Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Matt Doherty and phase two of Spurs' transfer strategy with Jose Mourinho

With Doherty returning from a holiday in Sardinia on Thursday afternoon, Spurs are hoping to complete the deal before the 28-year-old flies out on Tuesday on international duty with the Republic of Ireland.

giphy.gif

And not everyone in “my country” lives in Thamesmead...you wanna be particular at least be thorough enough to avoid looking the tit.

I guess reading isn’t your strongpoint either

I know it isn't an area where you'd expect to find many Tottenham fans but does anyone here live in Thamesmead?

I'm just curious.

Media saying the deal is done 12m down plus 5m in add-ons ... surprised that other clubs haven't jumped on this deal although it now seems clear we had the player's commitment weeks ago so maybe nobody else got a look in. This seems to be how a lot of clubs are doing deals now, get the player signed up first, then haggle with his current club on the price. Bayern Munich have been doing this for years, seems to work OK for them.

If we can get this over the line, it will be considered a very shrewd buy. Not sure how we’re getting him for this price but I’ll take it. If we can sell Aurier for roughly the same price it would be bloody brilliant.

is this going to be a net zero summer for transfers?

If we can get this over the line, it will be considered a very shrewd buy. Not sure how we’re getting him for this price but I’ll take it. If we can sell Aurier for roughly the same price it would be bloody brilliant.

is this going to be a net zero summer for transfers?

Sell Aurier and buy Reguilon. Add an experienced back up ST on a free. Sell one or more marginal players and add a creative midfielder. Net zero but big improvement.

And not everyone in “my country” lives in Thamesmead...you wanna be particular at least be thorough enough to avoid looking the tit.

I guess reading isn’t your strongpoint either
Thanks for clearing up that all 56 million English persons don't live in your 'hood.

Never mentioned Thamesmead. That's all you, big guy.

That's right next to Woolwich, innit?

Figures.

Thanks for clearing up that all 56 million English persons don't live in your 'hood.

Never mentioned Thamesmead. That's all you, big guy.

That's right next to Woolwich, innit?

Figures.

You’re trying too hard.
I was born in Woolwich, well done for learning google maps though. The thing about being raised in London is that I know how people speak.....which is how this started.

Just because you swallowed an Oxford dictionary it doesn’t mean you know how people speak in England.

You’re trying too hard.
I was born in Woolwich, well done for learning google maps though. The thing about being raised in London is that I know how people speak.....which is how this started.

Just because you swallowed an Oxford dictionary it doesn’t mean you know how people speak in England.
Unlike you, I don't presume to know things about people I've never met, or "speak" for people that I don't know.

Also, we're not speaking. But fuck it, who needs to think critically when a blanket statement will suffice?

Back
Top Bottom