Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he was meh myself. Defensively ok but wasn’t much to do.

offensively when on instinct was alright but when he had time he made bad decisions. Step over after step over instead of just playing in quickly to a team mate in space.

No idea why he kept coming inside on to his left when he can’t do anything using it.

Thought i was alone as social media seems to think he was MoM and ready to be our second choice RB 😱

I don't think you can realistically judge any player on a pre-season friendly against a league 1 side.
I remember when we won all the preseason games under Ramos and we beat Roma 5-0 and Bentley scored 2 goals. Look how that season turned out...

Thought he was meh myself. Defensively ok but wasn’t much to do.

offensively when on instinct was alright but when he had time he made bad decisions. Step over after step over instead of just playing in quickly to a team mate in space.

No idea why he kept coming inside on to his left when he can’t do anything using it.

Thought i was alone as social media seems to think he was MoM and ready to be our second choice RB 😱

Agree with you on this one.

League 1 opposition shouldnt really be giving him the run around, especially when we are playing a back 3, so hes still untested defensively and the question mark is can he be close to water tight consistently there if we play at 433. Doubtful as its not his natural position.

The intensity dropped off markedly in the last 25-30 minutes but he had a decent looking brief partnership with Clarke (who looked quite tidy and ambitious)

Jury out. Still dont know anything more about the player to when he arrived.

He wears the Spurs jersey so will get behind him.

He's got more chance of making the squad as a RB than he has of replacing Lucas Moura, Son Heung-min, Erik Lamela, Steven Bergwijn and Ryan Sessegnon as a winger. Remember Mourinho hinted at Gedson moving to RB last season when he said he was playing him there in training. Ivanovic started as a winger so did Evra, Alaba and Alba ... if he could reach those levels we would all be very happy. Hard to judge against a league 1 side who were little threat but he probably earned at least another friendly start.

Back
Top Bottom