Troy Deeney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The flipside here is that with our HGP situation the way it is, senior English players are in some sense "free".

And with our striker situation the way it is, it makes a certain amount of sense to just get a body there, sort of in the way United did with Ighalo.

If Deeney costs next to nothing, one could reasonably ask the question why not?

Will he come and tolerate being a bench warmer though?
I read that he wants to get back in the England team.He wont do that being Kane's spare part.
That's the problem we have.No established decent age striker will do that.
We either have to use a youngster looking to prove himself or an old war horse coming to the end of his days.
Or change the way we play.
I can see them both playing, whereas Deeney would just be a bench warmer.
Wilson is class compared to D

This thread is cancer.

This thread is peak....

(Not sure peak what; but def. peak.)

Don't let the dream die!

_113125319_deeney_getty.jpg

I don't want to see Troy Deeney in a Spurs shirt.

But for the record he's probably better than a lot of the shit I've seen in a Spurs shirt.
Rasiak
Rebrov
Postiga
Zamora
Andy Booth.....
Janssen
Soldado
Darren Bent
Saha
Frazier Campbell

I get the snobbery that Deeney should be beneath us, but he's better than all of the above players, many of whom were welcomed with open arms by the fanbase.
He is not better than either Bent or Rebrov the rest...well yes.

He is not better than either Bent or Rebrov the rest...well yes.

I assume the list is regarding the payers hes seen in Spurs shirts.

If nots, it's a laughable list.

Saha was some player. And definitely better than Deeney at practically everything.

In fact, even then Saha at Spurs was probably then Deeney.

I assume the list is regarding the payers hes seen in Spurs shirts.

If nots, it's a laughable list.

Saha was some player. And definitely better than Deeney at practically everything.

In fact, even then Saha at Spurs was probably then Deeney.

Well obviously, I'm not talking about his time at Man Utd because that has zero bearing on his time at Spurs.

By the time we got Saha he was washed up. He played 10 games total and scored 3 goals. I remember one good performance against Newcastle a game I was at, beyond that it was clear he was past his sell by date. So for Spurs it was a pointless signing.

And Rebrov was far too light weight for the premier league, bullied off the ball constantly. Wasn't cut out for the PL.

If you want to call my list laughable fair enough that's your opinion, but at least argue in good faith. I clearly wasn't talking about Saha at other clubs.

I think some of you are suffering from a form of 'cabin fever'. No football seems to have oodled the minds, threads on Deeney and a petition for Amazon to buy the club are just two of the latest gems!

WOW!

Well obviously, I'm not talking about his time at Man Utd because that has zero bearing on his time at Spurs.

By the time we got Saha he was washed up. He played 10 games total and scored 3 goals. I remember one good performance against Newcastle a game I was at, beyond that it was clear he was past his sell by date. So for Spurs it was a pointless signing.

And Rebrov was far too light weight for the premier league, bullied off the ball constantly. Wasn't cut out for the PL.

If you want to call my list laughable fair enough that's your opinion, but at least argue in good faith. I clearly wasn't talking about Saha at other clubs.

But hes not better then half the names you mentioned. Even the Spurs versions.

Back
Top Bottom