Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really?

Do you think it has an unfair reputation or is it merited?

If merited is the right word.
Thamesmead was an old school estate, if you wanted trouble you’d find it, but mainly in house stuff.
Not muggings or random attacks.
I had friends that wouldn’t come over late, like anywhere it’s what you know I guess.

Now it’s as violent as anywhere else. Even then I always thought Tottenham and Stoke Newington was far more scary

Thamesmead was an old school estate, if you wanted trouble you’d find it, but mainly in house stuff.
I had friends that wouldn’t come over late, like anywhere it’s what you know I guess.

Now it’s as violent as anywhere else. Even then I always thought Tottenham and Stoke Newington was far more scary

Really? I thought there was supposed to be a high number of muggings and attacks.

I've been there a couple of times and, no offence, it was an unsettling experience.

I could sense the danger.

I think if you live somewhere,it's never as scary to you,no matter how rough.
For various reasons,it never seems as bad.Like knowing a rough pub ,i suppose.
Stokey and Dalston use to be very intimidating.I remember dropping a girl of there years back,and walking up to Kingsland road to get the bus back to Wood green.It felt like a scene from Dawn of the Dead.Got talking to a couple of doorman who had just finished ,and a young kid who was at the bus stop .All agreed it felt a wrong uns area. Now, the night bus stops are full of students etc after a night out.It's changed

Really? I thought there was supposed to be a high number of muggings and attacks.

I've been there a couple of times and, no offence, it was an unsettling experience.

I could sense the danger.
I guess I never experienced it as an outsider so probably have a milder or more affectionate look.
It was a mixture of Kray associates (everyone knew them right) travellers, BNP and rude boys

#meltingpot

Back
Top Bottom