Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You think one summer of spending a reasonable amount for a top 6 team makes up for the previous 3 years of utter neglect?

Didn't we break our trf record in 17/18 too..... ?

....Add to him Serge, Lucas, Llorente, Foyth, Gazzaniga = 100m+

"Utter neglect".... Drama queen.

You were told we'd spend less whilst the stadium was being built..... No-one lied to you. Get over it.

But we had our most successful season ever by getting to the CL final, not signing any players was irrelevant as it was such a successful season
Who said it was our most successful season ever? We were a knackered, injury prone, ageing side that lucked out a lot in pretty much every champions league game bar Dortmund. Not signing any players almost cost us top 4 in 18/19 and not signing a right back and forward last summer did cost us top 4 in 19/20. We're still playing catch up now and thats why we need 5 players at least.

Now, Mourinho wouldn’t say that, he’s already said he wants to win every competition we are in. (I’m sure privately he prefers to win the league but he’s not going to come out and say that). That should be the
So why park the bus again relegation fodder ? our performance against Norwich was awful .Easy to talk about winning every competition we are in , but fact is we were knocked out of the fa cup by an awful Norwich side, all due to Mourinho's negative tactics . A mediocre mid table side have just won the fa cup , so the chance for a trophy was there .

So why park the bus again relegation fodder ? our performance against Norwich was awful .Easy to talk about winning every competition we are in , but fact is we were knocked out of the fa cup by an awful Norwich side, all due to Mourinho's negative tactics . A mediocre mid table side have just won the fa cup , so the chance for a trophy was there .

Guess what....

Just like Jose not winning a cup in his first half season with a raft of injury problems doesn't mean he's a shit coach; nor does the scum scratching their way to an FA cup yesterday mean that Arteta is a good one.

Anyone that says they would have taken Arteta over Jose in November is a liar.

Didn't we break our trf record in 17/18 too..... ?

....Add to him Serge, Lucas, Llorente, Foyth, Gazzaniga = 100m+

"Utter neglect".... Drama queen.

You were told we'd spend less whilst the stadium was being built..... No-one lied to you. Get over it.
Prices have risen dramatically since 2016 most clubs have broken their transfer record over the last few years. Just happened that was the summer we sold Walker for £50m. Oh and Its not difficult to find a quote from Levy saying the stadium build would not affect transfer budget.

Last edited:
Wow what a shit day. I find it frankly amazing that these guys have won the FA Cup and it just goes to show how unlucky we’ve been. They’ve won it more time’s in the last 6 years then we have in 50, despite us having a better team during that period. Let that sink in. So who’s had a better season then? Easy, Woolwich. They win a cup and straight into the group stages of the Europa next season.

Get us a trophy Jose, it’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

They’ve won it 9 times in the 27 years of the EPL era starting in the inaugural EPL season of 1993. Prior to that, over the previous 120 years, we held the record of 8 wins.

When you throw in 7 wins for Chavs, 5 wins for Man U, that’s 21 wins out of 28 between 3 clubs in EPL era. It’s a greatly devalued tournament now because nearly all sides in the top two leagues are trying to tank out of it and are fielding reserve teams up to semi final.

Having said that, a club of our size should be able to negotiate earlier rounds and then have a serious tilt at winning it at the business end.

we haven’t been unlucky - we’ve appeared in 8 FA Cup semi finals since we last won it in 1991 and have lost all 8. That’s just utterly shit, Spursy. Woolwich have won 9 of their last 10 FA Cup Finals. The one they lost to the Bin Dippers in 2001, they were leading with 5 or 6 minutes to go.

Prices have risen dramatically since 2016 most clubs have broken their transfer record over the last few years.

So most clubs are "utterly neglected" then?

Just happened that was the summer we sold Walker for £50m.

Aye... And you seem just like the kind of guy that would pretend that Joe Lewis pocketed the cash from that deal.

I'll ask you like I ask many...

....How much is in this secret pot of money that you're convinced we have but won't spend?
.....Can you show me it anywhere on the company accounts?

So most clubs are "utterly neglected" then?

Aye... And you seem just like the kind of guy that would pretend that Joe Lewis pocketed the cash from that deal.

I'll ask you like I ask many...

....How much is in this secret pot of money that you're convinced we have but won't spend?
.....Can you show me it anywhere on the company accounts?
No secret pot of money i'm not 'that sort of guy' whatever that implies. Its just spend what we earn from transfers, 1 in 1 out. There is no real investment other than that. We ask top dollar for outgoings which holds up our transfers every summer.

