Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my worst nightmares I didn't dream we would sign him . When I put a list of dm's I would like to sign he is not on any of them . He definitely would not make my top ten of players we could get not Kante or Casemiro. Obviously my number one is Ndidi I even had Javi Martinez on there and I do not believe in signing older players I do believe in keeping older players .There were so many but in typical Spurs fashion we went for the cheap version. I am gutted we got linked with Sergej Savic a true wc cm . He has a bit of everything and would have took us to another level
:deledoubt:

Also, Everton made him an offer. He could have considered it. We could have lost him, or he could have forced our hand into paying him more money. Who knows? This fantastic piece of business by Levy and the club was very much helped by Hojbjerg himself, who made absolutely clear for everybody that he wanted to join Tottenham. He did everything in his power to play for us, and now it's all done: early in the window, for KWP and 3m. I think Tottenham fans should appreciate his effort.

I think eternal moaners are having a cry because Everton made him an offer rather than Manure. Probably because we came second once a few years ago.

:mourcheeks:

energy-mourinho-hello.jpg

Pheww in less than 24 hours our new signing is being lauded as Winks-lite & already written off.

Is that a record?

Let's be honest here, this fella has been in the shop window for the last 4 years at Southampton where everything is always for sale and never overly impressed, nobody else really wanted him and we wait until he's on special offer to make the purchase.

We need a solid DM so this isn't a bad thing but it says a lot about the ambition of the club when this is the best they can muster.

"But Coranavirus will affect finances" The cult will scream, Lille just signed a striker for 30 million FFS

Let's be honest here, this fella has been in the shop window for the last 4 years at Southampton where everything is always for sale and never overly impressed, nobody else really wanted him and we wait until he's on special offer to make the purchase.

We need a solid DM so this isn't a bad thing but it says a lot about the ambition of the club when this is the best they can muster.

"But Coranavirus will affect finances" The cult will scream, Lille just signed a striker for 30 million FFS
Just think we wouldn't have even bought him had they not given us £12 million for KWP!
:levylol:

I'm going to be a bit kinder to you than some of my more direct colleagues on here...

FUCK OFF

I bet I am not the only one to think this. We are aiming for the top 4 . He is not a top 4 signing. You sign players to improve your team but I cannot see how he improves us he is know better than what we have .Dier ,Winks and Sissoko are all as good if not better. All we will be doing is playing like for like . Honestly admit would he have been on your list or would you have hoped for better. I always want Tottenham to be better than the last season and all I can see is us be the same boring Tottenham or worse. Hojbjerg offers nothing except he can tackle but then he goes backwards or sideways and we already have Winks

I’m gonna stop you right there. You’re going to be the second person I have to lecture about using words by their meaning aren’t I.

I didn’t say he was great.
You said he can only pass it backwards and sideways.

If I post clips of him passing it forward, that makes you wrong. Nothing to do with skill levels.

Okay he can pass forwards just 90% of the time he plays it safe .

We have made a huge fuck up letting him go.

Thankfully it's to you guys and not a rival for top 5.

Well, there was reason why none of the teams in top 10 not to even mention top 5 (even mentioning this seems like an weird joke) were never interested in him.
FFS the kid weighs 62 kg. Sure, he'll have few good games against faster but less physical opponents such as Sterling. But he will also be overplayed with absurd ease by stronger players (like vs West Ham, where likes of Antonio just stepped past him) and he will also make mistakes like vs ManU where his defending literally cost Soton potential win.

But hey, if one is okay with this level, guess he's the right player for you (this line was meant to the Soton fan, not to John)

We spent £55mn on Ndombele & he was regarded as the second coming.

Nobody ever knows for certain how any given transfer will work out.

Apart from social media experts obviously.

Back
Top Bottom