Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No and to underline what a bullshit merchant o’keefe is Doherty is represented by an agency callEd World in Motion.

Apparently Mendes is instructed or sub contracted to do the transfer

I'd heard this completely independently

You don’t think Spurs are trying to move him?

And who cares how many transfers there are someone who is one of the best EPL FBs should be easy to move in any transfer window. That puts him at the elite level of his position.
I read the same clickbait bullshit as everyone else on here. I have no idea what Spurs are "trying to do" and this isn't just "any" window. I can't speculate on how easy a hypothetical move for a hypothetical amount may or may not be.

But £50 Million for Ben Chilwell is fucking mental.

Apparently Mendes is instructed or sub contracted to do the transfer

I'd heard this completely independently

Maybe but doherty’s agents aren’t going to suddenly not represent him on the deal. They’ll still want their money from their client. Mendes maybe involved and brokering the deal between the two clubs but that is completely different from being his agent as was stated.

I read the same clickbait bullshit as everyone else on here. I have no idea what Spurs are "trying to do" and this isn't just "any" window. I can't speculate on how easy a hypothetical move for a hypothetical amount may or may not be.

But £50 Million for Ben Chilwell is fucking mental.

Clickbait?

Alisdair Gold is not clickbait at all and he has talked about the Doherty signing as though it is fairly close to being done. I guess you could try to argue they want both but I think we all know that isn’t the case.

Also a lot of reliable have talked about the AC links plus just general comments in the team looking to move Aurier.

Trying to argue that he isn’t available is laughable.

Maybe but doherty’s agents aren’t going to suddenly not represent him on the deal. They’ll still want their money from their client. Mendes maybe involved and brokering the deal between the two clubs but that is completely different from being his agent as was stated.

True, but the maximum length of agreement between player and agent is two years - they expire and players drop their agents for one of the super agents just to get a transfer quite often.

Oh Christ on the verge of signing a quality RB and now it’s not good enough because he’s a gooner in his spare time.

Shall we drag out the Kane photos again?
One of our “legends” went to play for them, no one seems to mind
I agree. Saying we shouldn't sign him on the basis he's a closet gooner is a bit dumb.

Only, I haven't seen anyone saying that :kaneear:

Clickbait?

Alisdair Gold is not clickbait at all and he has talked about the Doherty signing as though it is fairly close to being done. I guess you could try to argue they want both but I think we all know that isn’t the case.

Also a lot of reliable have talked about the AC links plus just general comments in the team looking to move Aurier.

Trying to argue that he isn’t available is laughable.
football.london is actually the epitome of clickbait. Their entire business is based on clicks generated. That doesn't necessarily discredit their reliability.

I've read all the same stuff that everyone else has. Where there's smoke, there's often fire. But let's not act like the transfer "news" is never wrong.

For reading comprehension clarification; I said that I have no idea what Spurs are trying to do. That is not arguing that he isn't available. Come on, man.

Last edited:
And o haven’t accused anyone of saying that....the read
on the verge of signing a quality rb and now its not good enough because he's a gooner in his spare time.

your exact words mate. So either its your own opinion, which I highly doubt.. Or you're inferring it's someone elses just to get some attention or cause friction.

Back
Top Bottom