Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This article claims he priced himself out of the Juventus gig.
He was one of the five best paid managers in the world or something like that when with us and Juventus don't exactly have stellar finances (lots of money tied up in the old guard) so that seems reasonable.

Another explanation is that Juventus never appoint a manager that hasn't at least played in Italy as a player.

He was one of the five best paid managers in the world or something like that when with us and Juventus don't exactly have stellar finances (lots of money tied up in the old guard) so that seems reasonable.

Another explanation is that Juventus never appoint a manager that hasn't at least played in Italy as a player.
There is also a third possible explanation, maybe they don't rate him. (Just saying)

According to this Newcastle were after an italian coach and not Poch. Although I guess he could of turned them down.

"I know they were also looking for an Italian coach, [Massimiliano] Allegri or [Luciano] Spalletti."

I absolutely love Poch and he did a great job with us. Obviously he wasn't perfect, his record in cups should have been better, but he should be remembered for the good times rather than the bad. I agreed with his departure, it was time for both parties to go in different directions. Hopefully Pochettino can get a few trophies somewhere else in Europe, and maybe even return to win things with us in the future.

If Poch takes the Barca job as the papers are promoting then he would lose all respect from me after repeatedly saying he could never manage them. I do hope it is just the usual rubbish newspaper talk.

If Poch takes the Barca job as the papers are promoting then he would lose all respect from me after repeatedly saying he could never manage them. I do hope it is just the usual rubbish newspaper talk.

Last time this subject came up :
Poch claimed that taking over at Woolwich or Barcelona were at the very bottom of his list of priorities due to his affiliation with Tottenham and Espanyol.
"I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Woolwich," he told reporters at his weekly press conference. "That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places."

Tough to go back on such an emphatic statement. I can't see him going there, ever.

Last time this subject came up :
Poch claimed that taking over at Woolwich or Barcelona were at the very bottom of his list of priorities due to his affiliation with Tottenham and Espanyol.
"I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Woolwich," he told reporters at his weekly press conference. "That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places."

Tough to go back on such an emphatic statement. I can't see him going there, ever.
He’s already gone back on this

“I don’t want to disrespect Barcelona. I could have said things differently”

“Maybe now I wouldn’t because in life you never know what might happen”

He’s already gone back on this

“I don’t want to disrespect Barcelona. I could have said things differently”

“Maybe now I wouldn’t because in life you never know what might happen”
Ahh my apologies then. Didn't realise he had retracted those comments. That could quite well leave the door open.

Same for me. I still hold him in pretty high regard. However his retraction comments smack of a come and get me plea. And if that turns out to be the case then I can finally be fully pleased that he is no longer our coach.

Poch taking the Barca job is not a good idea for him. Forget the comments he has made, they are a disaster of a club. It is possible that the board goes and they make some smart moves to get on the righttrack again, but the fans will have no room for patience. It is a time bomb of a job for him.

Back
Top Bottom