Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ndombele with his short time on the pitch has shown us far far more in the midfield than Sissoko/Winks ever have.

His fitness may be questionable but he's joined a new league and had many injuries. I'm hoping to give him another chance next season. The potential is so good and I feel like it'd be such a waste to sign him because
a) We beat a lot of top European teams to his signature
b) He could be one of the best CM'S in the world
c) We'll be back to Sissoko and Winks again :(

yeah, he's not enough to be the main man, but PEH and Winks side-by-side with Ndombele just in front would be very interesting for me.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong about Winks. But I've had my knife, fork and ketchup ready for so long I have sore hands and am starving.
Winks is a waste of a place on the pitch.

I can stomach him when we're 2-0 up and want to just slow things down. That's all he offers.

To win things you need players that can do things other players cannot. like Gazza, Hoddle etc. They win matches for you although they need backup players like Winks. With Eriksen gone there are only Kane and to a lesser extent Son capable of winning a match for you by doing something special. Lo Celso looks promising but is not there yet. N'dombele could also be that special player as I have seen him beat players and create space. Taarabt was also that kind of a player. Will N'dombele be the next Eriksen or Gazza or maybe a flop as Taarabt. unless an offer that we cannot refuse comes in then we must give him a chance and see if he can step up.

I'll eat my words if I'm wrong about Winks. But I've had my knife, fork and ketchup ready for so long I have sore hands and am starving.
Winks is a waste of a place on the pitch.

I can stomach him when we're 2-0 up and want to just slow things down. That's all he offers.

Haha, I know what you mean! Them words are looking reeaaal salty. I've seen some flashes of lovely play from him and wonder if it's game-time or support he needs. Maybe he's never going to take the next step, but hope springs eternal. I love the guy, but if PEH doesn't help him show up then it's hard to see what else we can do.

On a similar note, if Winks loses out, Skipp seems like a promising alternative looking at those stats.

yeah, he's not enough to be the main man, but PEH and Winks side-by-side with Ndombele just in front would be very interesting for me.

GLC is then on the bench in that scenario? Or playing on the wing?

If we are starting Winks, PEH and Ndombele ahead of GLC next year that might rival starting Winks and Sissoko all year long this year in terms of horrible decisions.

Ndombele with his short time on the pitch has shown us far far more in the midfield than Sissoko/Winks ever have.

His fitness may be questionable but he's joined a new league and had many injuries. I'm hoping to give him another chance next season. The potential is so good and I feel like it'd be such a waste to sign him because
a) We beat a lot of top European teams to his signature
b) He could be one of the best CM'S in the world
c) We'll be back to Sissoko and Winks again :(

What other top European teams were after him? Tbh, I didn’t pay much heed last summer to our courtship of Ndombele.

Keane was an utter scum bag, but the flexibility, dedication and skill set were off the chart.
One of the best CMs that ever played football.

I don’t expect Ndombele to be Roy Keane or Lampard, but I’m baffled as to what people have seen in him that convinced them there is some kind of Zidane hidden in there, trapped in a Michelin Man suit.
Apparently it’s ok to jog around the pitch as long as you flick the ball over someone’s head once a game.

i want him to come good more than anyone, but at the moment I’d rather have Sissoko in midfield because at least he tries

and that’s saying something because Sissoko is so flawed as a footballer, and that’s been made massively apparent this season

What other top European teams were after him? Tbh, I didn’t pay much heed last summer to our courtship of Ndombele.

Well apparently Barcelona and Inter Milan have inquired about him this summer, after what is being regarded as a poor season under his belt.
It doesn't come across as unbelievable he was being watched by those teams and more last summer off the back of a very good season.

Well apparently Barcelona and Inter Milan have inquired about him this summer, after what is being regarded as a poor season under his belt.
It doesn't come across as unbelievable he was being watched by those teams and more last summer off the back of a very good season.
he's a little on the young side for barca these days

Interesting though that I can't recall any 'negative' story about Ndombele wanting to leave or significant problem with JM has originated from in or around Spurs, even when JM has been questioned about Ndombele not playing.

A few stories in foreign media about Inter and Barcelona being interested which suggestes to me that its being orchestrated by the players entourage potentially wanting to move him on - if it had been the club, we'd have heard more in UK media either directly or being leaked.

With 5 years left on his contract, the ball is in Spurs hands, and I can't see him moving unless a major offer (say at his purchase price or higher) comes in whether all cash or player plus cash. So I'd put it at 50/50 at best that he moves this summer, which might be overly generous - might even be 90/10 that he stays - but depends on Inter, Barcelona or anyone else coming up with a big offer and that I doubt.

Last edited:
Interesting though that I can't recall any 'negative' story about Ndombele wanting to leave or significant problem with JM has originated from in or around Spurs, even when JM has been questioned about Ndombele not playing.

A few stories in foreign media about Inter and Barcelona being interested which suggestes to me that its being orchestrated by the players entourage potentially wanting to move him on - if it had been the club, we'd have heard more in UK media either directly or being leaked.

With 5 years left on his contract, the ball is in Spurs hands, and I can't see him moving unless a major offer (say at his purchase price or higher) comes in whether all cash or player plus cash. So I'd put it at 50/50 at best that he moves this summer, which might be overly generous - might even be 90/10 that he stays - but depends on Inter, Barcelona or anyone else coming up with a big offer and that I doubt.
No shit the club in whose interests it is to keep his value high isn't leaking negative stories about him

Jesus

Not sure he's gonna leave anymore but Ndombele was benched and not picked for tons of games and Mourinho was openly disappointed in him in press conferences.

He is under contract obviously but if he doesn't perform soon his value will tank and we lose a 60m asset and stuck with a player who isn't performing and a 10m a year contract.

No shit the club in whose interests it is to keep his value high isn't leaking negative stories about him

Jesus

Not sure he's gonna leave anymore but Ndombele was benched and not picked for tons of games and Mourinho was openly disappointed in him in press conferences.

He is under contract obviously but if he doesn't perform soon his value will tank and we lose a 60m asset and stuck with a player who isn't performing and a 10m a year contract.

I think JM's words in press conferences were deliberately chosen so as not to destroy any relationship with him, but to try to give him a kick up the backside....and definitely not to destroy him and his reputation/value as a player

If he stays (imo the likely position) he'll play at Spurs providing he shows the fitness required and desire to win - but if Inter, Barca or anyone else comes in with a stnking offer he may leave. Think its probably been made clear to Ndombele and his entourage the ball is in their court about playing time.

Just can't see us shifting the club record signing after one fitness and pandemic marred season. The idea of it is pretty shitty. Give him a chance to get something of a proper season under his belt.

Ndombele is gonna be alright, and all his doubters are gonna feel like tits.

To win things you need players that can do things other players cannot. like Gazza, Hoddle etc. They win matches for you although they need backup players like Winks. With Eriksen gone there are only Kane and to a lesser extent Son capable of winning a match for you by doing something special. Lo Celso looks promising but is not there yet. N'dombele could also be that special player as I have seen him beat players and create space. Taarabt was also that kind of a player. Will N'dombele be the next Eriksen or Gazza or maybe a flop as Taarabt. unless an offer that we cannot refuse comes in then we must give him a chance and see if he can step up.
My old football coach always said that I can do things other players cannot or don’t even think about. I don’t think he was praising me though hence most of my non existent professional career has been spent on football forums

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom