Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some expensive higher risk transfers produce a poor ROI alas never sign expensive players , Cult of Levy mantra

And I'm not cult of Levy...I'm just realistic.

For example, I will say that I was jealous for a while that Chelsea signed Pulisic. I thought that was exactly the signing we should be going for. When the smoke clears though you remember we have Son who plays there. He's pretty good so maybe the money can go somewhere else...

Not the point at all, we should simply show ambition in every summer transfer window and stop looking for excuses why we can't spend like our rivals.

We could offer more money in transfer fees than our rivals. We could offer more in wages than our rivals. Players will still join other teams

Would you have rathered we paid £50 million for Hojbjerg?

We could offer more money in transfer fees than our rivals. We could offer more in wages than our rivals. Players will still join other teams

Would you have rathered we paid £50 million for Hojbjerg?

Yeah I'd rather not sign the players the coach would ideally like and go for less a valuable imitation that's available for a reduced fee but then pay treble the price to balance the universe, wtf is that question?

You believe players won't come to us if we offer higher transfer fees and wages why?

Yeah I'd rather not sign the players the coach would ideally like and go for less a valuable imitation that's available for a reduced fee but then pay treble the price to balance the universe, wtf is that question?

You believe players won't come to us if we offer higher transfer fees and wages why?
It's like a cult of brainwashed lemmings lead by their chief Airfixx Airfixx , mate - you are wasting your time

I can't see why this signing is dividing opinion, the more I see and hear from him I get the feeling this is a good signing.
He seems to have a good focused head on him, along with a strong sense of team ethic and a real winning desire.
Sometimes a signing doesn't have to cost 100m to be effective, this player does a lot of what people don't really see or appreciate, every great team has to have a water carrier a crude reference but an effective one.

So now you know Jose didn't want him?

I'm not saying they all won't. All I'm saying is that, despite offering more money in fees and wages, we can't buy everyone. Plus some players just won't have dreamed of playing for Spurs. Some dream of playing for Man Utd or Liverpool or Real, etc unfortunately. In those cases they'd take less money to go there instead of us.

Amazingly some players are idiots who don't realise how awesome Spurs are :)

Really don't see why people are whinging tbh. We've brought him in to do a very specific job. Break up the play and win the ball back.

Is he good at that? Yes, he is.

Is he going to spray fucking passes about like Lionel fucking Messi...no, he is not. And that's not why we've signed him.

Good deal, job done, on to the next target.

Be interesting to see the line up in our first game of the season.

I think he has the attributes of a conventional CM. I don't think he can do the holding role himself.
Think Mourinho would like 2 ball winners in midfield. IMO Winks is most at danger of losing his place than Sissoko.

Anticipate this to be our midfield first game.

Hojbjerg - Sissoko
GLC

EFFECTIVE PLAYER IN A MUCH NEEDED POSITION SIGNED BY SPURS GIVES IMPRESSIVE INTERVIEW AFTER UNVEILING AT HOTSPUR WAY☆

☆ Dumb cunts convinced we should have signed Mbappe, Messi, Sancho, Zidane and Pele. Slagging off the chairman and actual spurs fans ensue's ☆

:levyeyes:

AVERAGE PLODDER SIGNED BY SPURS GIVES IMPRESSIVE INTERVIEW AFTER UNVEILING AT HOTSPUR WAY☆

☆ fans convinced he's a worldbeater. Sucking off the chairman ensue's ☆
Or alternatively.
Capable player in position we need signs and genuinely sounds pleased to be here and speaks well of club and where he sees it and him going in the future.

Give the bloke a chance.

Back
Top Bottom