Alcohol ban to be lifted?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good Idea?

• Yes, good idea.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No, bad idea.

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Yes I know the original source is The Daily Mail, however is this likely in your opinion? More importantly would you be for or against it?

Drinking in the stands at football matches has been banned since 1985
Football fans could be allowed to drink alcohol in the stands next season, as the footballing authorities consider ways of allowing fans back into stadiums in the safest way possible, according to a Daily Mail exclusive.

The drinking ban, written into law in the Sporting Events Act 1985, was introduced by Margaret Thatcher's government during an era of rife hooliganism and outlaws 'the consumption of alcohol within view of the playing area'.

Discussions are ongoing around how to bring fans back into stadiums in a safe manner amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and after 35 years, the ban could be lifted in an attempt to minimise crowding in the concourse.

Can’t think of anything worse than being in my seat and get covered in beer when we score.

There’s no need for it. If you can’t wait for 45mins then you’ve got a problem

If it means more people up and down to go to the bar and climbing over me for piss breaks then nah......

Now I love a booze, but it was even getting on my nerves during the Champs League Final having to constantly stand up so people could get beer during the game

Just can't do the pints anymore.
Have one upstairs, have a pee before going downstairs, need another one downstairs, go to seat, ten minutes later need to go again...
:dierno:

they’re worried about fans queuing in the concourse, but not sitting right next to each other in the stands?

or packed in the tube on the way to/from the match?

:deledoubt:

Can’t think of anything worse than being in my seat and get covered in beer when we score.

There’s no need for it. If you can’t wait for 45mins then you’ve got a problem

I've been covered in non-alcoholic drinks numerous times. Either you have drinks at your seat, or you don't

Now I love a booze, but it was even getting on my nerves during the Champs League Final having to constantly stand up so people could get beer during the game
Maybe through traffic with drinks should be stopped after a certain point to discourage it.
Or beer service to seats/rows

Wouldn't mind this at all. The 15 minute (minus queuing) half time pint is a little rushed.
:levywtf:

HT is the worst time due to the drinkers. You can't piss, you can't get a snack/soft drink, it's chockablock.
You also encourage the drinkers to power drink before a game and at half time which actually causes worse behaviours than steady drinking . Vomitting, relentless piss breaks, drunken bullshit etc is far more obvious on someone who's necked 7 points in an hour.

Will be fine by the time they introduce quarter time & three quarter time as well as half time to make it more like American football and fit in more advertising time.
:mourfacepalm:

So:
- Getting soaked with thrown pints every time we score (OK, that doesn't happen very often)
- Having to stand every five minutes to let someone through with five pints for their mates
- Having to stand every five minutes for same person to take a piss
- No cup holders, so pints being constantly kicked over (beer and/or piss)
- Resting feet/shopping bag/coat in streams of beer/piss from rows above
- Getting soaked with thrown glasses of piss every time we get on the wrong end of another dodgy VAR decision

What's there not to like? :avbcringe:

I would personally be up for it, id have one beer per half and can’t see that causing me to go to the toilet any more than the usual at the moment which is skulling a pint before ko and at half time

means half time will be a lot easier for everyone to get what they want as won’t be as many people racing for the beers

Back
Top Bottom