No secret pot of money i'm not 'that sort of guy' whatever that implies. Its just spend what we earn from transfers, 1 in 1 out. There is no real investment other than that. We ask top dollar for outgoings which holds up our transfers every summer.

Being self sufficient whilst bringing in 100m worth of players and funding a new stadium isn't "utter neglect"....

You're changing your argument and avoiding the question.

If there is no secret pot of money; then what money should we have been spending?

....Ought to be pretty visible in the company accounts yet not one person who shares your outlook is prepared to quantify their claims from our publicity available accounts. Can't imagine why, can you?

Being self sufficient whilst bringing in 100m worth of players and funding a new stadium isn't "utter neglect"....

You're changing your argument and avoiding the question.

If there is no secret pot of money; then what money should we have been spending?

....Ought to be pretty visible in the company accounts yet not one person who shares your outlook is prepared to quantify their claims from our publicity available accounts. Can't imagine why, can you?
Look at other clubs accounts and you could say the same thing. I' m sticking with utter neglect thanks, we had 4 years of champions league football and bottled it. Why do Levy cultists always think this means spending £100m on a player? I'm talking having a football set up that can identify players and acting early and decisevely in the market. Levy made himself the highest earning CEO in the league, we need to see why.

Look at other clubs accounts and you could say the same thing.

Really? 100m on new players during a stadium build is common place is it? LOL

I' m sticking with utter neglect thanks

Then I'll stick with calling you a drama queen then.

we had 4 years of champions league football and bottled it.

The final? ....One could argue that, yes.

Why do Levy cultists always think this means spending £100m on a player? I'm talking having a football set up that can identify players and acting early and decisevely in the market. Levy made himself the highest earning CEO in the league, we need to see why.

I agree about scouting systems, but don't give me that shit - You were openly moaning about lack of investment in your previous posts.

Debate in good faith or don't bother.

Yeah I think a lot of people assumed as we had mourinho in charge he would go all out for trophies & win them. But the evidence this season doesn't support that. I wouldn't be suprised if we don't get really far in a cup next season either.

Really? 100m on new players during a stadium build is common place is it? LOL

Then I'll stick with calling you a drama queen then.

The final? ....One could argue that, yes.

I agree about scouting systems, but don't give me that shit - You were openly moaning about lack of investment in your previous posts.

Debate in good faith or don't bother.
There is a lack of investment but that doesnt mean spending stupid money on every player, the 2 aren't muturally exclusive. I'm debating in good faith you're the one with the insults. Again i think the highest paid CEO should have a better transfer policy in place. If he has a blinding summer in the market i'll hold my hands up , the problem is we have too many fans that if we have another crap one will never admit it.

Only hope is they sell to a rich new owner who is willing to invest in the team (not assets that make them richer) and take us to the next level.

At this point we’re heading for Everton 2.0 with a nice stadium. Once Kane is gone it’s over and I won’t blame him if he fucks off after another season of embarrassment and disappointment
Totally agree. Owners who are willing to do what it takes to take us to the next level. Without kane we are closer to a mid table team than top 4.

I think Poch was simply conveying the instructions from ENIC at the beginning of the season - focus on competitions that maximize our profits - CL and PL

However - we still had more than enough talent to win either domestic cup at least once - its unforgivable
100%. enic/levy Main objectives are top 4 & as far as you can go in CL. Obviously because they are more profitable. This would have been told to poch.

The Levy that failed to buy a single player in the summer of 2018 to bolster a clearly clapped out squad that had played the whole summer because of the world cup? Credit?
We got there in spite of levy hampering us.

Bottom of the prem NET spend over 5 years weren't we ? I guess that means we earnt less money than Bournemouth and Burnley.

Not any more, no we're not....

But still, where's that money not spent gone? ......Yachts or Stadium? :kanehand:

Anyway, you be envious of B'muff and Burnley if it suits your narrative.

I'm out.

I think we can all agree this thread is aids! I even posted before it should be ended and now look what has happened! Admin Admin please do the honourable thing and lock this thread

As it was under Poch when we went out to Palace twice. If anything they were greater chances than this year if you look at the teams left in the competition then, when the semis were scum, Chelsea and the Manchester clubs.

Back
Top Bottom