Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unlike you, I don't presume to know things about people I've never met, or "speak" for people that I don't know.
Yet.....
It's unsurprising that people around you don't use words that refer to understanding and insight.

Seems like yet again, your arrogance has fogged your thoroughness.

You want to be particular, but you don’t have a sharp enough edge to see that you’re doing a worse job than I am.

Last edited:
Yet.....

Seems like yet again, your arrogance has fogged your thoroughness.

You want to be particular, but you don’t have a sharp enough edge to see that you’re doing a worse job than I am.
You've twice been dismissive of reference books, and proclaimed that the good people of Thamesmead don't talk about parsing things.

My reply wasn't a presumption, it was an inference.

You've twice been dismissive of reference books, and proclaimed that the good people of Thamesmead don't talk about parsing things.

My reply wasn't a presumption, it was an inference.

And again it’s odd you think you know more about how people speak in Thamesmead than I do.
Assumption
a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

Inference
a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning.

So unless you know me or anyone around me or have any evidence as a base of reasoning, then this statement...... “It's unsurprising that people around you don't use words that refer to understanding and insight“.....is an assumption.

Learn words

And again it’s odd you think you know more about how people speak in Thamesmead than I do.
Assumption
a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

Inference
a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning.

So unless you know me or anyone around me or have any evidence as a base of reasoning, then this statement...... “It's unsurprising that people around you don't use words that refer to understanding and insight“.....is an assumption.

Learn words
Your parsing and application of assumption is off. I never said or implied that I "knew more about how people speak in Wastemanwich than you do."

The evidence is that you proffered how the fine people of Wastemanwich speak.

Your parsing and application of assumption is off. I never said or implied that I "knew more about how people speak in Wastemanwich than you do."

The evidence is that you proffered how the fine people of Wastemanwich speak.
Off?
Its direct quotes from the dictionary.

Again, you’re so wrapped up in what you seem to consider intelligence, that you’ve fallen off course and are talking about two different things.
Very embarrassing, faux intellect.

Here let me explain.

Your assumption had zero to do with the word parse, or my reply to that.
You’re assumption was that:
“It's unsurprising that people around you don't use words that refer to understanding and insight“.

Just before saying:

“Unlike you, I don't presume to know things about people I've never met, or "speak" for people that I don't know.“

So yet again, you are trying to be particular but lack the thoroughness to keep track of both what you’ve said, and what I’m pulling you up on.

Done deal I reckon, so it's "and the next one please".
Really liking this window so far and it's shrewd business. Nothing fancy just addressing last season's areas of concern and bringing in proven talent.
No more players "with potential" but people who can walk into a premiership game and know exactly what's expected of them.
Back up striker now would help a lot.

Bergwijn and Doherty have both sort of been out of nowhere and quickly sorted out.

That's 2 out of 3 signings since Jose got in. Hojbjerg was done pretty quickly, but we were linked for a while.

Talk about getting shit done.

Every single thread :paulinhobored:
Funny because it’s started with me talking about stats and Aurier then the following exchange escalated.

I'm almost relieved that he may leave, just so you all will shut the fuck up moaning about him and turn your miserable little attention spans to someone else that doesn't deserve it.
whos next Lucas?
I’ve always rated Lucas and have the January 2018 posts to prove it

nice try though
Lol. The "you all" implied all the Serge moaners.

The groupthink Blob.

Of course, Lucas is incredible.

But yeah, it’s always me arguing with myself isn’t it.
And what was the purpose of your little comment then?
Silly cunt

Just had a text message from Someone who works In the kitchen at The Enfield complex , they got asked to make a Veggie Burger with Carbonara sauce and mushrooms late last night , now you May be wondering what this has to do with Matt?

It’s happening people!! #itk
Expect him to complete his medical and announced today!

I guess this means Serge may be on his way out, as I can't imagine the club would sign Doherty just for squad depth.

I think there's enough smoke to be confident we're looking to let him go. If it doesn't happen for whatever reason tho I'll be ok with him being backup for when Doherty needs a rest.

Aurier has his critics no doubt but I've huge respect for how he acted after what happened to his brother. If he wants a move I hope he gets the fresh start he wants.

Funny because it’s started with me talking about stats and Aurier then the following exchange escalated.

But yeah, it’s always me arguing with myself isn’t it.
And what was the purpose of your little comment then?
Silly cunt
Dude, shut the fuck up. You could have just left it but you manage to pick an argument out of nothing literally all the time. This one isn't even relevant to the thread topic. It's painful for everyone else to read.

Back
Top Bottom