for the big games.

Even in Cup games Tanganga can handle the ball playing for Sanchez so that pairing could work as well.
You shouldn't talk so rude about a player of the club you support. Dier isn't the second coming of Maldini, nobody will argue that, but he is a proper footballer and proper Spurs too.

You shouldn't talk so rude about a player of the club you support. Dier isn't the second coming of Maldini, nobody will argue that, but he is a proper footballer and proper Spurs too.

Ugh

I am so tired of people ignoring poor play because he is a "proper Spur."

This isn't kiddie football where everyone gets a medal and an orange slice, its fucking professional football. Its great that he is a "proper Spur" but when he is complete garbage on the field and costs us points in the table then I am sorry but him being a "proper Spur" means shit.

Hang his jersey in the rafters, give him a testinonial, give him a off field position for life if he is a 'proper Spur" but don't keep playing him when it is clear he is not close to good enough.

I am not focused on status or glamour I am focused on quality.

PEH is being signed 100% because of his price. He isn’t even a true DM but he is the best option we can get for the money. Sorry if I don’t get excited because we are signing guys that are adequate.

Last season is a perfect example why are we signing Sessegnon for 30 million if he can’t even make it as a back-up? That wasn’t a glamour signing it was straight out dumb because he was a guy we targeted and could get for the right price rather than spending properly and bringing in an actual solution.

Again if the hope isn’t top 4 then fine come out and say that but Levy keeps talking about being world class, Jose keeps talking about us being Top 4/CL so if that is the case why is it out of line to expect us to sign Top 4/CL players rather than PEH, Max Aarons and Kim Min-Jae?

So was Wyanama, so was Alderwield, so was Eriksen but it is not the sole factor is it? Otherwise we would only buy players with 1 year on their contract. Hojeberg has been one of the leagues better DM, ( as I said he is more of a Carrick style inceptor) is in his prime and doesn’t cost much. He is better than what we have in that postion. It’s is a no brainer on paper but he comes from Southampton and doesn’t cost much which is really the issue here.

I suspect if I looked back in the transfer thread in 2015 you would have been saying the same about the likes of Ali, Tripper, Alderwield and Son. We missed out in that big money Berhahio signing and yet went from 5th to 3rd and where challenging for the league for most of the season.

Our big money top 4 signings - Soldado, Paulinho, Lamela, Ndombele, Sanchez and Lo Celso have been poor to terrible.

But according to some that is the solution to our problems when in fact the model that has got us into the top 4 is the complete opposite.

Last edited:
With Parrott being loaned out and Aurier seemingly on the move it means we’re definitely signing a striker and right back this summer. If we can get £20m for Serge I’ll be happy.

Exactly. Woodward has effed up and his fans rightly call him out for it.

But here our chairman fucks up and we are supposed to with here and say “please sir can we have some more shit pie.”

Woodward really only has fuck ups.

Levy has developed the clubs infrastructure and adopted a model that built a side that could compete with the elite despite not having the resources of those club and when it had massively expanded its liabilities.

If fuck up means a club with the sixth highest revenues in the league finishing 6th then I think it’s time to take a step back.

Woodward really only has fuck ups.

Levy has developed the clubs infrastructure and adopted a model that built a side that could compete with the elite despite not having the resources of those club and when it had massively expanded its liabilities.

If fuck up means a club with the sixth highest revenues in the league finishing 6th then I think it’s time to take a step back.

So you agree that our ambition should only be 6th?

The fuck up is that our club became the first club ever to go two windows without signing anyone in the midst of having our strongest teams in the PL era. If you think having some sort of BS infrastructure justifies that then you are a much more forgiving fan than I.

If all Levy wants us to be is 6th then he should come out and say it and stop with the World Class stadium/facilities and world class club BS.

So you agree that our ambition should only be 6th?

The fuck up is that our club became the first club ever to go two windows without signing anyone in the midst of having our strongest teams in the PL era. If you think having some sort of BS infrastructure justifies that then you are a much more forgiving fan than I.

If all Levy wants us to be is 6th then he should come out and say it and stop with the World Class stadium/facilities and world class club BS.
Get used to it. Could be a very long time before we get top 4 again or win a cup like Woolwich manage to do every few seasons. Unless enic/levy change their ways or we get sold.

Back
Top Bottom