Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strangely that game for me was far more painful than the CL final defeat.
Honestly after we lost that semi against Chelsea it felt like we were never going to win anything again.

It was worse, we were at our best and we were the better team for most of the game and even the players thought we were on the way to the final. Everyone was devastated with the result.

It was worse, we were at our best and we were the better team for most of the game and even the players thought we were on the way to the final. Everyone was devastated with the result.
I still can't get my head around how we lost
Although Poch playing Son at left back against a peak Eden Hazard probably didn't help...

Although Poch playing Son at left back against a peak Eden Hazard probably didn't help...

Son was a crazy selection, but it wasn't against Hazard... He didn't even start. They had Willian on that flank with Moses as LWB.

Yeah just checked the match report Hazard was brought off the bench later on although he did score against us.

Yeh, Hazard, Costa & Fabrecunt off the bench....

2 world class goals in 5 mins....

That Matic goal left me utterly broken.....

Last edited:
That 2017 semi against Chelsea was sickening, thought we had them and I can't believe how we managed to lose after Dele equalsied, I was sure we had the momentum to go on and win the game.

One really bad habit that team had was to concede a goal out of nothing, completely against the run of play and the flow of the game, when we seemed completely in control. The FA Cup semi final against Chavs in 2017 and the 2nd leg against Juventus in 2018 two classic cases in point in big knock out games.

Again that’s a by-product of not having a winning mentality. Coach and a group of players who’d never won anything.

12 years FFS, when you think about it the sad reality hits that's we're not a serious club.....we don't even get anything about trophy droughts from the media as the last 25 years has been awful and we're not even taken seriously by them.

Prices have risen dramatically since 2016 most clubs have broken their transfer record over the last few years. Just happened that was the summer we sold Walker for £50m. Oh and Its not difficult to find a quote from Levy saying the stadium build would not affect transfer budget.
Walker is not here now so it’s irrelevant
You are only concerned in the here and now.

12 years FFS, when you think about it the sad reality hits that's we're not a serious club.....we don't even get anything about trophy droughts from the media as the last 25 years has been awful and we're not even taken seriously by them.
Actually it’s 29 years because our last two trophies apparently don’t count and are meaningless.

I’ve even heard the same about the FA Cup so we are talking 1984 really

:mourfacepalm:

Actually it’s 29 years because our last two trophies apparently don’t count and are meaningless.

I’ve even heard the same about the FA Cup so we are talking 1984 really

:mourfacepalm:

well we all know for normal sane people, that’s not the case. That being said, 1 league cup in 24 years is pretty abysmal for a club of our size. A club decorated in history and winning trophies, yet our trophy record during the Prem era is embarrassing. Even worse is that we had such a good team under Pochettino, and even Redknapp, yet failed to win a single dime. Just infuriates me.

well we all know for normal sane people, that’s not the case. That being said, 1 league cup in 24 years is pretty abysmal for a club of our size. A club decorated in history and winning trophies, yet our trophy record during the Prem era is embarrassing. Even worse is that we had such a good team under Pochettino, and even Redknapp, yet failed to win a single dime. Just infuriates me.

The reality is £s came first and the dream of the CL. Then probably just a lack of really big signings hamstrung us- the times we needed that final piece or 2 of the jigsaw we didn’t do it.

C’est la vie. Can’t change that now.

But in fairness Levy has appointed a proven winning manager on big money.

So let’s see how this one works out. Experience of winning the very top club trophies at manager level is something we have lacked in a managerial appointment for how long?

Going back Graham? Ramos? We won something........... It is a change of tack for Levy anyway.

So I think we have to give Mourinho this season to prove his worth.

Yep. That decision fucked it for us. Nobody understood it and it was the first moment where my doubts over Poch’s management in big games crept in. Utterly bizarre and probably lost us the game.

Yep. That decision fucked it for us. Nobody understood it and it was the first moment where my doubts over Poch’s management in big games crept in. Utterly bizarre and probably lost us the game.

I love Poch but the decision to drop Lucas for the CL final was his downfall and I reckon the team turned on him from there. Who knows, we probably would of lost anyway being the bottle jobs that we are, but who in their right mind drops the player that scored a hatrick to get you to the final. I just don’t understand Pochettino’s reasoning. Surely he could of played both Harry and Lucas.

I love Poch but the decision to drop Lucas for the CL final was his downfall and I reckon the team turned on him from there. Who knows, we probably would of lost anyway being the bottle jobs that we are, but who in their right mind drops the player that scored a hatrick to get you to the final. I just don’t understand Pochettino’s reasoning. Surely he could of played both Harry and Lucas.

I think the reasoning behind it was Kane is our leader and talisman as well as a pretty handy goal threat in his own right, and that leaving out our superstar in such a big game would be pretty crazy. Plus we all know Lucas is mercurial.

That said, Kane patently wasn't fully fit. As a result Van Dyke had probably the easiest 90 minutes he had all season.

I think the reasoning behind it was Kane is our leader and talisman as well as a pretty handy goal threat in his own right, and that leaving out our superstar in such a big game would be pretty crazy. Plus we all know Lucas is mercurial.

That said, Kane patently wasn't fully fit. As a result Van Dyke had probably the easiest 90 minutes he had all season.

Then you play Harry and Lucas at the same time instead of Dele Ali who has been dogshit for 2 years now. I get wanting to play our star player, but you don’t drop the guy that has single handily dragged us into the final with a hatrick. Worse decision Poch has ever made and undoubtedly cost him his job.

Also people crying about Jose playing Vorm in the first round v relegation fodder but have no problem with Poch playing Vorm in a semi final against Man U...

Back
Top Bottom