Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they earned that by being the best team there for decades and decades. Like Real Madrid, united, juve, Barcelona. They spend money they actually make.

Maybe they have and I certainly don't blame them for doing it, I would do the same if I could.

My point is that I often see people talk about Bayern in a different tone than teams like Juve, Madrid, United etc. They seem to be treated like they are a club that wins by being so much smarter while the other big teams use money to just buy everything up, while little old Bayern just make smart purchases.

This isn't saying they only win by bullying other German teams. They obviously combine that with a ton of smart purchases and use their power to get the right players from the lower teams. I just find that they narrative is that Bayern is more of a level of a tier 2 to 3 team when it comes to transfers fighting against the evil big clubs like United, Juve, RM, Barca etc. when they are every bit the same as those big clubs.

Maybe they have and I certainly don't blame them for doing it, I would do the same if I could.

My point is that I often see people talk about Bayern in a different tone than teams like Juve, Madrid, United etc. They seem to be treated like they are a club that wins by being so much smarter while the other big teams use money to just buy everything up, while little old Bayern just make smart purchases.

This isn't saying they only win by bullying other German teams. They obviously combine that with a ton of smart purchases and use their power to get the right players from the lower teams. I just find that they narrative is that Bayern is more of a level of a tier 2 to 3 team when it comes to transfers fighting against the evil big clubs like United, Juve, RM, Barca etc. when they are every bit the same as those big clubs.

Nah, they tend to do smart business by and large.... At least compared to the bottomless spending of Utd, RM Barca, PSG, City.

Nah, they tend to do smart business by and large.... At least compared to the bottomless spending of Utd, RM Barca, PSG, City.

I am relying on what I have I read from other German fans, which could just be sour grapes, but their claim is that a lot of those German players fees are much cheaper than they would be because Bayern gets the players to force their clubs to sell them to Bayern for cheaper or they will walk.

Maybe true, maybe BS and maybe that is the same thing that all clubs do although I haven't seen it, but if you look the prices for their German players from the Bundesliga look fairly low.

In terms of fees, there's no arguing Bayern have done some smarter business than most of the other uber clubs, but they do have a higher wage bill (270m) than City (267), and only 18m a year less than PSG (289). And that's with Mbappe and Neymar. And they are all dwarfed by RM (369m) and Barca (453m).

Kimmich will play in the double pivot alongside either Goretzka or Tolisso. Pavard will play RB.
Yeah and Kimmich is a very good player, but certainly no elite midfield maestro like Thiago and Pavard is nowhere near as good as Kimmich at right-back. A team with Sané, Muller, Gnabry and Lewandowski upfront is a scary thought though.

Yeah and Kimmich is a very good player, but certainly no elite midfield maestro like Thiago and Pavard is nowhere near as good as Kimmich at right-back. A team with Sané, Muller, Gnabrdy and Lewandowski upfront is a scary thought though.

They've really got to sort that Pavard thing out. When teams like Bayern have got players like Pavard as RB's you can see there's a bit of shortage of quality options out there.

In terms of fees, there's no arguing Bayern have done some smarter business than most of the other uber clubs, but they do have a higher wage bill (270m) than City (267), and only 18m a year less than PSG (289). And that's with Mbappe and Neymar. And they are all dwarfed by RM (369m) and Barca (453m).

Granted I'm talking fees, but you gotta get the players through the door and away from their 'owners'... That's pretty fundamental and very much at the core of what was being claimed before.

Out of interest where'd you get those figures from? ...Keen to see how a few others rank.

I am relying on what I have I read from other German fans, which could just be sour grapes, but their claim is that a lot of those German players fees are much cheaper than they would be because Bayern gets the players to force their clubs to sell them to Bayern for cheaper or they will walk.

Maybe true, maybe BS and maybe that is the same thing that all clubs do although I haven't seen it, but if you look the prices for their German players from the Bundesliga look fairly low.

My understanding is that domestically (and with German players in other leagues - See Sane.) they register interest with agents and sit tight and grab these players as their deals are winding down. They're like United of old, they just use the muscle that their success has afforded them.... Utd just have to stump up these days as all the EPL clubs are a bit better placed to play hardball thanks to the mega TV money.

PSG are sports-washers that have a front duo that cost 400m+ in doped cash. A whole other level of scum-duggery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom