Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Woolwich team(s) from 2006-2013 were much better than the 2013-2020 teams and got to a CL final including being in multiple competitive league campaigns and a league cup final yet ultimately won nothing in that time yet the lower quality teams from 2013-2020 have won 4 FA Cups.....maybe it's something we can do also, as in maybe we won't be as exciting or outright good at our best in the next few years but maybe we can finally bag a trophy.

Serious question. What season would you prefer ?

Spurs - we finished 6th - got Europa cup place but have to play and win in the long winded qualifying stages before we enter it proper

Woolwich - finished 8th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

Give me Arsenals season any day of the week. Only person it benefits is Daniel Levy. 6th means jack shit now. Would much rather of finished 10th and won the FA cup

Last edited:

Spurs - we finished 6th - got Europa cup place but have to play and win in the long winded qualifying stages before we enter it proper

Woolwich - finished 10th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

Give me Arsenals season any day of the week. Only person it benefits is Daniel Levy. 6th means jack shit now. Would much rather of finished 10th and won the FA cup
Obviously finishing 8th & winning Fa cup is better than coming 6th I doubt anyone would say different tbh

Woolwich - finished 10th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

In the end a season is mainly defined by what you win and what it means for next season (EL, CL, relegation etc.).

Woolwich: FA Cup, group stage EL
Spurs: won fuck all (again), second qualifying round EL

It has been very frustrating for them at times as well, but their season was much more of a 'success'.

And yeah, it also bothers me that Poundland Guardiola has won more in his first season as a manager than we did over a long period of time.

Them winning the cup changed everything in my mind.As i posted elsewhere,this is their worse season in a generation. Yet they have a trophy and are better placed in Europe next season.

12 years FFS, when you think about it the sad reality hits that's we're not a serious club.....we don't even get anything about trophy droughts from the media as the last 25 years has been awful and we're not even taken seriously by them.
This. In a way, I'd rather we are routinely mocked...shows we're regarded as a big club but we're ignored. We're just a slightly better Everton, Newcastle etc

Woolwich - finished 8th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

Look at it from a player point of view rather than a fan point of view.
Do you think winning the FA Cup is going to make PEA turn down an offer from an Elite club in Europe?
Do you think high class players abroad will look at Woolwich as an attractive proposition to go to? Lets mirror it in another league, if you're a hot prospect, would you join Getafe on the basis they won the Copa Del Rey? (they're 8th in La Liga)

Since football became such a global business, domestic cups have become less and less recognized around the world.
Years ago, no one gave a shit about the World Club Cup or the Super Cup final. Now they're becoming more important than domestic cups.

Look at it from a player point of view rather than a fan point of view.
Do you think winning the FA Cup is going to make PEA turn down an offer from an Elite club in Europe?
Do you think high class players abroad will look at Woolwich as an attractive proposition to go to? Lets mirror it in another league, if you're a hot prospect, would you join Getafe on the basis they won the Copa Del Rey? (they're 8th in La Liga)

Since football became such a global business, domestic cups have become less and less recognized around the world.
Years ago, no one gave a shit about the World Club Cup or the Super Cup final. Now they're becoming more important than domestic cups.
Honestly watching the game and the amount of emotion makes you realize how much actually winning a title matters to a player. The same I felt when Lucas scored that last minute goal against Ajax... the glory, the winning, makes a huge difference to players and the team spirit.

What really matters though is being able to offer Europe and not - same for us. The money, and the exposure.

This. In a way, I'd rather we are routinely mocked...shows we're regarded as a big club but we're ignored. We're just a slightly better Everton, Newcastle etc

Newcastle????? ....FFS!!! :mourcheeks:

We have been for the last decade or more..... Because we mattered and were resented for being in the mix and got constantly undermined by the media trying to sell off all our best assets.

We've had a shit season and still finished 6th. Get some perspective.

12 years FFS, when you think about it the sad reality hits that's we're not a serious club.....we don't even get anything about trophy droughts from the media as the last 25 years has been awful and we're not even taken seriously by them.

We do though.

Yeh, Hazard, Costa & Fabrecunt off the bench....

2 world class goals in 5 mins....

That Matic goal left me utterly broken.....
The Matic goal fucked with my head too. Being as neutral as possible both teams could have won with the odd goal in 5 but to lose 4-2 knocked “it” out of our boys. I suspect it harmed us long term

Honestly watching the game and the amount of emotion makes you realize how much actually winning a title matters to a player. The same I felt when Lucas scored that last minute goal against Ajax... the glory, the winning, makes a huge difference to players and the team spirit.

What really matters though is being able to offer Europe and not - same for us. The money, and the exposure.

And then he got benched for a crocked Kane because Poch wasn't brave enough to start Harry on the bench for the biggest game in our history.

Newcastle????? ....FFS!!! :mourcheeks:

We have been for the last decade or more..... Because we mattered and were resented for being in the mix and got constantly undermined by the media trying to sell off all our best assets.

We've had a shit season and still finished 6th. Get some perspective.

We do though.

Yep this is not it, we've returned to our pre-poch days as a potential banana skin for better teams rather than actually being one of those better teams.

Yep this is not it, we've returned to our pre-poch days as a potential banana skin for better teams rather than actually being one of those better teams.

Eh? Feels like an entirely hollow retort to me.... This is not what?

Perhaps revisit and review this premature sentiment at the end of next season.

We got 7/9 points from teams above us in the last couple of months.

I repeat:

We've had a shit season and [yet] still finished 6th [enough points under Jose to equate to 4th IIRC]. Get some perspective.

Eh? Feels like an entirely hollow retort to me.... This is not what?

Perhaps revisit and review this premature sentiment at the end of next season.

We got 7/9 points from teams above us in the last couple of months.

I repeat:

We've had a shit season and [yet] still finished 6th [enough points under Jose to equate to 4th IIRC]. Get some perspective.

Sorry I'm not excited or satisfied about finishing 6th like you.

Back
Top Bottom